WDW, lift of buses did not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windjammer, I kept my mouth shut for a long time. But now, I can no longer.

I'll not post all of the things going through my mind. It does not help one bit, nor does the DIS need it. But seriously, you need to look at yourself in the mirror. Long, hard, and a lot more of that.

Honey, be very thankfull of the fact that you can go to WDW. That you can reach for condiments. That you can use drinking fountains. That you life in a country where you can get aids, medical help, benefits.

I'm done with you. I can understand a lot about people and having difficult times with disabilities, but I draw a big fat line at lashing out again and again at others. Anybody is welcome in my world. Also after such behaviour. But not as long as somebody is still acting that way and not taking any responsibility for it. I think you owe some people on here some serious apologies.

And now I'm off to sent a PM to Sue to inform her about this topic so she can act however she sees accordingly. And yes, I seriously understand my own place in the whole picture. This posting isn't nearly as it should be, for which I accept the concequences.

PS; great job though in pulling up smoke curtains to deffer from the original question of what you are trying to reach with this topic and you're segregation of 'real disabled' versus 'non real disabled'.

Be grateful that you can communicate - I know people who can walk, but cannot express their needs and wants. I'd rather be in a wheelchair with a functioning mind than able to walk out into the street and not understand how I could get killed by that car coming at me.

Hi SueM
My controller is a MK5 as well. I have over 4,000 miles on her now. It has a reading for how much battery charge I have on it. It seems like we have similar chairs. I do have a tilt on it and a sterio system on it but it is not plugged into the chairs batteries. I have Mickey Mouse as my joystick.

I did read how far the walkers were going a day. They said up to 14 miles and an average of 10 miles a day but I was not sure if it was equivalent to the chair. I do turn it off because people hit the controlls or kids come up and play with it.

I was going to be "pack mule" for the gang plus carry my charger. You know we can pack a lot on the chairs. My mom is riding a Pride Celebrity, I think I will put stuff in her basket and drive off. :rolleyes1

I will keep milage and when I get home I will post it. I will just have to cut back on extra use, like dancing and fast pick ups. I will put her on slow.
So how do you feel about your mom who used a scooter during your trip? Did you show her the bitter disdain that you show on this thread for scooter users?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2138651
Do you remember how Sue and others took time to help you plan your trip?

We are a community. We all belong, we are all equally valued. Hopfully, we can grow from this thread and realize how isolating and limiting it is to not be able to see beyong our own disability, our own challenges. Windjammermay, I will always welcome you in these forums, but perhaps your greatest disability is self absorbtion. It's true you can't walk around Disney, but you have many blessings as well, as others have pointed out. I sincerely hope that you can learn to appreciate those blessings, and the rest of us, as well. We are not trying to minimize your challenges, as they are extensive. Just understand, not being able to walk is not the worst thing that can happen. You're here! You're alive! You can be independent! You can communicate! Your senses are all functional! There is so much you CAN do.

We are a community. We all belong, we are all equally valued. Hopfully, we can grow from this thread and realize how isolating and limiting it is to not be able to see beyong our own disability, our own challenges. Windjammermay, I will always welcome you in these forums, but perhaps your greatest disability is self absorbtion. It's true you can't walk around Disney, but you have many blessings as well, as others have pointed out. I sincerely hope that you can learn to appreciate those blessings, and the rest of us, as well. We are not trying to minimize your challenges, as they are extensive. Just understand, not being able to walk is not the worst thing that can happen. You're here! You're alive! You can be independent! You can communicate! Your senses are all functional! There is so much you CAN do.

I appreciate the possitive in your post. No, I am not self obsorbant and I have had my inability to function for a long time. I have out grown many things but I do appreciate your more up beat response. I useually am not negative. I do not have an excuse but I sure need to get off these steriods. I came home and went into the hospital with the flue after landing in Logan.

I do think I will approch the next trip differently. I will get in line and ignore some of the things people were saying. I should not have backed away from the long lines and should have attempted to handle the "large over whelming crowds" in a different way :scared1: I was so not prepared for so many :scared1: The scooter crowd was friendly and encouraging. Mom did hit too many people becuase she got flustrated. I was upset with her for doing it but saw why she was upset. I will go to Fantasma in Hollywood the next time instead of shying away from the lines.

I did adore Epcot. It was so beautiful at night. Rolling along the pond and the countrys. It was breath taking. I notice less people at night and when I rolled alone it was so awesome. I stopped to look at everything and there was no stress. At France it was cheese, baget, and a touch of wine. So peaceful and delightful. I should have pushed myself more to attempt other things. I was just not prepared for so many people :eek:

At MK there is a place a CM showed me. It was near their emplyee entrance. I could see the fire works and not get stuck in the crowd. She was so nice, she watched with me and showed me how to get out of the way of the walkers.

Thank-you for the possitive ireland_nicole.

This thread has gone way beyond being anything constructive.

I will close it with this quote from ireland nicole.
We are a community. We all belong, we are all equally valued. Hopfully, we can grow from this thread and realize how isolating and limiting it is to not be able to see beyong our own disability, our own challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter