WDW Resorts through Priceline

kjustice

Loving the world through my kids eyes!
I was hoping someone had experience booking a room at WDW through Priceline. As you may know, they are notoriously non-helpful when you have questions about what hotels are available. I did get them to admit that Disney Properties are available. Then you have to pick 4 star down to 1 star or resort. Is on-site considered resort? Also, if I price at $100 per night (hoping for a score with Grand Floridian) will I get an All Star??

Has anyone tried this? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

disney owned properties are not on Priceline!!

You might get lucky and get Swan/Dolphin or one of the Downtown Disney hotels (Grosvenor, Courtyard, Hilton, etc.). Disney owned properties are not available through Priceline.

The way that Priceline works, in general, is that you bid the amount you want to spend per night, the quality level of the hotel and the zone the hotel is in. Then you get what you get. I am sure that when the Priceline rep told you that WDW hotels were available they were speaking of the Swan & Dolphin and the Downtown Disney hotels. We have gotten the Hotel Royal Plaza via a Priceline bid and know others who have gotten the Swan, Dolphin and Grosvenor resorts.

Hope that helps.

For more information about bidding on Priceline in the WDW area, see BiddingForTravel.com .

The above posters are correct. The Swan and Dolphin are sometimes available at the Resort level. (But you could just as well get the Hilton or Wyndham in Downtown Disney. Or you could get the Marriott Orlando World Center or the Gaylord Palms.

Most of the other Downtown Disney (Hotel Plaza Blvd.) hotels have also come up on Priceline at their respective star levels.

But Disney owned hotels NEVER are available on either Priceline or Hotwire.

Hope this helps!

Tim E.
Dreamfinder's Other Concoction

you bid priceline.com and get a hotel but don't show up? I know you still pay for what you bid as, but are there penalties for never showing up?

Your penalty is that you pay for your stay. Just like you penalty for not showing up at a Disney hotel is paying for one night of your stay.

I know this is off topic but I just had to welcome kjustice!!! There are a LOT of Justice's from around my home. I wonder if you are related to them????:cool:

Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad you guys gave me the scoop. Priceline's website lists all the Disney Hotels on it's vicinity map, but none of the Downtown Disney hotels are lsited. That's pretty misleading!

Check out the vicinity map.

http://www.priceline.com/hotels/Lang/en-us/images/zonemaps/48.gif

J.C.&ALI'SMOM - sorry no link to West Virginia that I know of! The jJstice name is my in-laws and they are all in Alabama!

I agree. That IS misleading. I wonder if Disney is aware that they're doing that? I also wonder if that could be construed at false advertising?

This hotel list is NOT a comprehensive list of all hotels that may be received through priceline. You may receive a hotel through priceline that is NOT on this list. We see NEW HOTELS appear all the time.

ORLANDO

Disney World Vicinity

Resort
Walt Disney World Swan
Walt Disney World Dolphin
Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa
Marriott Orlando World Center
Hilton in the Walt Disney World Village
Gaylord Palms Resort

4 Star

3 Star
Buena Vista Suites
The Grosvenor
Hyatt Orlando
Renaissance World Resort (was Doubletree Orlando Resort)
Sheraton Safari
Summerfield Suites
Doubletree Resort Orlando-Villas at Maingate
Hotel Royal Plaza
Radisson Resort Parkway

2.5 Star
Courtyard Marriott Village (at Little Lake Bryan)
Courtyard in the Walt Disney World Village
Ramada Plaza Gateway
Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
Clarion Hotel Maingate
Doubletree Club Lake Buena Vista

2 Star
Days Inn Maingate East
Four Points Sheraton Lakeside
Howard Johnson's Maingate
Quality Suites Maingate
Ramada Eastgate
Ramada Maingate
Park Inn and Suites Maingate East
Quality Inn Main Gate West

1 Star
Travelodge Hotel Main Gate East
Rodeway Inn
Econolodge Polynesian

I think the point was that Priceline's map shows all of the Disney-owned hotels even though they are not now and never have been available this way. It's very misleading.

Wow - thanks for the list! How in the world did you get it? Seems like it is a closely guarded secret. No four stars?

Yes, I think the vicinity map is misleading....but I knew there were those on this board who knew the scoop!

no, it is not a closely guarded secret. It is listed in the website biddingfortravel.com.

It has the list there was a very long time. It is a great resource and has a wealth of information for first time bidders bidding on priceline and pro's alike. It will help in bidding strategies and such and give you an idea on which zone and what hotels come up when people bid and post.

Give it a try. There are no 4 stars because the hotels that are listed as resorts used to be 4 stars until priceline upgraded them to resort.

I have used priceline for years now and have never seen a disney owned hotel ever come up. In fact I did get Swan and Dolphin several times including my upcoming stay for $69 a night for 2 weeks which I bid for a few months ago which is the best hotel to get "onsite" ex:same transportation as Disney and on Disney property etc.

Have fun either way

:) :) :)

Originally posted by kjustice
Wow - thanks for the list! How in the world did you get it? Seems like it is a closely guarded secret. No four stars?

Yes, I think the vicinity map is misleading....but I knew there were those on this board who knew the scoop!

as gm pointed out it came from the website www.biddingfortravel.com

The website is not a secret but decided to cut and paste the info because so many people don't bother to check out this site. It has a wealth of useful info. Take the time to read the Hotel FAQ page before bidding.

Wow - thanks for the tip. Sorry I didn't look at it before. I wonder why no one has ever tried (or reported) a four star. Any ideas what it might be? I'm surprised the Swan/Dolphin are only three stars.

Okay, I just reread through this entire string and feel like a dummy! I must be REALLY tired (both kids are sick just one week before out trip! I get the star thing now. Thanks for spoon feeding me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter