Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

Need advice from my peeps...

We are in the last leg of our trip organization, almost ready to leave this weekend. I think I'm all ready, but normally I like to spend the time before a big trip calmly reviewing all my plans, double checking packing etc. At thanksgiving diner yesterday, some of the guests had seen Moana and were raving about it. So now my guys want to see Moana today before we leave. I'm not sure it is worth the time investment that it would take right now. We live an hour from a movie theater, so one hour there, 90 minutes for the movie, one hour back, basically it would take all afternoon.

My guys are afraid if we don't see Moana before we leave somehow it will feel like they are missing something while at the parks. That there will be Moana presence at the parks that they won't really get if they don't see the movie first.

To be honest, I do think I've got everything packed, printed and ready to go, but like to have the time to review my plans and packing.
So here's the question, take the time out of my double checking all the trip details today so see Moana or not?

Like the souvenir idea too! Maybe a Christmas ornament or something for the kitchen? I brought my parents back a colander in 2003 that they're still using!

The new D Living store opened in disney springs, that might have some cute stuff?

Need advice from my peeps...

We are in the last leg of our trip organization, almost ready to leave this weekend. I think I'm all ready, but normally I like to spend the time before a big trip calmly reviewing all my plans, double checking packing etc. At thanksgiving diner yesterday, some of the guests had seen Moana and were raving about it. So now my guys want to see Moana today before we leave. I'm not sure it is worth the time investment that it would take right now. We live an hour from a movie theater, so one hour there, 90 minutes for the movie, one hour back, basically it would take all afternoon.

My guys are afraid if we don't see Moana before we leave somehow it will feel like they are missing something while at the parks. That there will be Moana presence at the parks that they won't really get if they don't see the movie first.

To be honest, I do think I've got everything packed, printed and ready to go, but like to have the time to review my plans and packing.
So here's the question, take the time out of my double checking all the trip details today so see Moana or not?

Is there a family or friend that could take them? Would they be ok if you tell them you will do it when u get back?

The new D Living store opened in disney springs, that might have some cute stuff?

Is there a family or friend that could take them? Would they be ok if you tell them you will do it when u get back?
I think they'll be okay seeing it after we come back but they are convinced if they don't see it it will somehow impact their trip. Like there will be all this Moana stuff and characters in the park, like Frozen.

My dad really shocked me today at Thanksgiving. He pressed $60 into my hand and told me it was for something extra at Disney! So... $60 isn't a lot of money for a family of 6 at Disney, but I'd love to find something fun and special to do with it rather than just have it go a little here and a little there, kwim?

Any ideas? I thought about ice cream at Ample Hills. I wonder if it could pay for bowling at Splitsville? Or maybe a movie? I don't know though, those things seem kind of bland for a Disney trip - we can do both back at home! I guess it could pay for half a breakfast at Captain's Grille or something along those lines.

I'm open to ideas!
Maybe go to Christmas shop and pick out ornaments of your favorite characters and have the year printed on the ornaments. Then each year at Christmas you will have a memory of your trip.

I think they'll be okay seeing it after we come back but they are convinced if they don't see it it will somehow impact their trip. Like there will be all this Moana stuff and characters in the park, like Frozen.

Currently I think there's only a Moana M&G inside One Man's Dream plus there would be merchandise. That's it. Do you have time in your schedule to go see it at Disney Springs?

packed and ready to leave tonight! Just have to make it through this day at work first!

And BONUS for us- we were going to try to do SDFP but no one we know had any extra magic bands and we didn't want to pay for new ones...checked my scrap book and found 3 room keys from 2013! There are 4 of us now, so only one adult can go on the ride with the 2 kids, but it's better than nothing!

My dad really shocked me today at Thanksgiving. He pressed $60 into my hand and told me it was for something extra at Disney! So... $60 isn't a lot of money for a family of 6 at Disney, but I'd love to find something fun and special to do with it rather than just have it go a little here and a little there, kwim?

Any ideas? I thought about ice cream at Ample Hills. I wonder if it could pay for bowling at Splitsville? Or maybe a movie? I don't know though, those things seem kind of bland for a Disney trip - we can do both back at home! I guess it could pay for half a breakfast at Captain's Grille or something along those lines.

I'm open to ideas!

Go to the Beach Club an easy walk from International gateway in Epcot and go to Beaches and Cream and the whole family can share a kitchen Sink

We went to Moana today - we really liked it a lot! Great music and now I want to go to a lovely island (Aulani, maybe?!?). DD is excited to try to meet Moana now!

Our last 2 days have been Seaworld and Discovery Cove. If you haven't been to DC, I highly recommend. We've been there 3 times and it is my kids absolute favorite thing to do on vacation. Just paradise. So relaxing. Getting us ready for our MK day tomorrow! Hope everyone has arrived or is arriving and all is going well!:earsboy:

I'm open to ideas!
Do the kitchen sink sundae at beaches (they announce it, make the lights flash . ...very exciting !) I think it is 25, but we'll worth it--we asked for extra bowls and shared it with a dozen happy onlookers . enjoy!

I'm nervous ! My heart stuff doesn't do heat very well.....I didn't think I'd have to worry in November . ..
It's all over the place this time of year. 50's to 80s! Today was better. About 75. It did get pretty warm mid afternoon. But it looks like close to mid 80s several days middle of the week.

Today was a great MK day! EMM was awesome! We rode Minetrain 10 times in an hour, then hit up Peter Pan and Pooh before 9 too. Was totally worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!! Highly recommend if u are on the fence! I wouldn't want to do MK without it now!!! It spoiled us!!pixiedust:

So, how's everyone doing? We're at CBR Jamaica section. It's our first time at this resort, and it's ok. We as a family just prefer the theming of the values. So far, we've had lunch at Mama Melrose's, dinner at 1900 PF, and today will be lunch at Teppan Edo. My dd is studying Japanese as her foreign language credit and is stoked to go to the Japan pavilion today.

So, if you happen to see a family of 4 with the teenage dd riding around in a wheelchair, please say Hi. :) She has strawberry blonde hair, my Dh is tall, and I'm about 5'6" with brown hair, black hat, and very pooh sized. :p Ds is just a fuzz shorter than me. We all wear glasses.

The weather is great, isn't it? Saturday we went to Disney Springs. Super crowded, but we expected it. It was our first time with the parking garages and what not. Rainforest cafe was fun, and the tree path was neat.
Yesterday we did MK, and ate dinner at Liberty tree. Dinner was great. 7 dwarves was fun. The park was more crowded than we are use to. I haven't had a chance to really look at the Christmas decorations yet. We didn't wait longer than 20 minutes for a ride though. We also walked up last minute to a front row view for the afternoon parade.
Animal Kingdom was this morning. It was fun and Tusker House was good.My toddler didn't like Goofy, but loved Donald.:confused3 DH and the two older kids rode Everest three times. The 2nd time they got stuck near the top and had to be evacuated. My 10 year old thought that was awesome. Ha!
I LOVE our villa at Old Key West. So big and relaxing, I wish I had scheduled more downtime! Trying to rest now. In a few we will be leaving for DHS for a few rides and Minnie's Holiday Dine.
I hope everyone's trip is turning out to be even better than expected!

The weather is great, isn't it? Saturday we went to Disney Springs. Super crowded, but we expected it. It was our first time with the parking garages and what not. Rainforest cafe was fun, and the tree path was neat.
Yesterday we did MK, and ate dinner at Liberty tree. Dinner was great. 7 dwarves was fun. The park was more crowded than we are use to. I haven't had a chance to really look at the Christmas decorations yet. We didn't wait longer than 20 minutes for a ride though. We also walked up last minute to a front row view for the afternoon parade.
Animal Kingdom was this morning. It was fun and Tusker House was good.My toddler didn't like Goofy, but loved Donald.:confused3 DH and the two older kids rode Everest three times. The 2nd time they got stuck near the top and had to be evacuated. My 10 year old thought that was awesome. Ha!
I LOVE our villa at Old Key West. So big and relaxing, I wish I had scheduled more downtime! Trying to rest now. In a few we will be leaving for DHS for a few rides and Minnie's Holiday Dine.
I hope everyone's trip is turning out to be even better than expected!
Would love to hear your thoughts on Minnie's Dinner tonight---Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter