Weather: More Rain on the way for DLR this week

I can't say I'm thrilled about the forecast but I'll take 60 and rainy over 40 and rainy here in Seattle. We have our rain coats, ponchos and extra socks packed!

The news last night said we're supposed to get 3 to 4 inches over the next week. Sometimes we barely get that all year, so I would definitely be prepared for some DL flooding. Or it could be another case of them trying to get attention...

I love it! I wish I could convince my DH to go this weekend. He's definitely a desert dweller, hates rain, won't go out in it. Maybe I can find someone else to go with.... :)

I can't say I'm thrilled about the forecast but I'll take 60 and rainy over 40 and rainy here in Seattle. We have our rain coats, ponchos and extra socks packed!
I'm in Seaside, OR and I feel the same way. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they're predicting but at least that will lesson the crowds if it does rain.

Was planning on going on Friday, seems like im gonna get rained out. Im praying that the storm will show up early moving the Sat sun/cloudy up to friday... seems like the case for the past few rain forecast.

fingers crossed!

Weather doesn't make any difference to me ONCE I'm there.
My fear is the winter weather at PDX might be an issue when I plan to go in a couple of weeks.
I felt bad for those traveling a few weeks ago when several flight were canceled.

the concept to remember about unnatural rain is that you may not be able to travel back home. I remmber 10 years ago sitting in the fairfield watching all the freeways close because of the flooding. and we arrive unprepared...my sister didn't believe in watching the news.

I would love to be in Seaside Oregon, watching the pineapple express barrel in along the coast, but once again, hard to leave Seaside after a storm

My fear is the winter weather at PDX might be an issue when I plan to go in a couple of weeks.
I felt bad for those traveling a few weeks ago when several flight were canceled.

yep, the Gorge can be a monster at times,....like right now for example

Wasn't last year supposed to be a lot of rain but nothing much came of it? I am in Arizona and it seems like we actually have a lot more rain this year.

Yeah, last year was an El Nino, which typically brings a pretty wet weather pattern. Obviously not last year though. In October and Nov they were warning that a La Nina pattern had established and that typically means a dry winter. I think they just guess all the time, what's going to happen if they're wrong?

Wasn't last year supposed to be a lot of rain but nothing much came of it? I am in Arizona and it seems like we actually have a lot more rain this year.

I've lived in Las Vegas for over 9 years now and this is the wettest winter I can remember here. Lots more cloudy/rainy days than usual!

We are arriving Thursday and leaving Monday. Forecast shows rain to heavy ran the entire time. We have the Blue Bayou MSEP dinner package Friday night, just hoping the rain stops long enough for the parade. Since California has been in such a horrible drought its hard to complain about the rain. Hoping my new raincoat arrives tomorrow!

I'll be there from Sunday-Tuesday, with WOC dessert party on Monday evening. Do they cancel WOC if it rains? I think the last time I went to Disneyland in the rain was a 7th grade field trip...30+ years ago. Do they shut down rides if it rains or does it depend on the amount of rain?

I'll be there from Sunday-Tuesday, with WOC dessert party on Monday evening. Do they cancel WOC if it rains?
They have not been cancelling for rain. They will cancel for wind and there is a big wind warning this weekend, but I think it ends Monday morning.

My parents cancelled their trip to come see us in anticipation of that bad weather. And wouldn't you know it, the flight they would have taken to get back to PDX was cancelled. They would have been stuck here.

The rain does affect the parade for safety reasons (tires don't have threads). Should be interesting if Disney can't have its special premiere tomorrow night, dealing with refunds, etc....

The wind is the issue for the Fireworks and World of Color. (Fireworks get cancelled more often, as they have a lower limit, which includes speeds and wind direction).

The rain does affect the parade for safety reasons (tires don't have threads). Should be interesting if Disney can't have its special premiere tomorrow night, dealing with refunds, etc....

Per the Disney Parks Blog, the private party event will still happen tomorrow night regardless of weather. If they cannot run the parade, party goers will receive a 1-day/1-park ticket when leaving but refunds will not be offered.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-premiere-event-at-disneyland-park-on-jan-19/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter