Welcome Home...Three Years Later! A June 2021 PTR (Updated 6/21)

Joining in! We're also going in June and can't wait.

Thanks for reading along! I'm just excited that we finally get to plan a trip again! Hopefully everything stays on track and the upcoming trips we have actually happen!

Surprise Spring Break Trip - Day 3 & 4 Plans

After a nice day of rest to start our spring break vacation today we will hit the ground running with some theme park time! Our first order of business this morning will be to get all of our stuff together and move over to our new resort, Royal Pacific.

ACtC-3esvD7FEE0xEKAbSJtbc9cSBp8uUvF0t_knfecsVhDSs5lij3wQuM2fIeDikx_zTO3ABLK2NtIlHeOcHnQyUs0h_7ri2obhGCMYhpGGJ1fnx-yeusImr4R0EGVPE-n44Apo36Y-jBA-7riez0Ge5kJA9g=w1004-h500-no

We will need to try and be there by around 8:00 so we can grab our room keys which is what we will use for our Express Pass service! DW and I got spoiled with express on our last trip and can’t imagine doing the parks at Universal without it! I’ve got down that we will start the day here:

ACtC-3c_WC72C1oqFWV2u2VooeFCykX4ua0348ghtJdYGtmbvFgHfSU9s5xvX_l7_yshz3wEtNkfkNlmqWkqML5ma60IriDMku74Uduyr3L0mvOb6Y23mtwm71kLQIEARc9EvpBvg1mCIsKWTAZwotGbYcMXzg=w1104-h1472-no

I picked this one because Islands of Adventure opens an hour later than Universal Studios, but then with early entry we can go in at 9:00. If we were going to Universal Studios first the early entry there would be 8:00, so it would have been an earlier morning. Now, it remains to be seen which park will actually have early entry, so this may change, but for now we will be heading to Islands of Adventure!

We will definitely be trying to get on Hagrid’s first thing, especially if IOA is the early entry park so that we can take advantage of that time. This ride is unbelievable and DW and I can’t wait to ride it with DS8. I wish we didn’t have to rider swap DS5, but he won’t be quite tall enough. He is tall enough for some other rides though now that he has hit the 42” mark!
HAGRIDS

We will probably spend the morning in IOA before having lunch at one of our favorite places at Universal, The Three Broomsticks!

DW and I had a great meal here when we came...the fish and chips were excellent!

ACtC-3dTcbH3uX5mnv9IdaCTuBEwkwWJHDvD2IfIykp-Hp-sysD2eLOGyajDjC6AKsVnbnDDWnM2CsaCfkZ-PKzrsz4Zb-0xVnU6Cs-S9v5CZyh5S5J1KR9oePE9fTpyyC9Zchmzd8L4rOAKeSby2XYvSlOlKg=w1104-h1472-no

At some point we will take the train over to Universal Studios to do a few things over there. DS5 has watched YouTube videos and keeps saying he is going to do Gringotts. He is tall enough, but I’m pretty sure he would get a little scared, so we’ll see how things go with that. We are pretty excited for the boys to do some things over here like Transformers and Men in Black. I think they will like both of those, and of course you can’t come to Universal without riding ET!

Our plan for after the park today is to head back to the resort and get settled. The boys will most likely want some pool time, so we’ll probably just get some food at the Bula Bar and Grill, which is the poolside dining at Royal Pacific. I’ve heard some good things about their food there. We are definitely looking forward to some time at the pool though:

ACtC-3djMuN2R-CBanaBqk46i1JvRTd-c-EOFG_Za4PuoKrJH58ePBq7RoOxK8qZi8OW4Gj0vqHY9putQNYh9rDjQBD9k1wgg547ozkgMnNRIjwQa8dllgbOLb8J-1ZeNVx-5SWcvSB6QwutPQCZPdehnTE-wQ=w2000-h1334-no

For the next day, day 4, we plan on starting the day at Universal Studios. They are currently opening at 9:00, but it could be 8:00 if this becomes the early entry park. The kids will really like both the Shrek and Minions attractions at the front of the park, so those will be must dos. I am also really excited about seeing the new Bourne Stuntacular show, so we may work on it this morning as well.

We will probably catch lunch in Universal Studios before we take the train to the other park after lunch. I was really wanting to eat pizza at Louie’s as I’ve heard the pizza is actually pretty good for Florida theme park pizza. But, I’ve been looking on the app and it looks like Louie’s may only be opening on the weekend currently. Now, I also want to try some of the Mardi Gras booths, so we may just use this lunch to try some of the food at all of the booths!

We will head over to Islands of Adventure and take in some of our favorite things. The kids will love the Jurassic Park area. Once again with DS5, he is tall enough for the River Adventure, but I’m not so sure he won’t get scared riding it. He loves log rides, but I think this one is pretty intense for a log ride. Of course I’ll have to stop for my obligatory picture with my favorite jeep:

ACtC-3f9TUPUJ-VF541749H6szVxvKZdA6mtr0HBBAIyCue4O-ljpyP14C2aHaakaS_Y7n9u9SowJE-9JAiDeO2yCWZ5eVbbJkGftMfYbn1ZXukX9Ah5vXCas2S9ln_KbAvH2fFEiXAG7uNny5e8MWv1KgRptQ=w1964-h1472-no

We will also definitely be spending some time in Seuss Landing. I think this is one of the most underrated areas of Universal Orlando. It is a cool theme and DS5 is going to love it!

ACtC-3ca1nRaMi704PzB3bcvJjSmCjYIQZNbDrn7Yld8xeKVy4yIImaBkuyqCF5wBRiuwiK4E7at9yW4fhAzMIsR_v86ih97y8zzM8mgcSA2Ff_sicOWEhDD2Rzb8tXaNgODCjtmaHQFbUmVAsXBQHGNFyRTig=w1964-h1472-no

After spending the afternoon at Islands of Adventure we were considering where to eat dinner. I have been looking into a couple of things, one of them eating at Toothsome, but not sure the food looks like it would appeal to us much. Of course we will have to stop and get one of these shakes at some point during the trip:

ACtC-3fmvmuNLoleOijBPRsPuPQfW5KtEk4M_E_4Bydq9dtgghKxC11nATB8J3p5i_eq1AK6gAevJXhBlanMQGnHaMQv-gZwlFptDG9pGHHlJwAa4amooqkV4xNyxegTFpqyzXTpqYWFUTMBDn2Tv1PM0GD-MA=w1104-h1472-no

Anyways, the other option I was considering for dinner was Vivo Italian. I’ve never really heard much about it, but as I’m researching it seems to get really good reviews and our boys love pasta and stuff like that, so Vivo may be a good spot!

That will about do it for Days 3 & 4. Stay tuned as we plan the last two days of our Surprise Spring Break Vacation!

Up Next: Surprise Spring Break Vacation - Days 5 & 6

I'm late to the party but I'm here!!! Your two weeks at Disney this summer sounds ah-mazing!!! And your spring break at Universal sounds fun too!!! We just did Universal in October but without the Express Pass... Never again... The lines were crazy long!!! Everyone was great about social distancing and wearing masks but the stand by lines were CrAzY long!!!! Next time we do Universal, the Express Pass is a must!!!! Can't wait to read all about your trip!!! :surfweb:

Following along! I have read all of your previous trip reports and highly enjoy them. Your sons are getting so big!!

Thanks for reading. I can't believe how big they are either. DS5 has just sprung up in the last year and is now over the important 42" mark to qualify for some rides!

I'm late to the party but I'm here!!! Your two weeks at Disney this summer sounds ah-mazing!!! And your spring break at Universal sounds fun too!!! We just did Universal in October but without the Express Pass... Never again... The lines were crazy long!!! Everyone was great about social distancing and wearing masks but the stand by lines were CrAzY long!!!! Next time we do Universal, the Express Pass is a must!!!! Can't wait to read all about your trip!!! :surfweb:

Yes!!! Both times we've been to Universal in the last 6-7 years we have had a couple of days of the Express Pass and it is definitely a HUGE benefit! A must have for sure! And I'm sure around spring break time they will be necessary for us!

All of your Universal plans sound great. I know so little about the park as a whole that I have no suggestions. But sounds like you have it all under control! ;)

All of your Universal plans sound great. I know so little about the park as a whole that I have no suggestions. But sounds like you have it all under control! ;)

We are very excited. Of course, like most others who are planning a trip, we just need to get out of here and have a vacation! Hopefully we get to enjoy some time away!

Reading along...

We only have a three day park ticket because that is what I get at the Travel Agent rate

Have you looked into the cost of upgrading to annual passes? As long as you aren't traveling during a blackout date (March 27-April 10), seasonal passes usually aren't much more money (some people actually report getting money back) than three days tickets. Plus then you have them if you happen to want to use them during your summer trip. Just something to think about.

I have been looking into a couple of things, one of them eating at Toothsome, but not sure the food looks like it would appeal to us much. Of course we will have to stop and get one of these shakes at some point during the trip:

I LOVE Toothsome! Just try to avoid going at park close or you are probably going to have a long-ish wait.

I have read most of your trip reports over the last few days. :) What a cute family. I can relate as a recently retired teacher :) We have taken many long summer trips.
We should be at Fort Wilderness now, but canceled due to Covid. Within the last 2 hours, hubby said we need to get out of Dodge :) We are going to stay at Cocoa Beach and head to WDW for 3 nights next month! I have never had only 30 days to plan a trip :) We will hit MK and Epcot. While at Epcot, Via Napoli will be on the list, thanks to you guys :)

Reading along...

Thanks for reading!!! Glad you're here!

Have you looked into the cost of upgrading to annual passes? As long as you aren't traveling during a blackout date (March 27-April 10), seasonal passes usually aren't much more money (some people actually report getting money back) than three days tickets. Plus then you have them if you happen to want to use them during your summer trip. Just something to think about.

Yes that's a great idea and we were just actually considering this yesterday. It is a great idea. It doesn't benefit us to use the TA rate tickets, but with the current ticket deal where you get a 4 day ticket for the price of a 1 day ticket that is actually a good possibility. That ticket is only like $5 more than our TA ticket. I'm kind of waiting though and see if they start selling the 3 park tickets or 3 park passes again once we get closer to Volcano Bay opening. If we do an AP I want to be able to do Volcano Bay too and right now that isn't an option.

I LOVE Toothsome! Just try to avoid going at park close or you are probably going to have a long-ish wait.

Yeah, that's makes sense and is good to know..April and I went in the middle of the day on our anniversary and it wasn't crowded at all. I'm thinking we will just take a break from park time one day to do it. Since the park hours are so short we won't really have time to take a resort break, but that may be a nice way to get out of the parks for just a few minutes!

I have read most of your trip reports over the last few days. :) What a cute family. I can relate as a recently retired teacher :) We have taken many long summer trips.

Congrats on your retirement! Thanks for reading!!

We should be at Fort Wilderness now, but canceled due to Covid. Within the last 2 hours, hubby said we need to get out of Dodge :) We are going to stay at Cocoa Beach and head to WDW for 3 nights next month! I have never had only 30 days to plan a trip :) We will hit MK and Epcot. While at Epcot, Via Napoli will be on the list, thanks to you guys :)

Hoping you have a great trip! If there is ever a time to take a last minute trip without planning this is it! Would love to hear about it when you get back!!

Surprise Spring Break Vacation - Days 5 & 6

We are down to giving a brief overview of the last two days of our surprise spring break trip to Universal Orlando Resort! On Day 5 we will have our final day in the parks. Before we leave the hotel this morning we will have to check out of Royal Pacific as we are not staying there tonight. We will probably spend the entire day in the parks since the hours are so short. We want to just spend some time today repeating all of the rides that we have enjoyed over the past two days. Since we have the express pass we will probably just let the boys pick what they want to do since we can basically get on any ride we want. We may go ride Hagrid’s in the morning because I’m sure we will want to do that one again and it’s the only ride that doesn’t use express pass!

At some point we will hop back and forth between parks on the Hogwarts Express:

ACtC-3dySd-k_zT803gIUNMTL-YPHyqf9-C8WcH4Vj9ndH-IzVVT6ffvQdw6tuOh6SiRCZTHl7G_bJHdYTPHTeSVKWb2q5efMJnZFPpwvFmB1r_Azl8D4i5Vm1YjNULN-h-Q0pGYbe8HeLTQFndJH5lMkKMsKg=w1964-h1472-no

ACtC-3esQ058yTUq0MoWMzFQni47cZkSiAKQUcl-iKThP4g-qpDcVX5Y2Bz73BOW0TPdi4y8jRZkVf4s34VRsb1NJXU2kYZLVCFsH7ZBw5pbPhaklGLjRegHOlwWM7Wxljtc54PK5q7v_IH8BmwCer29cOv8YQ=w1104-h1472-no

This is one of the things I’m excited about doing with the boys. I think this experience will be awesome for them!

I’m sure we will also do Gringott’s ride again. I really like this ride and even Brooks has watched the YouTube video and says he wants to do this ride. I haven’t told them we have a trip coming, but he insists he won’t be scared! Haha

ACtC-3d83Z3NVNvyw1jqBi7vlZ387Hw0auCyugbArG1RIRb58GCcfIEJ3-ZPRjCVxrHybSeFcERnbgiMU1pmv9wgGXuJW0vEfXsEl371qFDeZ0fII3n4Mf4fM9rcacNIbgZfBxM_v5J-uZE7qlUlsqVYSiOJhA=w1104-h1472-no

One final thing that will have to happen on this day is to get another Butterbeer. I know I haven’t mentioned it yet, but there is about a 0.1% we wouldn’t have had one already at this point. So we will just have to enjoy a final Butterbeer!

ACtC-3e2w0SskWxLwIZySOBnmCuUUe_A8i22OqLVs6yd1swF7iM1x7XZpqP0PDK47MwiX6pDvjIF1bRDFZg5xT4q4owObFdfs-PwDPtKZLcrHOeMg-1-HodiPO0fJe-N8EJJyUBRom8x3kZ6L9RakmgrLzO2hQ=w1964-h1472-no

When we get done with the parks tonight we will head to our new resort which is just for one night as we leave. I mean we could have stayed one more night at Royal Pacific for $350 or moved over to this place for $89...I’m pretty cheap, so you can guess that’s why we chose to move here:

ACtC-3fX1KL8FbSem8NaeDaUyxmOfnamk0KqFx1wGdrHdBIK_gXCT9pLSoXkGToK6atptaNCwDgff2RoZy_woFER_1-vjSEC3ABYGkwARFWQ32xSmb3clCN1DS0NiMsmqpQNYQUh68p_gx73KYukg6Xwv7BUTg=w1964-h1472-no

ACtC-3dbCUm9xARjkj7IfFQW9WM1MomxcOydG451ewKrJaFs6-F_grPXJk024t2gbrzABAX7pZsuYxgsDhGRci0XkNhGC1PQjcoqgKWwkl2nwiZHc6ZzRunlkjGFC8WVQZwUGuMat_jZV84E0aAkCAr1fVw7fg=w1964-h1472-no

ACtC-3ftIy2KcQZZOeE-Bf9OMe4mQUFZoJrOdF0DrXi9UdiqNKe6RgReDFmAhqN01M56uQ7alQf2lYFq0--RB-J8bbccH2AH2gDAMUw5ULBNs9ja52oE6QgXLytbOKcTX-qGzm7QZds9v2hlMJ-WKDgvvjxY9Q=w1964-h1472-no

Since the parks are closing so early, around 5 or 6, we will have plenty of time to swim tonight in the great pool and lazy river at Cabana Bay. We will probably just grab dinner in the Bayliner Diner at the resort so we can let the boys swim!

April and I loved this resort when we stayed here on our anniversary and I’m sure the boys will too!

The next day, our final in Florida, we will get up and probably swim just a bit before checking out of the hotel at 11:00. Our plan is to head back to Disney Springs for lunch at one of our favorite places, D’Lux Burger! We loved our meal here the last time we were at Disney!

ACtC-3eGGiWRChSNQwPggCNv7Rbw-YFdfyewRUcyMOuUVwaUygtt9SRzYVJQsDSzrFmbP6gvdOAst84ljKrAsFSaAm0dXZot1Ne11pxi2D50hICSST9E9Bba-jMxabu9kBvPrmJDt_U1eeoFFkVLQE2J-j7Kkw=w1104-h1472-no

We have to be at the airport in Tampa at around 4:00 to turn in our rental car and get to our 6:20 flight. Our flight recently got pushed later, so now we don’t get back to Dallas until 8:05. I will probably just tough it out and drive home, about 3 hours, after getting to Dallas. At that point we will want to just be home!

So, that’s it! The rough plan for our surprise spring break trip! We are getting closer and everyone is still healthy! Fingers Crossed!!! Have a great week everyone!

Up Next: Summer Trip - Day 1 Plans

Looks like a fantastic plan. Can’t wait to read about it when you get back .

Love seeing your Universal plans! We were supposed to spend Thanksgiving 2020 at Universal but we canceled so I really need to get my kids there as they have never been!

Yes that's a great idea and we were just actually considering this yesterday. It is a great idea. It doesn't benefit us to use the TA rate tickets, but with the current ticket deal where you get a 4 day ticket for the price of a 1 day ticket that is actually a good possibility. That ticket is only like $5 more than our TA ticket. I'm kind of waiting though and see if they start selling the 3 park tickets or 3 park passes again once we get closer to Volcano Bay opening. If we do an AP I want to be able to do Volcano Bay too and right now that isn't an option.

Just watch with the ticket deals that it isn't a buy x days and get x days free. With the vast majority of those tickets, you only get credit for the price you paid for the days, not the "free" days. They are still sometimes a good deal, but not as great of a day if you are going to bridge to an AP. Also, Universal is more than willing to take more of your money so if you want to upgrade to a 3-park pass at the time of your trip, they can do that at any time (the same probably applies for tickets, but I'm not 100% on that since I usually have an AP). Each of the hotels has a ticket desk in the lobby and they can do just about anything that you need there as opposed to waiting for guest services at the park. But Universal runs A LOT of changing discounts so if you don't like the one that they have right now, you can always wait to see if something better comes along.

Also, to throw another potential game changer, if you get at least one AP, you could see if there are any AP discounts/deals on your hotel rooms. There is a link on the Universal DISboard to check.

The next day, our final in Florida, we will get up and probably swim just a bit before checking out of the hotel at 11:00.

I'm not sure what they are doing with COVID, but in the past, we've always been able to get a late check-out (usually noon, but once till 1 p.m.). Also there are the BEST locker rooms attached to the gym at Cabana Bay. You could totally continuing swimming after your check-out time and use the locker rooms to comfortably shower and dress for your flight home (Again, check post-COVID availability first). I mention that because we happened to be wandering around on one of our visits and came upon them. I think 99.9% of the people in the hotel don't know that they are there.

Looks like a fantastic plan. Can’t wait to read about it when you get back .

Thanks for reading along!

Love seeing your Universal plans! We were supposed to spend Thanksgiving 2020 at Universal but we canceled so I really need to get my kids there as they have never been!

After we canceled Disney last summer because they were closed we were planning on doing Universal. We ended up canceling that too just because we didn't want to risk things shutting down again while were in the middle of a trip.

Just watch with the ticket deals that it isn't a buy x days and get x days free. With the vast majority of those tickets, you only get credit for the price you paid for the days, not the "free" days. They are still sometimes a good deal, but not as great of a day if you are going to bridge to an AP. Also, Universal is more than willing to take more of your money so if you want to upgrade to a 3-park pass at the time of your trip, they can do that at any time (the same probably applies for tickets, but I'm not 100% on that since I usually have an AP). Each of the hotels has a ticket desk in the lobby and they can do just about anything that you need there as opposed to waiting for guest services at the park. But Universal runs A LOT of changing discounts so if you don't like the one that they have right now, you can always wait to see if something better comes along.

That is good to know. I get confused with the difference in price bridging at Universal as compared to Disney. We've done it at Disney several times, but know it's different at Universal.

Also, to throw another potential game changer, if you get at least one AP, you could see if there are any AP discounts/deals on your hotel rooms. There is a link on the Universal DISboard to check.

Oh, I didn't know there was a good way to check that online. Going to have to go do that now! Thanks for more great info!!

I'm not sure what they are doing with COVID, but in the past, we've always been able to get a late check-out (usually noon, but once till 1 p.m.). Also there are the BEST locker rooms attached to the gym at Cabana Bay. You could totally continuing swimming after your check-out time and use the locker rooms to comfortably shower and dress for your flight home (Again, check post-COVID availability first). I mention that because we happened to be wandering around on one of our visits and came upon them. I think 99.9% of the people in the hotel don't know that they are there.

That is something great to know too. I'm sure we will ask for a little bit of a late checkout so we can swim some more. Good to know about the locker room as an alternative too!

Summer Trip - Day 1 Plans

In today’s PTR update I’m going to switch over to our summer Disney Trip and look at our travel day as we head down to Orlando. We leave OKC early in the morning and we can’t wait to be on a plane heading back to Disney!

ACtC-3dEltjjccYlRt7uBawd2msRxei_9e_DiPri0SOc4p0uzbCWxh_o1p6BXCNFOooaoAGjscZ37xIxVMPzessYmr-MMLwY0FFAN02j_-tBG_M1Ttz54qe77L2z3zF58J9P8Z_gY3RxWp7E5M2AcwfrgIlP9A=w1104-h1472-no

We do have to stop and change planes in Houston, but even with that we will get into Orlando at around noon. We will take the Magical Express over to Disney World...probably for the last time ever, is anyone else sad it is going away or is it just me?

Anyway, we should get to our resort hopefully by around 1:30 or so. For the first week of our trip we are staying here:

Obpc54bT3sYrbsRGG5_TPcOUcNZ9LYztuLd4OWBCynS42-4rnVE0GfHpKck7ZWqiYjUqFu6lyfSM5z1Fyh3AYWOLOLvLZZ4h1mUV9znqv80DVeCQ1JJc9ZxDAqHMi27Wppgb87JNL1o4z3ivDSwwGJhcG2smymFOkpKA1ggHBA6iVdN_OIYSl2ivEmCQQtXCUMmem1MgZ0cWJ6dZvVpNgV11mz2WXNZDHa10WZtCkt10jVpuA63Af0qpmMa4XRvPR55S2K1nTYge0FIfFGSElw4tllHi1ayIrgALhaWd19dHN0hFPYHsBLYS8szZdn7XRqzjkXKTRpkJYWo50N3s5tpYtWuhqu804F_37gG39RKy5M15_Tqy3M_9OoTxW5cIf1PxD62aRtn6Rnqe9rJ3SRQC4_KZzHNXe0JuQRwCgpR05z7jx6g8A7saS0aNFm_8eb9Uh_OnaqFEnfDlziBxhmsr_aHyq1S6sY6-O2DAd_IRYBXq8mATLAVoU6FF8AtDeM4-9WX1N1b8mtW4uwMU7CvZsRHcud2sYwaTvTS72eng0T9eR8jzS4l08l7xUvIbYHWPbBxdMzZ5uZJ6K-k8wTJ21qgmPJNbH39U_Ho36hxi3XbPBmEa1P5FXFyhEoblyQ8uR2u-PfteQ8HtjT5-ETGwuzYDWsFkNeuARQaDGLIq0K0BS9ii09qqScqp=w1964-h1472-no

We usually wouldn’t stay this long in a value resort, but the combination of those awesome renovated rooms and the new skyliner access has us looking forward to it. Also, we’ve had to reschedule this trip a couple of times due to some COVID things affecting our summer plans and between that and several resorts still being closed we ended up with this room. Of course, we are excited about those new renovated rooms at Pop. Well, they’re not super new anymore, but will be new to us.

ACtC-3c6bkc1-hQsJk5hJHHo6MGfBqdsP6sK8FQIg_IL8HleHbfqGnvvvxXXEmoqAL56egQhjkIbcwReGuee71zhvBKgMNfF4JQUaI6B7enPLiSVOoB5CjEwmh9-70bW5z0Ksw_RqiPHb2wotnab1PGeASjyuA=w620-h414-no

We do have a parks pass this day at Epcot and would probably just head over around 3:00 or 4:00, depending on when our room is ready. Riding the Skyliner over for our first ever ride on that!

j-QPeyCGWJbRh7YTzG_3vIERdjzeK8lfmjRiGHzw0uE9enDt58WpXF0xH0sPcf9mANuJnSJ1o8Cxyn1IyOH0Y_MxyUKrSXsh4diyzneoOumUdlVZ298FMLuU7IjEL6byIE0JPjm1Mk5hnZmoSFaC0R8DRC5JM8JAlqwNoCOxsGcPel0zQTcfsrN5gNuIkDybaVVGGR9xzg__HpN95NCDcgvaryHUsG8OZIhCR9PYZEqQywh34pyIirPrzfjDBoKCsVkx_BYQY0aFCtBZQOygfeF0cIz2A5uJ51asSqgyQw76b-yA8qMjUz24WC5LZGPTkw8XXOktss4e2Sy1sLqC7KVdI6QSSK-qdRvgvXlhEKbC0rZOckKdaOhZ-hRv70sCtOKr4KlM2B5T-pV1YX4sG2QMpA_QGPKcDmK6LF1VB8yNym3F03-9NxIeCu5cnfFcuItKMBtMbV4el0dq0wfw9vurR7wORfKFlzPhJUKZ0QqaOy1HiaYUAruTZtR9eeFJgQDUzNEkYexmp9OkXWtlKFenPdpu8Ymmd37owcW_37yCKjP-BnWybQVy386FjQuaQ0UWhD8aIjRbrB84za9RFyNJtXW_ETjIkNsfhGfZu79KMGgz3ra_6PnfWDmUoU2hXipN0e4DKh750z_WpgDVWzXHgZmE6-mD-gAxpPeNPeuyus9dMc11r9LZkkBuJg=w1960-h1472-no

Our main reason for going will be to activate our annual passes that we will have had purchased for over 18 months at that point. Also, do you still have to go to guest services to activate if they are on my account? I assume you still pick up an annual pass card to get discounts and stuff, but I haven’t really stayed up on all of that since the closure.

We might end up doing a dinner reservation at somewhere like Via Napoli that we love or maybe just do some of the booths because I think Flower and Garden goes all the way until July this year. Now, hopefully we can do a couple of rides or two while we’re here. I’m sure Test Track will be out if FP’s aren’t back by then, but Soarin’ or Frozen Ever After both could be possibilities.

iYhA7eDUv-J_ZWaZgu5-iniEanANwS-BvtTkUfTDnxYVVRs8x84JiiAnMWT9jSq4C8A_D4xpSpKgoePZQY5L3P7fiFeKwev7L4xXvu_HghWV0nO5CW6XM_DwTrGhejDKee3IfIioSGxQa-H5BcPmhwc2RXZHa3YT8SIfDwhdNZUKdK1nqVhdok0kjTK9RryMVNFqQiFtzBlm-dTVF7yh0E2Xg_MoF49d-0IVjpDT_oNaASZOpjnXj49Z3qQVSNtsIva8UO1ytW1CSPiA45uH3LgGpeUr1Fg2wSmSrE5T2Z2CWpeP8UBAexmsvgsArssQreS_F_c-LNrxMYRR7yHk0FQIQZIApOcZIDcox_DZyHOX_Bk48pYwWzTrsghfFtbpblflwHV8sWVggqyJj-Xm2wd0cKaEitWMU99K6Tq96CZPDevtMK4ouOVtzmp8NdrEbaLCDLqnIq7SF1mo9Ft9tJaZteF5rj0mzjiqEacBS2tom1BOuAzpPUKZXDA-ll2OG9fyWhpw5VlI-TsJ9yyYG3_-hLuaEaAtpzSetKbDw-zh5YuJ7Kr1iDcgOmFMRWkVsmFqZtdv2LsFFd-s-X7n--3LkfUKTEvdHkYQ03vj5a1GKDXBGvgZ2TnmvepR7PK25jJj-zjYwghy4d5yfkjo75AN-dgvGLbKTONvmIIo70dYI4EMWivztVjgGEjCng=w1200-h800-no

Whatever we do we probably won’t stay in the park past about 7:00 as we don’t want to get too worn out on the first night. Hopefully we’ll get into our room before heading off to the park, but if not we will head back to Pop and get settled now. I think going to a park like this on arrival day is only really on my mind because the Skyliner makes it so easy from the resorts in that area! That will do it for our arrival day. We plan on hitting the ground running the next morning. Getting to parks early is very important right now, so we’ll want to get well rested!

THROWBACK PICTURE OF THE DAY
For each day of plans I'm going to post a throwback picture from a past trip. Today, it is of DS8's first visit to Club Cool at Epcot back in 2013! I can't believe it's been that long since his first trip!!

saaZmsJX0Nti5iP8fwvb5FVF77BYKstK6mg_IqqoUrmzbfolHXJAfjkDvv3ozNwl4P-dYt3u0L0Ny1mbRwArLKAB-TkhoHgA-ucuJIBX9mYaLHtTySdUeRObYgWKFfTYwxX696GUSP9Xpw_cp33furQB0LC2TPMrpzb8n5Dw63a6aX2xYE7_BJvRLBjqZ2or4d0GzSU0tIauUMYEfO_SJoKNaoOTM1gI163Chg1rhEuhbOgRekTKceaAJJZKyOEyGAhpJLbzHedlbi6qXBmpFE8slE4plSNkFuELEosWCMpA5EQp91dvThWw1GKSJeI5kj_-7IIEGlH8JAtRxNiJHvA4EHn0Ft7sdZJmZ0lgLvfIyHO3KY5-G6z48sn5Geg-i1s-X0DrCoCrEKessPNrlKOMCc2dq_mEwiLM-FAPx3EJX_694XEb8m-uKG31gHtF0ek3IvitxK6UzhFfOYBxXTNMTDafmpyUlm_w7CqTrvU6Ze81Imh4PUBunlsmQ6uT7HKMqVV0atofWsWSJ5Wy_Fjk4BYXM4TRRrDkHzRAP6HMtjrIeWL83qwaRgX17nAcAcj-Du8fY8Pd3XUgtNivvHKU_p048nwXzHRI8YMyxwcRS28NnWDWBcG5rSc-y5I-JUGnTjk7QwL2zIZjLTYR2al6mngMz-oK8WH1nwds-HufHdOqQ2f5zhnu5iAwDw=w1104-h1472-no

Have a great rest of the week everyone! We got the forecast for today that says we may have up to 15 inches of snow here in Oklahoma...yeah...I don’t believe it either, but we’ll see!

Up Next: Day 2 Plans

Sorry, but all I heard you say was "up to 15 inches of snow here" YIKES!!! :scared1:

Here in Iowa, luckily, we get it in small does... 5-7 inches at a time... Can't imagine getting 15 inches!!! :eek:

You're first day sounds great!!!! And we love Pop!!! But haven't stayed there since they renovated the rooms...

Sorry, but all I heard you say was "up to 15 inches of snow here" YIKES!!! :scared1:

Here in Iowa, luckily, we get it in small does... 5-7 inches at a time... Can't imagine getting 15 inches!!! :eek:

Well, the weathermen here are calling it a "once in a lifetime" event! We'll see if it actually pans out. We got all stocked up with groceries for next week today just in case.

You're first day sounds great!!!! And we love Pop!!! But haven't stayed there since they renovated the rooms...

We haven't either. I mean, I feel like the renovation is old news now, but with us being gone for three years by the time of the trip it will be new to us!

I think going to a park like this on arrival day is only really on my mind because the Skyliner makes it so easy from the resorts in that area!
The Skyliner will be great! Just one thing to keep in mind, the Skyliner will take you to the back of EPCOT. I believe there is a Customer Service window there, not sure if they can activate annual passes there or not. We did ours at Customer Service at the front of the park. I would think they would, but I feel like it is one of those things, you just never know.

The Skyliner will be great! Just one thing to keep in mind, the Skyliner will take you to the back of EPCOT. I believe there is a Customer Service window there, not sure if they can activate annual passes there or not. We did ours at Customer Service at the front of the park. I would think they would, but I feel like it is one of those things, you just never know.

That is a good point. I think they will take care of passes. I'm not so sure we didn't do it at the International Gateway in the past. Of course with COVID who knows, it seems like everything is changing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter