WDW Ghost Stories

Okay, so I couldn't help but read this thread...and after reading all these fabulous stories it reminded me of an encounter of my own!!!:scared:

My mother and I were at the Haunted Mansion at WDW on our family's annual November trip, and as we were aproaching
"Séance Circle,"

my mother pointed at the chair across from the "magical ball" and began to say,"Look you can actually see the lady sitting there...

I thought to my self, well that's new ...and I kept looking and said, "I can't see it mom...where?" Yet she kept insisting it was there...

so I asked her, "You mean the magical ball?" And to my surprise she says, "No, you can actually see the woman sitting *points* in the chair, see her legs?" And now I was just about in awe...

Since then, we have riden the ride countless times, and NEVER have I seen a person actually sitting in that chair...and oddly...niether has she!!! :confused3

but never will I forget that one experience!!! now every time I go on that ride, I always look VERY closely at the chair....nothing there!...hahaha...happy hauntings!!!

and these are about Disneyland....\

THE GHOST OF A WOMAN NAMED DOLLYHAUNTS THE MATTERHORN MOUNTAIN WHERE SHE WAS CRUSHED TO DEATH AFTER SHE FELL OUT OF HER SLED AND WAS HIT BY THE SLED BEHIND HER. THERE IS A GHOST OF A YOUNG MAN HAUNTING THE OLD PEOPLE MOVER RIDE. WHEN IT WAS OPERATING, GIRLS (ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH LONG BLONDE HAIR) WOULD SOMETIMES FEEL AN UNSEEN SOMEONE PULL VISIOUSLY AT THEIR HAIR. THE BOY DIED A FEW YEARS AGO ON A GRAD NIGHT WHEN HE JUMPED OUT OF THE CABIN OF THE PEOPLE MOVE TRIEPPED, GOT CAUGHT AND DRAGGED UNDERNEATH THE CAR. HE GRABBED DESPERATELY AT HIS GIRLFRIENDS LONG BLOND HAIR TO SAVE HIMSELF, BUT NO AVAIL. THE GHOST(S) OF ONE OR TWO OR MORE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SEEN ON TOM SAWYERS ISLAND. AT LEAST THREE BOYS (ALL GRAD NIGHT VICTIMS) HAVE DROWN IN THE RIVERS OF AMERICA. THE "ITS A SMALL WORLD" RIDE HAS THREE DIFFERENT GHOSTS. THEY ARE ALL PEOPLE WHO WORKED THERE AND THEY LOVED THIS ATTRACTION. LIGHTS HAVE TURNED THEMSELVES OFF/ON BY THEMSELVES. AS WELL AS DOLL ALL THE DOLLS MOVING WITHOUT POWER..

sorry for the caps, I cut and pasted it :(

and from snopes.....the urban legends and facts that lead to ghost stories.... http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm

Well, we haven't experienced anything, but.......
when my husband and I go to the "great beyond", I have instructed my daughter to scatter some of our ashes at WDW, from the top of Spaceship Earth in Epcot, so maybe my wish of spending eternity in "the happiest place on Earth" will come true!! Not to worry, I'll be the friendly type...gently pushing a bit to show which way is the "shortcut" for the rides :).........

I'm so glad someone bumped this, I never would have seen it. I have a couple to share. When I was at Disney on the college program one of my old managers started telling me stories she's heard from other manager friends of hers (what can I say, it was a slow night at MGM, LOL!)

Haunted Mansion has a couple of sightings that she told me about, one of which is exactly like a previous poster (lauran cameran) mentioned. It's been documented many times people coming off the ride and mentioning to CM's "wow that was so cool how you had someone sitting in the chair by the crystal ball this time" The CMs would ask around to make sure no one was playing any jokes, and turned out no one was there.

Another one is that hallway effect with the candelabra - many guests have reported seeing someone at the end of the "hallway"

The third one is the creepiest, but she assured me that it's documented in the ride logs. . . I've never actually ASKED anyone who works at HM to verify, but it's true as far as she knows according to friends who were managers at the ride or in that area. If you've ever noticed the "fresh grave" when you're walking up to the HM, it's their little homage to the man who owned the house that the HM structure was based on (not the story, just the look of the house) Anyway, every morning, or ever so many mornings, CMs have to go out and rake the ground so that it always looks like a fresh grave. At around the same time they have the ride functioning to do run throughs, make sure things are working. When the CMs rake that grave, the ride stops for no reason.

I'll have to see if I can remember more. I know I've heard stories about Body Wars - a little girl apparently died in there many years ago (natural causes, not an accident) Anyway, when that pod is empty, CMs will often see the ghost of the little girl in there.

Carrie

"AS WELL AS DOLL ALL THE DOLLS MOVING WITHOUT POWER"

Ok, now THAT really freaked me out!! :eek:

Originally posted by luvthatduke
"AS WELL AS DOLL ALL THE DOLLS MOVING WITHOUT POWER"

Ok, now THAT really freaked me out!! :eek:

Actually, some of animatronics never stop moving. Instead of being turned off, they are put in "night mode" were they still move, but not the full range of motion they are capable of. It is easier on the servos than turning them off & on all the time, they won't wear out as fast.
Can you imagine seeing an animatronic moving in the dark in complete silence? Now THAT is creepy.

Now that I think of it, I do have a story to add. After closing time at Epcot, we received a call from a Security Cast Member that there was a body on a gurney in the middle of Innovention East. He was frantic that there were no paramedics there helping the person, and wanted to know why they would just leave someone in the dark like that. Our manager went to check Innoventions for the gurney, but found nothing. Weird, huh? (Spoiler alert: It turns out the Security CM was very eldery and had stopped taken his medications early that week. Everyone just figured he was seeing things)... but then again, what if he wasn't???

Originally posted by PneumaticTransit
Everyone just figured he was seeing things)... but then again, what if he wasn't???

BUM BUM BUM!!!!!!!

Hahaha. Keep them comimg.

wow! i had never heard any of these before...

bump!

jen
:earsgirl:

Originally posted by brandip22
Wow, I'd love to know more. I'll have to do a google search!

Sorry to change the subject for a moment, but :wave: Brandip22!
DH, DS and I bleed purple and gold too!! Can't wait to beat Georgia yet again tomorrow.

Anyway, here is also a (supposedly) true story posted by a former CM about Splash Mtn. Also different version of George and POTC.
http://www.geocities.com/thunderthughangout/stories.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter