We have to replace our computer! Feedback on Gateway please.

Run Run Run away from any Gateway store. Honestly I don't know why they are still in business. We had our gateway for less than 2 years until we finally gave up on it. It had broke down 3 times within that period. The other problems with Gateway is that you have to buy gateway parts for their computers, no buying outside parts.
We now have a Dell, which by the way was about 1000 cheaper and it is alot better computer with better features. So far we love it . Plus Dell runs better specials than Gateway, check into them.

My SIL had years of painful experiences when she bought a Gateway. Awful support, poor product quality and a lot of time and money spent. Based onher experiences, I would not recommend Gateway to anyone!

Good luck, Gail! :)

There sure are a lot of Dell fans, thanks for the feedback everyone!

We are ready to purchase our third home computer. First was a Dell.... second was a Gateway... third will most definitely be a Dell.

The number of error messages I have gotten on my Gateway outnumbers the times I have used the computer. We have milked four sour years out of it with Windows 98 and are definitely ready for a change.

Dude, get a Dell!!!

Wow! It seems like a lot of us that have had BAD experiences with Gateway love our Dells. Currently, we're a three computer family, and we have two Dells. We absolutely love them. Mine is almost four years old, and I plan to buy another Dell this year. DS bought his last summer. Our Gateway experience was a nightmare from the beginning. Try staying on hold with Tech Support for 6 hours at a time!:mad: At least three days a week I would be on hold for 2-3 hours each. Never have known anyone who was happy with their Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter