We LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holiday Inn Family Suites

DJmom

Earning My Ears
We're just back from our President's week vac and I'm a hero for having booked this hotel. They got so spoiled by this hotel that when our flight was cancelled, and we had to stay a the Radison for 2 nights, all they did was complain because it was no where near as good as the HIFS.

If you've kids this is the place!!!! My 14yr old and 4yr old loved the arcade, swimming pools, pizza hut - oh I could just go on and on.

We had a rental but the shuttle was great and on time so we could split up - my husband and 14yr old took the car one day and my 4yr old and I used the shuttles to go where we wanted.

The breakfast was great and saved us tons of money. When we bought breakfast at the Radison, it was over $40 for the four of us-yikes!

The washers and dryers worked great.

We had a residential suite so my husband and I had a seperate room altogether and the kids said the couch was more comfortable than the bed at the Radison.

We were so close to EVERYTHING that my husband said it just didn't seem right-he kept thinking he should be driving further!

Don't want to stay anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's wonderful!! Thanks for sharing your enthusiastic experience there! I would like to try this resort, but I think my husband is stuck with the ASMovies. We are paying $69 per night there. I am always happy to read positive reviews on this resort. I did a lot of research on this one and it is a great place for families that has kids of all ages. Now, if I could only convice my husband to try this resort, it would be wonderful! I just feel that we should stay there this time!!

How was their breakfast? Did your 4 yr old had to use the swimpants? I heard it's the rule. I already bought mine for my 2 yr old DD so just in case we do end up here, she is ready for it.

Just curious, which Radisson did you stay at? Is it the Radisson Parkway Resort on Parkway? This was my choice also. Thanks! Sorry, too many ???

noears.gif
broom.gif

<font color=green><marquee direction="right" align= "middle" behavior= "alternate">Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!***</marquee></font>

<font color=red> ASMovies 9/00</font>
<font color=blue>ASMovies 9/01</font>
DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

My 4yr old did where the swim shorts with the swim diaper underneath. I cut the elastic opennings around the legs so they wouldn't be to tight and he never said a thing about them. I don't think he noticed.

The hotel people never came up to him to check.

It was the airport Radisson.

My husband said having our own seperate room made the trip that much better. Staying and one little room with our kids wrestling every chance they got would have drove him -correct that- drove US crazy!

So glad to read your post. Dh and I spent a month changing our minds back and forth whether to stay onsite or at HIFS. We have always stayed onsite at Disney and have loved it but with a 2 year old and 9 year old, we really wanted the extra space and kitchenette and couldn't afford those type of accomadations offered onsite. Last week we booked 9 nights in May at HIFS and I am really happy to read your report! Thanks!

Sorry, I should have said the Radisson close to the airport. I don't know the address but the Delta sent us there and it's like 5 min from the airport.

The breakfast had cold and hot cereals, several kinds of fruits, eggs, bacon or sausage, pancakes or french toast, bagels, toast, jello, yogurt(I'm a terrible speller, so yogurt?), donuts/danish and I'm probably forgetting stuff. It was plenty for us.

I would have been very upset if this was where I had to spend my entire vac. The rug was so dirty I dared not go barefoot. The room smelled terrible. There were ants in the bathroom! Therewas a musty smell even in the hallways. The pool was so small.

Thanks DJmom for your quick response! And thanks also for sharing your wonderful review! I am so excited about this resort, but I'm not even staying there! I guess it's because whenever I read great reviews on HIFS, I feel like I just want to stay there! Maybe my husband will change his mind later in time, we don't go until September anyway, so this will give hime some time to think about it. I know if we stay there, we are going to like it a lot especially the kids cause there's a lot of things there for them to do!

noears.gif
broom.gif

<font color=green><marquee direction="right" align= "middle" behavior= "alternate">Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!***</marquee></font>

DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

I'm glad you liked it so much. I've almost decided to stay there.

Do you know if they have kid's programs/childcare similar to the ones at Disney. I would really like to have at least one night without the kids.

Thanks, Nancy

They can direct you to a baby-sitting service. We had a great night at Pleasure Island but we're lucky - we have a 14yr old and he's very responsible so he baby set his 4yr old brother, and the hotel was still standing when we got back.

They have family bingo and K?????? (again, I'm such a terrible speller, but you know, when you sing to the music and it starts with a k)(I should have paid attention in school my kids tell me).

Hi Everyone,

Having a very tough decision here as to book the HIFS, or the all star movies for a week. I just can't decide. I need help from anyone!! I love the concept of the HIFS, but l also like what l have heard about the all stars. It will be our first trip down there, and we have two children 3 & 7. I am driving my husband crazy, but l want to make the right decisions to make this a wonderful holiday for our family. We are going in May, and l have to make up my mind soon. We are going to fly instead of driving now, and we are going to stay a week. We are not too sure about renting a car or just relying on the shuttle service. Has anyone stayed at both places to compare? Please any help would be appreciated!! Thanks, Karen

So glad that you loved HIFS!! We are staying there during the Easter Break. Can you tell me how long it took you to travel the Disney Parks?? I'm very worried that we will be stuck in a lot of traffic, since we will be there at such a busy time.

I stayed at the ASMu in 1999 and really enjoyed it with my 10 year old. I think you are very lucky to get it for $69/night!! How did you do that? The best I could get (mind you I'm going in July) was $99. So I have decided to stay off-site this time (CSME $78) You know how it is with our Canadian Dollar - always having to add another 50% to everything - every penny counts!

[This message was edited by 1canadian on 02-26-01 at 10:51 PM.]

[This message was edited by 1canadian on 02-26-01 at 10:52 PM.]

Thanks so much for the report. We are staying at the HIFS Easter week. Have looked reading all the great things about the HIFS.

Thanks

I love to hear great things about HIFS. We're staying there in Oct. (kids suite) and cant wait!! This is our first trip to WDW (5 of us) and as much as I'd like to stay onsite (for the magic :rolleyes: ) the rooms are very expensive and I've heard very small. I'm very happy with our choice. :D

Glad you had a great trip DJMom!!

lking6.gif
HIFS 10/01

Can, I'm in somewhat the same dilemma as you are!! I love the ASMo, but I don't mind trying the HIFS. HIFS has so much more to offer!

The thing that is luring me to go to HIFS is that they have tons of play stuff for young kids at the 0-depth pool and the free full breakfast and the suite and the price is just right (it would be 3x more if it was on sight)....and night entertainments and the train and great transportation (very good review on this one too).

1canadian, we are going during value season and I was able to use my AAA discount.

noears.gif
broom.gif

DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

TYANDBASH: I stayed at HIFS in December 2000. You will not believe how easy it is to get to Disney World, it is less than 5 minutes away. You will travel less than 2 blocks to one of the gates, and from there you follow the signs to whatever park or area you want to visit. I unhesitantly recommend HIFS to all of you out there. We had a fantastic 2 bedroom classic suite on the "adult" side of the complex, and paid only about $55 a night due to the buy one night get one night free coupon. As far as a rental car vs. the HIFS shuttle, I decided on using the rental car because of all the activities, restaurants, and other amusement parks Orlando offers. I went with National using the Emerald Aisle and coupons, and I got a GMC Sport Utility Vehicle at a great rate for my stay. Whatever you decide about renting a vehicle or not, I am confident that you will enjoy the HIFS.

Do you think there will be any special offer during September? I like that buy one night get the second night free. I am so tempted right now to book this place!

noears.gif
broom.gif

DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

I also want to recommend HIFS over one or two bedrooms at ASMO. It was WONDERFUL having a separate bedroom for us and the kids. My husband and I will never again stay in a room while we have our kids with us. Being able to relax in the 'living room', having the kids go to bed in their bedroom, and then us going into our bedroom to sleep was great!!! I do not like 'hanging out' in the same place we sleep, which is what you do when you have a regular room. We were at PO two years ago and even though those rooms are bigger than ASMO, we still felt cramped (and we only had two kids at the time). The home away from homes at Disney ARE larger, but 1) why pay ALL that money 2) they do not have TWO bedrooms 3) the ones at the Institute are not 'kid' themed (it's more of an adult-type community) and 4) the wildnerness homes are like camping and I, personally, want to feel more luxurious when I'm on vacation!

Anyway...I highly recommend HIFS also - especially for families with more than one child.

I, too, was the 'great vacation planner' for bookign this room. My husband was SO impressed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter