We have DDP - friends don't ??

Dancemom03

Flexican wannabe
We originally booked the DDP but friends opted to use their AP with DDE card instead. Each family has two teens and two children under 8. We've been traveling together for more than 12 years now and are very close as are our kids. Typically we split up during a portion of the trip and they may take the teens to Epcot while we take the younger girls to MK for the day. This will be our first DDP trip so I'm not sure how to handle it.

When we switch kids we usually just pick up the tab and they do likewise. In the end it evens itself out as you have either 2 teens or 2 children for meals/rides. It occurred to me though that with the DDP it would not work out the same as we'd be paying the extra teen meal out of pocket each time.
We expect to do more with the older girls this trip as they have booked several experiences just for the 5 and 8 yr olds and plan to drive them since they'll have a vehicle those days.

With the older girls away at camp the past few weeks, neither has been officially added to the reservation but now that we know they'll definitely be flying in early to join us I need to modify that. My question is whether to add both teens in my room for the DDP and put my 5 yr old in theirs or to leave it as 1 jr and 1 child. If I have 4 adult credits in a room and have my 5 yr with me instead, am I likely to have an issue using an adult's TS for a child's meal?

Has anyone used a leftover adult TS for a child?

I know it sounds silly and some would say to just pay out of pocket for all kid's meals but if there are only 4 of us at a given meal it'd be nice to use the credits. Other friends just came back from star wars weekends and said they had several credits left over because they ate off property a few times. If I paid OOP for meals all week and ended up with unused credits because of it I'd be kicking myself all the way home...

I would add the adults and put the children in the other room. That way you will not feal wrong using an adult cs etc for the child. Since the older ones will be with you more, this makes more sense. The times that the younger ones are with you, you can give one of the cards to your older DD and have her use it for herself and other older child that is included on your plan and the other couple can reimburse you for the child meals. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter