WDW in December - Favorites?!

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We have a ressie at our home resort BWV for the 1st week of December. We've been to WDW many times but this is our 1st trip during the Xmas season. Can anyone give me their opinions on the various special events (MK Xmas party, Osborne lights, Epcot event etc etc) whether they are crowded and what your favorites are? Any feedback is much appreciated! (have 2 boys, ages 12 and 14)

The only one I can really comment on is the Osborne Lights. Don't miss them. They are phenomenal! :earseek:

I love MVMCP at the MK - this is worth seeing - crowds that depends upon luck - some nights are crowded some aren't problem is that you don't know until you are there. If the thing has been sold out - warning signs - will be very crowded - but since you already brought your tickets - go anyway!

the Candlelight Procession at Epcot is lovely and if you can get a good speaker - amazing.

the lightening of the trees and the walk ways at Epcot is GREAT!:bounce: Well worth seeing!

the Osbourn lights were very crowded when I went to see them - but again there are so many lights that it was worth it.

take a day if you can and go see the resorts - VWL/WL, GF, AKL, BC/yc/bcv are all worth a visit.

Downtown Disney is also decorated and has it own tree lighting. THis is a wonderful time to go - congratulations on getting those reservations!

The Osborne Lights are sooooo special, you will barely believe your eyes, and I'm not kidding. It is best to wait at least half an hour AFTER they open to avoid the big crunch of crowds. Also, they are less crowded DURING the week.

I would not miss a MVMCP. Weekends are much more crowded than weekdays. If you have many chances to attend this party on your trip, I would choose the earliest one as long as it is not on a weekend. This way, if it gets totally rained out,
you MAY be able to get a refund, and attend it on another night.

I will be at WDW Dec 5th - 11th. Have Fun !

The Candlelight Processional at Epcot is a must. Would recommend the dinner package which includes special seating and no standing in line. When you get nearer to the fall there will be info on wdwinfo about the package and the restaurants involved. Also the list of the narrators.

Mickey's Very Magical Christmas Parade - a definate
Osborne Lights - great too

We also walked through the Contemp on the way to Chef Mickey's for a birthday dinner
checked out our "home" Wilderness Lodge when we pool hopped and toured the villas
Saw the Poly when we had dinner at O'Hana's (great meal)
and took a walk through the Animal Kingdom Lodge

12/1-12/12/02, BCV & VWL

There's a special tour of Christmas decorations that we wanted to take but it was sold out way in advance. [Disney Tours 407-939-8687]

Poinsettas everywhere . . . beautiful displays in the hotels!

Definately MVMCP! We did it twice during the week when we were there last December. It was awesome!

Candlelight Processional is great too. Definately make that a priority too.

Boardwalk III

Agree with the everything posted so far.

If you still have time on your schedule, try seeing as many of the storytellers at each of the countries in WS.

I believe the Yuletide Backstage tour has a minimum age. Your boys may not be old enough.

Ed

This was our first xmas at WDW. We usually go in July. It was wonderful!
MVMCP is a must. We did only shows, eating, and shopping, and of course the parade!
Osbourne lights are magical! Crowded but neat! And the snow adds a nice twist!
We stood outside for some of Candlelight Processional, very nice.
We also for the first time resort hopped to see different decorations, this was a lot of fun!
Plannig to go back again next year! We also went without our kids for the first time since 1973! They are grown but still do the family vacation thing! Go, and enjoy! No matter what you decide to do while there, it is Disney, and great to be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter