wedding proposal question

All I can say is the more I read about other people's proposals the lazier my husband's proposal sounds (and it was lazy) so many years later. But thank god his parents weren't there. That's all I got.
OK, you wanna talk lazy?

I didn't propose so much as we decided together to get married. The evening of September 17, 1995, in my dorm room. We talked about how we missed each other over summer break and how we didn't visualize ourselves without each other. Went outside in the rain, talked more, decided we should get married. I think I might have gone done on my knee at some point, but there was no ring for another 2 months. It was a spur of the moment thing.

23 years later, we're still together. :confused3

The OP does not mention having taken this fireworks cruise at WDW.
She mentioned seeing fireworks over the beach, in Maine, at the 4th of July.
She also mentions 'healing' and grieving her mothers death.
I don't think I am seeing any real correlation here????
Not with the memories from Maine... And not with a proposal.

The OP does mention how she has negative opinions of love, marriage, etc...
I think that is a huge factor.

While I have my own negative experience with a man who was 'too close' to his parents.
I am purposefully putting that aside, as, whether anyone believes it or not, I can usually be very objective.
I am holding off on any judgment of the son, based on these two things...
1. His objective is to move out into his own place with his fiance.
2. He did have second thoughts, has changed his mind, and does not want 'MOMMY" there for his otherwise private proposal.

The OP has not specifically mentioned that her son is hoping/expecting that mommy will pay for his private fireworks cruise. I will say that, IF this is the case... I am squarely in the RUNNNNNNN!!!!! camp.

The bottom line is this....
HE SHOULD PLAN HIS OWN PROPOSAL, AND DO IT WITHOUT THE OP THERE.

This many pages later, I am wondering, then, what is the problem?????
Tons of different options for a proposal.
Fireworks are a different and separate, and less important issue.

I am seeing that the real issue here is that, instead of working this out... saying "okay, good, son!!! I hope it all works out wonderfully!"
That there is really any issue at all??????

Yep we got a lot of info that we just didnt need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter