We need help in chosing a Resort

seanm

Earning My Ears
Ok, we're planning a vacation to Disney and have no idea which resort to chose. My wife and I have been to Disney before, however never as a family. At the time of travel, sometime next Feb/March (2004), our daughter will be about 2 years old. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which resorts would be best for a 2 year old? Any recommendations as what are the best things to do with a two year old at Disney? Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sean

HI SEAN! WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

My suggestion to you with a 2 year old is to do one of the ALL-STAR RESORTS. With a 2 year old daughter I would do the All Star Movie Resort. That seems to be the kids favorite and the Toy Story Section seems to be the popular one in that resort. DH and I always stay at the All Star Music Resort, but I think that one is geared more for adults without children. There are those who stay in that resort with children, but most parents lean toward the Movie resort. There is also the All Star Sport resort, but I don't know how much your little one likes sports. Pop Century will be open by the time you travel and they have all kinds of spiffy Icons at their resort. Here is a LINK telling you about the Pop Century Resort. Within that link there are some photos so you can veiw the resort.

I hope that I've helped. Best to you in planning!!

~~~Denise :wave: :wave: :sunny: :sunny:

I would say almost all of the Resorts are great for your family. It all depends on your tastes and budget. As Tiggerlover91 states, the All-Stars are a great value, and the All-Star Movies is great with kids. Other options in resorts that are popular with children (but also are attractive to adults):

-Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR)
-Polynesian Resort (Poly)
-Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL)

These three, along with the All-Star Movies, will give you some choices among the three Resort categories: Value (All-Star), Moderate(CBR) and Deluxe (Poly, AKL).

Our last two trips have been with our DD. She was 9 m.o. for the first one and 3.5 y.o for the seond one. We stayed at Coronado Springs (CSR) and CBR, respectively, and it was great.

You can view pictures and decsriptions on the above resorts at the Disney site (of course!), but also at these sites:

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/
http://www.wdwfun.com/

They really help you in getting a 'feel' of the resorts.

One thing is guaranteed: you'll have a great time no matter where you choose!

You might want to take a peak at the forum for Families. I am going to be traveling with a 5 year old and a 1-1/2 year old in August and I have found that board to be invaluable with advice from people (like the previous posters). As far as which resort I would chose, if you know you'll be spending a great deal of time at the Magic Kingdom then I would pick a resort on the monorail like the Poly which is a wonderful place to stay or the Contemporary with the monorail going right through the hotel and Chef Mickey's for those all important character meals.

If I wasn't using DVC points, and had to pay cash, we'd definitely be at the Poly again. You can't beat watching the fireworks from the beach and instead of fighting the crowds to leave the MK, you just stroll back to your room. The pool area is awesome and the restaurant choices are great including a "fast food" type food court place called Captain Hooks.

Which ever resort you pick, have a wonderful time with your little one!

Another vote for a monorail resort. Your little one will be tired after being with Mickey all day at MK, and the monorail is quick.

Also - and this is a big one! - it is easier to get a stroller on to the monorail that onto one of the resort buses!

If money is an issue, though, the All Stars will be big enough for your family and your baby will enjoy the neat pools here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter