WDW Gifts for Senior Citizens

Captain UP

Mouseketeer
Oh hi!

Next summer, I am taking my 79 year old mother to WDW with some other family. She has been to the complex one time, over 30 years ago now.

I'd like to get her some kind of gift for Christmas that she can enjoy while we're there. Anyone have any cool ideas?

And by "cool ideas", please stipulate here that I've already very much thought of gift card. 8-)

She's into cooking and technology if that helps.

THANK YOU!

Oh hi!

Next summer, I am taking my 79 year old mother to WDW with some other family. She has been to the complex one time, over 30 years ago now.

I'd like to get her some kind of gift for Christmas that she can enjoy while we're there. Anyone have any cool ideas?

And by "cool ideas", please stipulate here that I've already very much thought of gift card. 8-)

THANK YOU!

Maybe a nice MagicBand+ for the trip? She likes technology, so she may find that fun.

For starters, be careful how you throw around that term "senior"!! But that sounds like an amazing trip. You probably could do something as simple as a fun Disney Magic Band with her favorite characters (and decorated with some fun stick on skins that are available). Disney luggage or luggage tags?

For starters, be careful how you throw around that term "senior"!! But that sounds like an amazing trip. You probably could do something as simple as a fun Disney Magic Band with her favorite characters (and decorated with some fun stick on skins that are available). Disney luggage or luggage tags?
Haha! Great point!

Not a gift, per se, but if she enjoys tech, does she have a phone with the Disney app on it? I assume if she likes tech, she probably has a phone, but make sure she knows about the app. If she doesn’t have a smartphone, there are very reasonable ones out there that she could use connected to the Disney wi-fi to access the app.

Also, there are lots of Disney phone cases that can make the trip fun. There are also small crossbody bags specifically sized for smartphones that are Disney themed as well, that aren’t overly expensive. Corkcicle has had one for sale that holds a bottle of water as well as a phone, with Mickey ears (hydration being very important no matter what your age).

I can’t think of much in the way of cooking that she could use while on the trip, but if you go the gift card route there are a lot of kitchen things, particularly at Epcot, that she could buy to use when she returns home. That would be a great way to remember the trip.

Have fun on the trip!

Not a gift, per se, but if she enjoys tech, does she have a phone with the Disney app on it? I assume if she likes tech, she probably has a phone, but make sure she knows about the app. If she doesn’t have a smartphone, there are very reasonable ones out there that she could use connected to the Disney wi-fi to access the app.

Also, there are lots of Disney phone cases that can make the trip fun. There are also small crossbody bags specifically sized for smartphones that are Disney themed as well, that aren’t overly expensive. Corkcicle has had one for sale that holds a bottle of water as well as a phone, with Mickey ears (hydration being very important no matter what your age).

I can’t think of much in the way of cooking that she could use while on the trip, but if you go the gift card route there are a lot of kitchen things, particularly at Epcot, that she could buy to use when she returns home. That would be a great way to remember the trip.

Have fun on the trip!
GREAT! This is good stuff!

Going from low-high prices:

It may not be very exciting but since you mentioned you are going in the summer this is something she could definitely use then: Frogg Toggs Chilly Mini Wraps are super helpful for the heat and should really be washed before use so might be nice to have in advance: https://www.froggtoggs.com/chilly-mini-wrap

Something that's (sort of) technology-based that she can use this Christmas to get her in both the holiday and Disney spirit is this super cute Disneyland ornament: https://www.shopdisney.com/walt-dis...252.html?isProductSearch=1&searchType=regular (If she ever watched the "Disneyland" show on Sunday nights when she was younger this may bring back memories when it plays the intro to the show)

Since she is into cooking and technology maybe she would be interested in a Mickey Waffle Maker? We have this and our family loves making Mickey waffles like the ones at WDW Resort - it's a fun way to look forward to going to the parks and to keep the memories going after returning home (we keep threatening to bring it with us sometime since we usually stay in the Fort Wilderness Cabins and they have a kitchen but we haven't yet - but you certainly could if you wanted to do so!)
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...html?isProductSearch=1&searchType=autosuggest

If she doesn't already have an Apple Watch...you could get her one and set it up so that the watch face looks like Mickey or Minnie Mouse (and make it so they announce the time if you want): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207194 (And if she already has an Apple Watch you could set this up for her at no cost!)

If she doesn't do Apple Watches, Citizen has quite a few Disney Eco-Drive watches (if you don't already know Eco-drive, they are solar powered so you never need to worry about changing a watch battery, and thinking about the sun powering a Disney watch seems great for WDW!)
https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/collection/disney/?prefn1=featureFilter&prefv1=Eco-Drive

Hope you all have a great holiday and an awesome trip next summer!

Going from low-high prices:

It may not be very exciting but since you mentioned you are going in the summer this is something she could definitely use then: Frogg Toggs Chilly Mini Wraps are super helpful for the heat and should really be washed before use so might be nice to have in advance: https://www.froggtoggs.com/chilly-mini-wrap

Something that's (sort of) technology-based that she can use this Christmas to get her in both the holiday and Disney spirit is this super cute Disneyland ornament: https://www.shopdisney.com/walt-dis...252.html?isProductSearch=1&searchType=regular (If she ever watched the "Disneyland" show on Sunday nights when she was younger this may bring back memories when it plays the intro to the show)

Since she is into cooking and technology maybe she would be interested in a Mickey Waffle Maker? We have this and our family loves making Mickey waffles like the ones at WDW Resort - it's a fun way to look forward to going to the parks and to keep the memories going after returning home (we keep threatening to bring it with us sometime since we usually stay in the Fort Wilderness Cabins and they have a kitchen but we haven't yet - but you certainly could if you wanted to do so!)
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...html?isProductSearch=1&searchType=autosuggest

If she doesn't already have an Apple Watch...you could get her one and set it up so that the watch face looks like Mickey or Minnie Mouse (and make it so they announce the time if you want): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207194 (And if she already has an Apple Watch you could set this up for her at no cost!)

If she doesn't do Apple Watches, Citizen has quite a few Disney Eco-Drive watches (if you don't already know Eco-drive, they are solar powered so you never need to worry about changing a watch battery, and thinking about the sun powering a Disney watch seems great for WDW!)
https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/collection/disney/?prefn1=featureFilter&prefv1=Eco-Drive

Hope you all have a great holiday and an awesome trip next summer!
Thank you!

You've had a lot of good ideas already. I'll second the magic band +. Since you are going in summer maybe one of the cute little mickey fans you can get on Amazon so she can keep cool. I'd just put together a little grab box of things that would be useful. As a senior citizen myself (and I agree careful how you throw that term around) I know I don't need any more stuff in my house just sitting around so if I get gifts (which I actually tell people not to give me) I do ask for something useful. You could do a box with a magic band, fan, ornament, crossbody bag.

Air tags! My husband gave me two. I have one on my wallet and one in my luggage. It’s great to see where your stuff is at all times!

Oh hi!

THANK YOU!
You didn't mention her physical condition. Even at best, the difference between 49 years old and 79 years old is shockingly different no matter what things seem to be. Maybe some mobility options would be helpful.

Someone that hasn't been back for 30 years cannot be automatically considered to be impressed or moved by Disney stickers or the like. Helping with personal expenses might be much more needed. The biggest thing is to let her decide for herself what she can and cannot do or see or ride. I am 75 with back issues but would still feel able to "ride" just about anything that Disney can throw at me, however, what I cannot do is walk or stand most of the day. I don't like to feel like I can't do things but when I did decide to use help by renting a scooter (from and offsite company) my enjoyment of the place went off the charts because I wasn't in pain all the time. I say all that because you could look at me and think that I am healthy and strong, but I have a weak part of my lower back that disagrees with my or anyone else's perception. Just a suggestion for a possible gift that keeps on giving. Whatever you decide, I hope you will all have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter