Weekend nights

Jaga

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first trip to WDW DVC but sadly we will have to till next fall.......

Hope to stay for 5 nights at Vero Sun-Thurs and then 5 nights at BWV Sun-Thurs in one bedroom accomodation with our points. Plan to spend a cheap first night in Orlando as the flight arrives late pm. But where should we go for the weekend nights?

Options I have thought of include:

1. Stay at Vero (cheaper) or BWV in studio or 1 bed at the DVC rate - Any ideas what this will be approx?
2. Stay at a cheap hotel in Orlando for two nights ? via priceline or any hotel suggestions
3. Stay at another timeshare resort and tolerate the hard sell presentation.
4. Spend 6 nights at Vero and 7 nights at BWV in studio accomodation for similar points.
5. Visit somewhere else nearby...but where????

We are family of four - 3 1/2 year old DS and 1 year old DD.

We do like our space but we also are not great fans of moving around too much. Don't mind the first night but the two in the middle may be lots of hassle.

What would the seasoned travellers out there suggest? Please help......

Many thanks

Jaga

I hate to change resorts or rooms during vacation, so if it were me, I'd just spend the extra points and stay at the BWV. But if that isn't an option, then I'd consider staying near Sea World for the two weekend nights and taking the kids there.

CarolMN took the words right out of my keyboard. ;)

I hate moving hotels during a vacation, unless I'm also changing cities (like Vero Beach and Orlando).

If you can handle the moving, the priceline hotel is not a bad way to go. Realize that you will go from "wonderful" to "just another hotel" to "wonderful".

We like Sea World and Busch Gardens a lot so those would be good to visit on your "between" days. Both feature lots of animals that your kids will be able to enjoy at their age.

Personally, as much as I hate moving, I would not go to a studio with two kids. I think it would be worth it to move an extra time and have a hotel room for two nights and still be able to enjoy the 1BR for the other 10 nights.

Choices, planning, choices, planning. This DVC is a full time job! :D

I faced the same decision for a trip we are doing next June. So what will we end up doing ? We'll spend the weekend nights at one of the Universal Hotels ( Hard Rock or Portifino ). As a resort guest at one of those hotels, you enjoy what is called "Front of the Line" which is kinda like a Fastpass for most every major ride, all day. This way we will get to experience US/IoA without having to spend all our time in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter