WDW Event Swap Progress Thread - **Please post when they arrive!**

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
Check-in:
They're all on their way back! Please post here when they arrive.

We are making mini page kits consisting of 1 topper/title and 2 elements of your choice for all groups except for groups with specific instructions (party-specific parade groups, Food and Wine Fest and Flower and Garden Fest). See list below for more details.

Step 1 – Choose your topic. You may sign up for more than one group if you would like. Follow the sign-up instructions for each group. You don't need to tell us what you are making unless you are in the event groups. We all know what its like to start and change your plans mid-stream.

Step 2 - PM me with your DIS name, name, home address, email address, and phone numbers. Email and phone numbers will only be used to follow up if I have not heard from you. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with check-in, ship info and received info.

Step 3 – After you create your items, package them individually in Ziploc bags and place all of your bags for each group in it’s own, larger (gallon size) Ziploc bag. Please be sure to package each group separately. Include your name, DIS name and group number on each larger bag. Include return postage for whichever method you prefer. If you want delivery confirmation, don't forget to send in the extra money for that as well as a completed d/c slip.

Please don’t send metered or click-it/ship-it postage – some hostesses have had issues with these.

Step 4 – Check in on the progress thread regularly. Check the thread for updates, receipt and shipping info.

Step 5 – PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

Element List (thanks to SusieStone for this one :D) – if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it.

NO hand written lettering on ANY items. Please use computer fonts, rub-ons, stickers or stamps. NOTE: Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon/fiber, 3D stickers (matted stickers/cliparts are okay too) or embossing (dry/heat).

TOPPER - The size and orientation is up to you. Please do not make it more than 8 inches wide. You may cut letters out to spell a title but make sure the letters are at least 1 1/4 inches and have a shadow matted behind each letter. If you choose to cut out a title, place letters in a separate baggie and let us know what they spell.

Element Selection:
Journaling Box: 1PP at least a 3x3 writing area, double matted and embellished with actual journal area placed on top of the two mats
Tag: 1 PP for medium or large tags, 2 pp for 2x3 tags, double matted and embellished, include either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole - may include both...the fiber and or eyelet does not count as an embellishments
Embellished Shapes: 3PP 1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted and embellished. These can be circles, squares, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that would not look right double matted please use your best judgement.....Just make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in something extra.
Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
File Folders or Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or larger, 2 pp if mini sized. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook if this is the element you choose to do.
Bottle Caps: 2PP if metal, 4PP if paper
Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold 2x3 a tag that should have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please
License Plate: 1PP be creative please
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished
Altered CD cover: 1PP be creative please
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
Altered Paper Clips: 3 large size ones
Embellishment baggie to include the following items: 3 yards of fiber, yard of ribbon, 2 pieces of 6 X6 coordinating paper, 8 brads and 8 eyelets.
Individual wrapped store bought embellishment package.(example Jolees, shaped clips,etc.)

PP = Per Person

Mini Page Kit Groups

MNSSHP A
HalloWishes - NewEnglandEeyore
Mickey’s Boo to You Parade - 123SA
Trick or Treat Stations - NemoMom07
Villain’s Mix and Mingle - mom2001scrapper
Halloween Dance Parties - bearbear
Character Meet and Greets - missesdisney

MVMCP A
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade - 123SA
Holiday Wishes - christinadei
Hot cocoa and cookie spots - TPCShauna
Snow on Main Street - bearbear
One of the shows (your choice) - missesdisney

PnP A
Disney’s Enchanted Adventures Parade - bearbear
Princess Court (your choice) - Tiggermei
Pirate Port (your choice) - happypooh

WDW Misc. A
Epcot Christmas Tree Lighting - christinadei
Candlelight Processional - TPCShauna
Holiday Décor at the Resorts - missesdisney
Osborne Family Festival of Lights - happypooh
Epcot Holiday Story Tellers - hopemax
Christmas Trees at AK - rlovew

HR A
1. TPCShauna - Grand Floridian
2. hopemax - Wilderness Lodge
3. rlovew - Yacht Club
4. missesdisney - Polynesian
5. happypooh - Boardwalk Inn
6. New England Eeyore - Beach Club

DL Misc. A
HalloweenTime - hrpufnsash
Haunted Mansion Holiday - hrpufnsash
It’s a Small World Holiday - TPCShauna
Christmas Fireworks - Tiggermei
Candlelight Processional - TPCShauna
Christmas at Disneyland - Tiggermei

Single Element Groups

MNSSHP Parade A
1. 123SA - matted poem/song lyric
2. missesdisney - license plate
3. NemoMom07 - paper piecing
4. calanniebu - Journal box

MVMCP Parade A
1. TPCShauna - Altered CD
2. 123SA - paper piecing
3. missesdisney - slide mounts
4. hopemax - embellished shapes
5. christinadei - tags

FnWF A
1. TPCShauna - tags
2. rlovew - library pocket and tag
3. missesdisney - file folder
4. New England Eeyore - license plate
5. bigsis1970 - journal box
6. christinadei - topper

FnGF A
1. missesdisney - slide mounts
2. hopemax - paper piecing
3. rlovew - embellished shapes
4. New England Eeyore - license plate
5. bigsis1970 - journal box
6. piratesmate - embellishment baggie

Angels:
AWM

Tracking:

Have address :flower3:
Checked in 10/18, 11/1, 11/12
Mailed to me :moped:
Received by me :banana:
Received by swapper :woohoo:

New England Eeyore - MNSSHP A, HR A, FnWF A, FnGF A :woohoo:
123SA - MNSSHP A, MVMCP A, MNSSHP Parade A, MVMCP Parade A :woohoo:
NemoMom07 - MNSSHP A, MNSSHP Parade A :woohoo:
mom2001scrapper - MNSSHP A :woohoo:
bearbear - MNSSHP A, MVMCP A, PnP A :woohoo:
missesdisney - MNSSHP A, MVMCP A, WDW Misc. A, HR A, MNSSHP Parade A, MVMCP Parade A , FnWF A, FnGF A :woohoo:
christinadei - MVMCP A, WDW Misc. A, MVMCP Parade A, FnWF A :banana:
TPCShauna - MVMCP A, WDW Misc. A, HR A, DL Misc. A, MVMCP Parade A, FnWF A :woohoo:
Tiggermei - PnP A, DL Misc. A :woohoo:
happypooh - PnP A, WDW Misc. A, HR A :woohoo:
hopemax - WDW Misc. A, HR A, MVMCP Parade A, FnGF A :woohoo:
rlovew - WDW Misc. A, HR A, FnWF A, FnGF A :woohoo:
hrpufnsash - DL Misc. A :woohoo:
calanniebu - MNSSHP Parade A :woohoo:
bigsis1970 - FnWF A, FnGF A :woohoo:
piratesmate - FnGF A :woohoo:

Thanks for getting me into the resort group. Just to make sure I'm thinking correctly - the topper for those groups should be the name of the resort? Just want to make sure.

You know I have progress already. 2 groups done, 2 to go!

I wouldn't be opposed to having something different, depending on the Resort. Like the Grand Floridian has the big Gingerbread House, and Beach Club has the Carousel, so a play on those themes would also work, and then maybe put the resort name/logo on a tag or something.

I wouldn't be opposed to having something different, depending on the Resort. Like the Grand Floridian has the big Gingerbread House, and Beach Club has the Carousel, so a play on those themes would also work, and then maybe put the resort name/logo on a tag or something.

I'm all for creativity in the toppers. I'm attempting that in my own UO/Seaworld swap - something a little different on the toppers!

Some questions

1. Can I do photomats as an element for the mini-page kits? If yes, one or two?

2. File Folder size -- I don't know what is medium, mini etc. My folders are about 2.5 inches by 3 inches folded. Do I make one or two? Here is a photo of one. Shauna, you should also have one of mine from the AK element swap (grp C)

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1549149

Thanks!

No real progress yet---still designing and gathering supplies.

I have my titles finished but I want to double check from what the instructions stated to make sure I do it correctly. For the letters I have cut out to place on the title I am not to adhere them to the mat but rather leave off and let those in my group know what it spells?

thanks

Let's wait for TPCShauna...but I think she means, you can make an topper not to exceed 8x2 inches, in which case your title would either be computer printed, rub-on letters, die cuts, stickers...but it would be assembled OR you can cut out letters for a title -- they should be at least 1 1/4 inches with a shadow. If you go with this option, put them in a bag with a note indicating what it spells.

I haven't done much but I did purcahse my embellishments for 2 groups.

Rebecca

That does make sense. Why in the world did I not pick up on that (DUH Me), but I will wait to make sure.

Spent the day driving myself crazy dreaming up designs for this.

For MNSSHP element group, can I change from embellished shapes to a matted & embellished lyric?

I'd also like to change my element for MVMCP element, not sure yet, but as long as it is not a duplicate, can I change? I do have back up plans if it is not acceptable (See, I really was driving myself crazy!) I am currently signed up for paper piecing -- anyone want to switch?

Thanks!

Hi All! Sorry for not being on sooner. It's been a busy weekend. I'm going to try to answer everything here.

NEE - Creativity in a topper is great. I like Hope's idea of including the name of the resort on a tag and having the topper say something else.

hopemax - :thumbsup2 for answering!

123SA - Photo mats are fine. It would be 1 double-matted, embellished photo mat with the top layer large enough to accommodate a 4x6 photo per person. Your file folder is the size that I would consider medium or larger. Mini ones are typically 2 1/2" x 1 1/2". I changed your MNSSHP element and will change your MVMCP when you decide what you want to do. I don't care what it is as long as it is not a duplicate. Let me know! Also, :thumbsup2 for answering the topper question.

NemoMom07 - If you have cut letters to attach to your topper, please go ahead and do so. As 123SA said, that other option would be if you cut out letters that the recipient would organize on a page themselves. I also just made a title for a topper and I left the letters off because I wanted each person to choose what they wanted. I made my topper to specifications, then cut Christmas, Eve and Day and put them in a bag for each person so they can choose. BTW, I never received your PM because you don't have enough posts to send one. Please shoot one over to me after you reach 10 posts.

rlovew - Thanks for checking in!

I hope that was everything. Let me know if there are more questions!

Checking in - bought my supplies. That's all so far. Have to finish my own swap then will focus on this one - probably next weekend!

Thanks Shauna! I'll do a photomat and journal box for the MVMCP element

Another question:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade

or
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Parade

Anyone know which is correct?

Thanks Shauna! I'll do a photomat and journal box for the MVMCP element

Another question:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade

or
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Parade

Anyone know which is correct?

The one in red. :goodvibes

Yep, unlike the other special event parades, the Christmas Parade will run for regular guests the week leading up to Christmas, and through New Years. Nice, because then people like me can sign up for the parade group even though I've never been to a party. :laughing:

Hi all - have a question. For my shows elements for the MVMCP group I was planning to do Twas the night before christmas show. So I got to thinking it would be cute to do a matted poem of twas the night before christmas. Then I looked it up and it's HUGE. Then I got to thinking again that it might still be cute but I'd just approach it a little differently. Thinking if everyone scraps in 12x12 (which I'm not sure about) then I could do a tall, narrow poem that could go down one side of the page - maybe 3" wide by I have no clue how tall - probably 8 - 9" if I had to guess. But I figured before I do that I should check with those in my group and Shauna to see if this is a good idea or a ridiculously offensive one. Your inputs?

Maria

I'm not in that group, but sounds good. I just had the same problem...I was working on one of my cruise groups. I had lyrics for a song that if I did it as one big block, combined with other elements, wouldn't leave much room for pictures. So I broke the song into 2 lyric blocks, instead of just one. Hopefully, they will be more manageable that way.

I'm not in that group either but it sounds great! It will be kind of like a border. Cool idea!

That sounds cute! Like Piratesmate said, it could be a border. You could even do it on two different strips and make them borders.

Our rule with borders is to make them 12" that can be cut down to 11". Would it work for you to do it that way?

Honestly, I'm sure whatever you come up with will work.

I like it.

And I was having the same problem. I want to do the candy song from the MNSSHP parade. It has a lot of verses, and a lot of short sentences. I was thinking that if I couldn't get it to look right on the usual lyric block, I would either split into two , or put it on a pair of borders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter