We need a "What's Your Date and Rate" thread for 2007

Uggggggg
I was looking forward to the upgrade !
I will still ask. Is it only available if you book from the hotel itself?
Does not seem fair:mad: The hotel gets their $$ anyway.
We booked that way from SW because the airfair was much cheaper.

scoobysmom...do you have a AAA membership you could change it to?? that qualifies. The res is already made, so you get your cheaper airfare, but you can call and change the rate to AAA (if available) and the AAA rate will qualify for your Loew's perks

I don't think I can change it . It was a package that included air hotel and tix.!! Man bummer !:headache:
Airfire was 1,300 from Providence If I book it this way air came to about 600.
Oh well won't be in the room much
Traveling with 2 teenagers , so we will keep busy
Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
I love this board-- always used it for Disney trips Have not been to Florida in 4 years ! (gasp) was doing all in clusive vactions

i thought maybe you could change it to AAA rate....the res is MADE, you're just switching the rate....(it was BOOKED THRU SW) ...i dunno....it has me stumped! :confused3

Uggggggg
I was looking forward to the upgrade !
I will still ask. Is it only available if you book from the hotel itself?
Does not seem fair:mad: The hotel gets their $$ anyway.
We booked that way from SW because the airfair was much cheaper.

hey homie scooby do.....
i reread your post and see you have a PACKAGE with a private company, sw airlines.
those lock you in to what they have to offer. when you book with an agency like that, the deal you get is all tied into one. jodie is correct.
private packages do not qualify for what i posted the other day. sorry to have misled you. i came back to this thread and it dawned on me you bought a package, everything tied up into one deal.

hopefully, your package covers food besides the basics for your vacay.

if you book a package with AAA, you do get the perks as they have an agreement with universal resorts. but the AAA package does not offer the best deals. many newbies use them and you can get it all cheaper booking things separately.

AAA packages have everything you need tied into one payment.
it covers air, car, hotel, tickets.

but you are paying more for the tickets that way as they don't pass on the promo deals they have for tickets to you when you book the trip package. you pay at a higher rate.

some people, especially those that have never been to UO, prefer having the AAA agent do all the work. some people think it is easier for an agent handle the basics as they know more then them.

ETA: yes it is fair for the hotels to handle it the way they have. you have already posted that you saved money on the flight cost. the agency you used got you some great deals overall. you are saving $700 on the air alone.

scoobymom, you save $700 doing it your way! That is SO SO SO much better than a room upgrade that the only thing different is the view! Personally I prefer the standard parkview rooms to the poolview rooms at RPR anyway! Enjoy the savings and have a really nice dinner one night.:thumbsup2

I was glad to save the $$ that is why we went that way with SouthWest
The girls wanted to have a view of the rides at night
That is ok I would rather have the $$ then the view.
The countdown had begun........:hourglass

I was glad to save the $$ that is why we went that way with SouthWest
The girls wanted to have a view of the rides at night
That is ok I would rather have the $$ then the view.
The countdown had begun........:hourglass

A room with a view (a book?) of the rides IS the room category you have booked! :thumbsup2 Have a look through the RPR thread that states room #'s and all and request the room # you want. They will put it on your reservation and you can also request it again at check-in.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=616763

Just booked RPR Club Level for Oct 19th and 20th at $271.20 + tax with AAA Discount. APH discount was about $30 higher. We can't wait!

One other note PBH was completely sold out for Friday, Oct 19th.

Woohoo...just made my reservation! Just a note, I tried to make the reservations last night, however I was told that Loews Platinum members are not allowed an upgrade at the time the reservation is made but that I could get an upgrade at check-in if one was available. I quoted her the policy from Loews website. She then told me that even if that were the policy, I wouldn't be allowed an upgrade because October is a blackout month and no upgrades are available during the entire month. Arrrrgggghhhh! I asked her what her name is because I didn't catch it when she first took my call and she hung up on me!!! I was going to call back, but I was a tad angry and decided to deal with it today.

Soooooo, I called back today and everything went smoothly. I did check for blackout dates and there are some for October, but not the entire month. The blackout dates are October 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 & 27. I'm checking in on the 13th but the lady who took my reservation didn't mention anything about it being a blackout date. Moral of my way too long story is if you call Loews and get an answer you don't think is correct, try again. It seems like I read about this same sort of situation here on these boards a lot. Here's the details of my reservation:

10/13 - 10/17, HRH, King Suite, $262.10 (3 adults), AAA, Yes/Platinum, AllieKat

Sorry Jodie,

My rate changed...here's the updated info:

10/13-10/17, HRH, King Suite, $235 (3 adults), SS, Yes/Plat, AllieKat

Thank you for keeping up this thread. It's really helpful info to have. :)

jodie, my rate changed do you want to make the change on the main list?
all info is the same except the rate is the super saver of $209 a night.

did you get ahold of anyone at reservations to change yours?
i noticed alliecat posted that there are black out nights and some of your nights are listed in her post.

i think we both should talk to carl on sunday when we are both there.

No worries. I have the rate changes listed. Although I tend to leave the old rates as they were valid at some point.

I have not had any luck changing my rate. Think my problem is that we are staying 8 nights? :confused3

I wonder what the fate of the Super Saver Rate is .... had no problem in May getting our suite upgrade with SS rate. Now, they won't upgrade me for October and November. If you plug in my dates for 11/28 - 12/3, you'll see the King Suite show up for seasonal, but not for SS rates at HRH. And, the King Suite is available with AAA. Strange.

I think I just got a great rate.

12/12 - 12/17, RPH, Standard Garden View, 157.00, Super Saver, Yes/ New ???, No clue about upgrade, catrinabeach

Also

09/22 - 09/24m HRH, Standard room, 159.99, APH, Yes, No clue about upgrade, catrinabeach:happytv:

Catrina, what level Loews are you? Blue, Gold, or Platinum?

If you're Gold or Platinum, then you may (or may not) have received an upgrade at the time of reservation on the Super Saver rate.

If your confirmation still shows Standard View, then you have not received an upgrade.

An upgrade would not apply to an APH rate.

An upgrade would not apply at time of reservation if you are Loews Blue.

And, BTW, those rates are very good! Enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

Catrina, what level Loews are you? Blue, Gold, or Platinum?

If you're Gold or Platinum, then you may (or may not) have received an upgrade at the time of reservation on the Super Saver rate.

If your confirmation still shows Standard View, then you have not received an upgrade.

An upgrade would not apply to an APH rate.

An upgrade would not apply at time of reservation if you are Loews Blue.

And, BTW, those rates are very good! Enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

I am assuming I am blue since I just got the membership and haven't used it before. And I just realized I never did get a hard card from them. Am I supposed to ? I just have the number from when I signed up.

It still shows Standard View.

I can't wait for our trip now !

I am assuming I am blue since I just got the membership and haven't used it before. And I just realized I never did get a hard card from them. Am I supposed to ? I just have the number from when I signed up.

It still shows Standard View.

I can't wait for our trip now !

Yes, you are "Blue" so no upgrades would apply at the time of reservation.

You can check out my upgrade primer here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477443

to see what you're eligible for at check-in.

It takes them a while to send out your card. As long as you have the # and you gave them your # at the time of your reservation, then you're all set. It's not like you need to show the card at check-in to get credit for your stays. If you didn't give them your LF number already, just call and have them add it to your ressie.

3.gif

helping the cause.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter