WDW Review - Nov 27-Dec 4

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Just back from our trip! What a week we had. Got so much done. I will list out our experiences in the usual categories as it might help some with their trip.

We were a group of 7: DD14, DN14, Parents (70 & 72), SIS, BIL, and me. We had 5-day base tickets and did two days at HS, one at MK, one at EP, and one at AK. Stayed at POP in 50s section, building 1 on 3rd floor. Skyliner was THE best. We did Early Entry every day and stayed until close.

Westjet Flights - Flights and airports (YHZ-YYZ-MCO) were uneventful. Coming home was a hot mess. We only had an 80 minute connection in YYZ and the Customs hall wasn't very organized and it was busy. We missed our connecting flight at YYZ, but got on one at 10pm. Signage and directions at YYZ was the pits. I didn't get asked for the notarized letter nor attestation form as I did that on the app at check-in.

Christmas party (Thursday night) - Even though it was sold out, it was definitely way less busy than our day at MK the day prior. At 9pm, we found a spot at the rail in the middle in front of the castle for the stage show at 9:30. Stayed there for the 10pm fireworks and it was an amazing spot. Tinkerbell flew over our heads. Came back to the same area across the street for the 11pm parade. Amazing. The trick for the parades is to hang around the cast members keeping the walkways open until the parade is coming near. Then when they close it off, go right to the front.

Candlelight Processional - we opted to try for the day-of $40 tickets at Regal Eagle Smokehouse. No problem with that. We got there about 11:40am and there was no line. The food was so good and we could hardly finish everything on our tray. We picked the 7pm show and it was fantastic. We got in the ticket line around 6:15pm and had seats on the aisle in the middle. Whoopi Goldberg was our narrator, although she really didn't do anything amazing. Not sure it would have mattered who it was as the focus was really the music and ambiance.

Souvenirs - we found that there were no little trinket-type souvenirs this time. In 2018, we got a bunch of foam character heads on chains for zip pulls, 5 for $2 or something. Nothing like that now. DD14 got some Fabletics leggings 50% off, a couple of t-shirts, sweatshirt, magnet, pins, and as a Xmas gift she got a Bambi Loungefly mini backpack ($75). It's so beautiful. https://www.shopdisney.com/bambi-loungefly-mini-backpack-420142691216.html
One of the t-shirts I bought was Aristocrats from AK: https://www.shopdisney.com/the-aris...ductSearch=1&plpPosition=2&searchType=regular

Gift Cards / Money - I brought $800 CDN ($600 US approx) in cards and $155 US cash for DD14 and I. We came home with $3 LOL. That included $86 for CLP tickets, $85 balance on the room. We brought a box of cereal for breakfast in the room. We would buy one of those 1.5 sandwiches/fruit cup/bananas from the food court for lunch each day instead of trying to fight crowds at the parks. We would just sit on a bench and eat and then be off again. We didn't go crazy buying snacks and Dole whips, so if you like to do that, bring more money LOL. I think if I had another $100 US we would have been able to splurge a bit more on the specialty snacks, etc.

Transportation - We tried Florida Towncar this trip. There were 7 of us with a carry on and backpack each. Return cost from MCO-Pop Century was $175+ 20% tip. You pay at drop-off at the resort and they give you a receipt for your return showing it was all paid.

Rides - We got boarding group #19 for Guardians of the Galaxy pretty much right at 7am. It was a different ride, but in a good way. We all loved it. My sister who is prone to motion sickness was fine on it. We got to ride Rise of the Resistance three times in one day. Such a great ride! We didn't bother with Genie+ and we rode pretty much everything with reasonable standby times. Three rides were down (Frozen, RnR, ToT), but that has no bearing on Genie+. We utilized Early Entry every day. At Toy Story Land, we did all four rides in 2 hours. Got out of that part of the park by 11am. The new Fantasmic! show was really good too. We ended up sitting quite close to the bottom and all the way over to the left on the aisle. Seats were great. Don't get deterred if you are on the far sides.

I think that is all of the major things. Feel free to ask any questions!

How were bag checks walking in to the parks? Going back next month and haven't been since 2019. Thinking about saving on food costs by bringing snacks, but I recall last time it was soo much easier to go in without a bag.

How were bag checks walking in to the parks? Going back next month and haven't been since 2019. Thinking about saving on food costs by bringing snacks, but I recall last time it was soo much easier to go in without a bag.

Just put all of your snacks in a couple of large ziplock bags. Then everything is together. My bag didn't have tons of pockets, only three. That helps as well. The security guard said the more pockets, the longer it takes them.

Welcome Home!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful holiday with us.
Hugs Mel
Thanks Mel. We were sad to leave the fantasy bubble and go back to reality.

During the week, I said to DD14, that we need to come back one more time so we can do the Halloween Party. Plus, I still have two, non-expiring, park hopper tickets from a trip in 1990.

Glad you had a good time! Our first trip was after US Thanksgiving into December. Great weather and low crowds.

Were you happy with Florida Town Car? We need to book our airport to hotel transportation too. Prices seem good.

How far in advance of EE did you get to the parks?

Glad you had a good time! Our first trip was after US Thanksgiving into December. Great weather and low crowds.

Were you happy with Florida Town Car? We need to book our airport to hotel transportation too. Prices seem good.

How far in advance of EE did you get to the parks?
I would use them again, especially with their prices.

We only got to the parks AT early entry or slightly after. Put it this way, there was never a line so likely arrived after.

I did end up booking FTC and got a call from Tony who will be picking us up on Christmas Eve. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.
You pay after they drop you off, including tip (we did 20%). Then he will give you a return voucher to give to whoever is taking you back to the airport.

Thanks for this wonderful trip report and glad you and your family had a great trip!
Traditionally before the pandemic we would aim to visit DW around these same dates that you just travelled.
Did you find the parks quite busy? We have been around 6 times to DW, going after the American Thanksigiving and find the parks less busy and nothing too crazy. But thinking that they are now busier than ever no matter the time with many wanting to return to DW! Would love your feedback about that crowd levels in the park.
Also in a general sense how was the weather when you were there? What were some of the daytime lows/highs and did you get much rain?

Thanks!

Hello, @BOTL76

Crowds were very manageable, in my opinion. Never waited more than 60 minutes for a ride at the height of the day, and we didn't buy Genie+. We did utilize early entry and had a strategy each morning for that park and we used the app to check wait times consistently. Also, whenever we arrived at the park, there was no line for bag check or entry. I think getting there AT early entry versus lining up 30 minus before worked fine for us.

This was first time going this time of year and we really enjoyed it overall. In the past we have visited in August, end of January and early-mid February (another great time of year to go).

Weather was fantastic! Not too warm where you were crawling to find air conditioning, and the evenings were fine with t-shirts and shorts. We did wear a very light long sleeve a couple of nights (i.e., xmas party night, watching Fantasmic! and Harmonius due to the wind off the water. I would say the highs were on average 26°c and lows 18°c, and we had zero rain and sun every single day all day!

Hello, @BOTL76

Crowds were very manageable, in my opinion. Never waited more than 60 minutes for a ride at the height of the day, and we didn't buy Genie+. We did utilize early entry and had a strategy each morning for that park and we used the app to check wait times consistently. Also, whenever we arrived at the park, there was no line for bag check or entry. I think getting there AT early entry versus lining up 30 minus before worked fine for us.

This was first time going this time of year and we really enjoyed it overall. In the past we have visited in August, end of January and early-mid February (another great time of year to go).

Weather was fantastic! Not too warm where you were crawling to find air conditioning, and the evenings were fine with t-shirts and shorts. We did wear a very light long sleeve a couple of nights (i.e., xmas party night, watching Fantasmic! and Harmonius due to the wind off the water. I would say the highs were on average 26°c and lows 18°c, and we had zero rain and sun every single day all day!
Good to hear that it all worked out for you for not having to wait too long for rides and attractions. Great that you had fantastic weather! Having gone that time of year about 6 times we always lucked out with the weather, similar to what you experienced. It's a great time to go. One time there was a day in early December it was "only" 74F, so we decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon and seems like we had it to ourselves with other fellow Canadians and those from the Northern States, it was empty!
Thanks again for sharing your report, has us already possibly planning for December 2023!

How was your experience with Florida Towncar?
Unfortunately our trip got cancelled. We were part of the cancellations during the Christmas storms.
But, excellent customer service from Tony when I had to call and change our arrival times, then all out cancel. I felt bad for ditching him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter