WDW Vets/DLR Newbies Unite!

Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that you all had a great time. Those same rides you listed we also liked much better than the WDW versions.

I can't wait to see the Grand Canyon.

It sounds like you all had a great time and I can't wait to read your trip report.

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a great time. We also drove through those flurries! We went to visit my in-laws in WA and left Friday night. We started getting snow in Amarillo - of all places we had snow in TX - not CO, not WY, not MT, not ID, not WA! Unbelievable.

I am looking forward to your trip report. :goodvibes

I called last week to set-up our ADR's, but was told that they don't do the 180 days like WDW....i was taken aback :lmao:

FYI: WDW changed their ADR policy. Now, they only make ADRs 90 days out like PS at DLR. I learned that the hard way when trying to make ADRs for our June 2009 WDW trip.

Good luck getting whatever you want. If you plan to dine at Blue Bayou ... I made an 11:30 am Blue Bayou PS and had no problem getting riverside. Just make sure to inquire on riverside when you check-in. I noticed people coming in after us being seated away from the water, when there were plenty of tables near the water. So, it pays to ask. ;)

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

:surfweb: Jennifer

We also drove through those flurries! We went to visit my in-laws in WA and left Friday night. We started getting snow in Amarillo :goodvibes

:cold: There was still some snow on the ground when we came through Amarillo on Saturday morning. I saw a family building a snowman at a rest stop a little west of Amarillo. It was a sight.

We were tempted to stop at the infamous steak place in Amarillo (The Big Texan Steak Ranch). But, it was too early in the day for steak. On the way back, I caught a glimpse of the Cadillac Graveyard off the highway. One of these years, I need to remember to pack some spray paint and let the kids loose out there. :rotfl: We'll definitely be heading west sometime in the future.

:cloud9: We fell in love with Disneyland park. As much as people comment on how small Sleeping Beauty castle is compared to Cinderella Castle at MK. We felt it fit the park perfectly. Knowing we were in the park Walt built made it extra special. DH and I took a moment one night and stood in front of the Fire Station with the lamp on in the window.

It was truly magical. :wizard:

Hi folks! :goodvibes

Add me to the list of WDW vets headed to DL for the first time. Okay, well it isn't exactly my first visit to DL but when I lived in LA I visited DL as a day guest--not overnight. My DD and I will be visiting DL for Christmas and we are soo excited!

We've done WDW so much that it's time to try something different yet still somewhat familar. Wierd, I know.... :lmao:

:confused: What about you? Why are you going to DLR this year? :wizard:

We aren't abandoning WDW by any stretch. In fact, we are planning to go back to the World in September 2010. However, we happen to be going to Southern California in August, so we are working in a few days at Disneyland. I'm really excited since it will be my first time there. I'm sure I'll love it because it is Disney, but nothing can compare to WDW.

It's almost time for the Easter Bunny to make his appearance. Here's Disney's version ...

TN_Easter-Pooh-Costume-Flowers.jpg

(Oh wait! Pooh isn't "technically" licensed by Disney is he? Let me find an "Easter Mickey". There has to be one out there somewhere ...)

:goodvibes Jennifer

We aren't abandoning WDW by any stretch.

:thumbsup2 Same here. We're going to WDW this June and November/December. However, our recent trip to DLR was honestly a nice break and treat from WDW. Navigating the parks was fun. It was all new to us. I think even our second DLR trip be just as exciting. The trip left us wanting more Disney magic. :wizard:

We have been to WDW for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would love to do Disney over our summer break but I absolutely HATE heat and humidity. The overall Southern Cal weather looks much better to me. One problem I have, it may just be the kids and I and I am wondering about the transportation options available. Any details about this? Especially airport to resort and resort to parks. TIA!

:surfweb: Does anyone have a Pre-Trip Report they want to share? Make sure to let us know how your trip goes. Others may be able to benefit from your experience.

Thanks! :flower3:

We have been to WDW for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would love to do Disney over our summer break but I absolutely HATE heat and humidity. The overall Southern Cal weather looks much better to me. One problem I have, it may just be the kids and I and I am wondering about the transportation options available. Any details about this? Especially airport to resort and resort to parks. TIA!

We drove to DLR. So, transportation wasn't an issue for us. However, I did some research and found the following for you:

From the Anaheim Orange County website:

Airport Shuttles Link

Disneyland Resort Express w/coupon link

If you are staying on-property or at one of the Good Neighbor Hotels on Katella Ave, you don't need transportation once you get to your hotel. You should be able to walk to the parks. However, if you do find the walk too far (off-property), there is local transportation called ART (Anaheim Resort Transit). It makes the rounds to the local hotel and drops you off right in front of the main plaza between DLP and DCA. There is a fee for this bus service and multi-day passes can be purchased.

From the ART website:
All ART passes run consecutive dates.

1 Day Pass
Adult Pass $4.00 (10 years and older)
Children's $1.00 (3 years and older)

3 Day Pass
Adult Pass $10.00 (10 years and older)
Children's $2.00 (3 years and older)

5 Day Pass
Adult Pass $16.00 (10 years and older)
Children's $4.00 (3 years and older)

Passes can be shipped regular mail
(1.00 handling charge per order applies)
or delivered directly to one of our member hotels listed below.
(Please allow 3-5 Days to process your order.)

Free Delivery to listed hotels Regular Mail Home Delivery - $1.00 handling charge.
America's Best Value Astoria Inn & Suites America's Best Value / Fantasy Inn Anabella Hotel Anaheim Carriage Inn Anaheim Desert Palm Inn & Suites Anaheim Harbor RV Park Red Lion Anaheim Resort RV Park Anaheim Marriott Ayres Hotel Anaheim Best Value Inn Best Western Meridian Best Western Pavilions Best Western Raffles (DKN) Best Western Stardust Best Western Stovall's Inn Clarion Hotel Comfort Inn & Suites Comfort Inn Maingate Courtyard by Marriott Cortona Inn & Suites Days Inn Anaheim West Dolphin's Cove Resort DoubleTree Guest Suites Econo Lodge Maingate Embassy Suites Anaheim South Extended Stay America Greenwood Suites Hampton Inn & Suites Hilton Anaheim Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Suites Anaheim/Orange Holiday Inn @ Walnut Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Homewood Suites Garden Grove Hotel Ménage Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Islander Inn & Suites Jolly Roger's Hotel/Tarsadia Hotels La Quinta Inn and Suites Marriott Suites Motel 6 Peacock Suites Resort Portofino Hotel/Tarsadia Hotels Quality Inn Maingate Ramada Limited Maingate North Ramada Limited Suites/Convention Center Ramada Plaza Hotel Anaheim Resort Residence Inn Anaheim Residence Inn Garden Grove Sheraton Park Hotel Staybridge Towne Place Suites Travelodge International Inn WorldMark Anaheim

You can also buy on-board, one-way, one-time tickets for $3. The on-board purchase program does not include any type of pass, and accepts cash only.

Service Schedule
During peak periods or special events, 10-minute frequency services early morning and evening high-demand periods. Non-peak periods are serviced with 20-minute frequency and a mid-day service break is taken from approximately 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.

Daily Hours of Operation
Daily service begins 60 minutes before area theme parks open and concludes 30 minutes after closing.

I hope this helps!

:confused: What about you? Why are you going to DLR this year? :wizard:

Jennifer, like you, we are WDW vets. This is our first trip to DLR. We bought into AKV in October and had developer points that needed to be used, (needed, lol)... just give me another reason to go! :goodvibes We've never been to CA. We did make it to AZ one year (dd was a competitive gymnast and had a competition out there).

I honestly thought we'd never get any further. I was so excited when we decided to do this. We are four months away from our trip and cannot wait. I'm checking out your TR for any tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter