• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Makes Adjustments for Monday’s Eclipse

People are going to be very upset if WDW did all the closures they hinted at. Here is my parking lot at my max, 81%. I can barley see those clouds 15 miles away. :)

Note i think my camera did lighten it up just a tad. Light seemed flatter and yellower.

View attachment 263629

chartle,

We had 90% totality in central Alabama and I have to admit I was a little disappointed.

We had clouds today but at max eclipse the sky was clear and the amount of light was very similar to a partly cloudy day.

God made the heavens move with celestial calculus which I admire and respect but the hype was oversold. If you were in the blackout strip it was probably different: for the rest of us, it was interesting but BAU.

Bama Ed

97% in Raleigh, NC
Strange look to the atmosphere (we thought it looked similar to when a hurricane is near), but not very dark at all. The shadow of light through tree leaves on driveway were all crescent shaped and very cool looking, temp. dropped 5 degrees - that's all!! Much different than in totality though, but lasted a good while.

Drove 11 hours to Hopkinsville, KY to experience two minutes of strange excitement. It didn't really get dark until 100% total, and then suddenly everyone cheered and fireworks went off in the distance. As possibly a once - in - a - lifetime experience, I would say it was worth it, but I do hope to do it again in 2024!

100% totality here for 2 min 30 sec. I was watching with the glasses and it kept getting a little dimmer, little sliver of sun left and I thought, well it isn't as dark as they say and then, "BAM" it was like someone just shut the light switch off. Weird and awesome at the same time.

I had about 95% here and it just seemed cloudy. I never thought it would get that dark, but a lot of people must have as they expressed their disappointment. I may be right in the path of the 2024 eclipse, or within miles of it, so we will see then.

So what did WDW do when the light became just slightly less than normal?

Side note my local amusement park, Kennywood, also had to put out a notice to not look at the sun while visiting the park. :sad2:

Maybe next week it will be don't run with scissors.

Why do we continue to defeat Darwinism?

Give em the scissors

Anybody here ever heard the song "Dare to be Stupid" by Weird Al Yankovic? Google it if not.

Why do we continue to defeat Darwinism?

Give em the scissors

Anybody here ever heard the song "Dare to be Stupid" by Weird Al Yankovic? Google it if not.
Michael consider all the great YouTube videos we wouldn't get to see like The woman looking down the barrel after a misfire or the other woman waving her hand in front of the a gun that misfired . The Antifa protester kicking a tear gas canister then getting hit with a bean bag round in the groin. Remember it's all fun and games till somebody loses an eye then it's hysterical

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter