• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

we have our receipts! guess how much we saved on the dining plan!

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
We were at Disney last month and kept every one of our receipts and just now added everything up. We spend $762.00 for 5 people (2 adults, 3 kids), for our 7 night stay and all of our receipts added up to $1397.00. Now we ate more and at nicer places than we normally would have, but all in all it was great!

Wow!!! I hope when we get back in December, we can say the same thing. Which I'm sure that we will!!!! Great savings!!! :cool1:

I was at WDW last week on the DDP and LOVED it! I was shocked everytime we got our bill ! I could'nt beleive how much we saved (i still have'nt added it all up). We ate like Kings and Queens...

Great idea! I'll save ours when we go in 4 days and let y'all know what we saved.

We had similar savings experience. However, we did order a lot more food just because it was on the plan. For instance, we normally would probably not order an appetizer, order 2 entrees (one for each of us), and split a dessert--while on the plan, we got 2 of each. However....even if we had ordered what would have been normal, we would have saved $ on the plan.

Three of our TS bills were $110-115, while we paid $76 for the DDP (which included Snacks and CS as well as the TS).

Last year I totalled up our receipts. Some of our meals came to over 4 hundred dollars for the 4 of us- but we ate like Kings,man does Disney know how to feed a person. We enjoyed the free dining plan last september and our food bills came to over 1200 dollars. We are going back this year in september to enjoy free dining once again.

good job! i'm glad that you saved money! we are getting free dining this year, but are very interested in knowing the savings, b/c we are booking DP next year for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter