We Have to Tame That Baby! An October 2015 TR UPDATE 12/23 Downtown Disney and the Packers!

What a cute little party. Looks like Maddie really enjoyed it - though the price is a bit steep. I thought about doing this with my DD but now she is 9 and probably too old by the time we get to go back :( I love the pics with the dolls and the whole experience sounded pretty adorable for a girl who loves princesses.

DAY 4: DOWNTOWN DISNEY & FOOTBALL

Life got in the way for a while, but I'm now fully committed to finishing this TR!

I left off as we were finishing the Perfectly Princess Tea Party. Rachelle was also just finishing up breakfast at Kona Cafe with her family, so she met us in the Grand Floridian lobby, and then we caught the bus to Downtown Disney. We were caught in the rain at the bus stop, and it was still coming down pretty heavily when we got off the bus at Downtown Disney. Our first stop was Little Miss Matched, where we browsed a bit and I got Maddie an umbrella.

I called Ryan to see if he wanted to meet us for lunch and then find a place to watch the Packer game. We are Green Bay natives, so watching the Packers is a must on Sundays in October. As it turned out, Ryan and the rest of our group had decided to partake in the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, and they decided to rest up at the resort and watch the game there. So, Rachelle, Maddie, Amelia and I would have some girl time until dinner!

We did as girls do, and took a cute picture...

Then we had lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express (see Dining Report for review).

Maddie also got her face painted...

Then, for reasons I can't comprehend or understand, we decided to walk all the way from the Marketplace to the West Side with two little ones who were getting cranky. Needless to say, we didn't stop much during the treck, and when we got tot he other side we were ready to hop on a bus and head toward our next destination. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that there aren't any buses picking up at the West Side anymore.

Rather than walk all the way back, which would certainly have resulted in at least one major meltdown, we headed to the water taxi and waited. And waited. And waited. About 20 minutes later we were on our way back to the Marketplace. We decided during the boat ride that Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian would be the best place to watch the Packer game. Good drinks, lots of space, and hopefully not too crowded with it still being too early for the 'Ohana patrons to start descending. So, we took the bus over the the Polynesian and headed upstairs to check out the lounge.

As expected, the bar area wasn't exceptionally crowded, but there were groups taking up the seating areas near both of the TVs. We assumed they also had dibs on the remote controls. As we contemplated staying or going, one of the people near one of the TVs overheard our plight and ensured us his group would be leaving in a few minutes. He was absolutely correct, and before long we had claimed a prime TV viewing location. We ordered drinks (sorry, I can't remember what I had. Maddie had a kiddie cocktail) and soon it was game time!

Here's Maddie cheering for the Pack!

As you can see, we were eventually able to put the game on BOTH TVs

Stay tuned to find out if the Packers one, and to hear about our terrifying monorail experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter