• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week after Thanksgiving - nothing available?

ProudSoccerMom

Mouseketeer
Hi,

So, last year we stayed at POFQ for eight days beginning the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was our first time going in November as we usually travel to WDW in September. But, with school schedules and wanting to see the Christmas decorations, we decided to go in November. We travelled to Disneyland at Christmas a few years ago and loved it, so we wanted to check out the WDW Christmas decorations. No surprise...we absolutely loved it.

Flash forward to this year. Last week we decided to go again this year during the same time. It's late for us to book as we usually do so further out, but I wanted to make sure we wouldn't have any scheduling conflicts.

I've been checking POFQ online and there is nothing available on the WDW website. I've also been checking other sites such as Expedia, Cheaptickets etc. and still nothing. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions/tips on how to snag a reservation when nothing is coming up? In all our years of traveling to WDW, I've never had a problem booking the resort we wanted. We'd consider another moderate if need be, except for maybe Caribbean Beach due to the construction issues I've been reading about.

Thanks for your help!

I am pretty sure that is one of the weeks that have free dining so that may be the issue. We were booked for free dining in September, but had to cancel so I would keep checking; you may snag something for the week you want. Good luck!

Hi,

So, last year we stayed at POFQ for eight days beginning the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was our first time going in November as we usually travel to WDW in September. But, with school schedules and wanting to see the Christmas decorations, we decided to go in November. We travelled to Disneyland at Christmas a few years ago and loved it, so we wanted to check out the WDW Christmas decorations. No surprise...we absolutely loved it.

Flash forward to this year. Last week we decided to go again this year during the same time. It's late for us to book as we usually do so further out, but I wanted to make sure we wouldn't have any scheduling conflicts.

I've been checking POFQ online and there is nothing available on the WDW website. I've also been checking other sites such as Expedia, Cheaptickets etc. and still nothing. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions/tips on how to snag a reservation when nothing is coming up? In all our years of traveling to WDW, I've never had a problem booking the resort we wanted. We'd consider another moderate if need be, except for maybe Caribbean Beach due to the construction issues I've been reading about.

Thanks for your help!

Not sure of your exact dates, but I plugged in 6 nts, 11/26-12/2 (Sun-Sat) and found availability for POR Royal Guest room at rack rate (both standard & garden view).

Not sure of your exact dates, but I plugged in 6 nts, 11/26-12/2 (Sun-Sat) and found availability for POR Royal Guest room at rack rate (both standard & garden view).

YES! plus AKL is available with a standard view room for $332 per night (avg). That's less than $70 a night more for a deluxe, if you are interested.

The Disney reservation system is seriously messed up right now. I had been fighting with it for a week and then my friend discovered the trick, search for packages and you will get more options, put them in your cart, then when they ask how many passes you want to buy you can say Zero and get just the room only. It worked for me! I didn't understand why things wouldn't show up if I searched for a 'room' but would show up if I searched for a package. Good luck!

FYI - We'll be at Port Orleans Riverside Nov 30 - Dec 4th. We're going with my daughter's dance group and there are a LOT of dancers from all over coming at that time and staying at Port Orleans Riverside, I don't think they'll be at FQ though. The pricing for the dancers is Nov 27 - Dec 5th at POR.

POFQ is not included with the current Holiday Magic promotion. So if you remove that offer from your search you will be able to book POFQ. And as was said above start with a Saturday arrival that will improve your odds.

It's a busy week, the days following thanksgiving, since they decided to include it with the free dining promotion. Been going that week for five years and the last two since it's been included have been significantly busier.

We are going the end of Nov for a quick weekend getaway. I had no luck finding a room and was about to book offsite when a Disney travel agency found us a great rate at Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter