WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Oh maybe I misunderstood...so can you order a dole whip without ordering from your phone? You know, need to know about the important things lol. I thought the pp meant there wasn't an option to not mobile order??
All of the quick services have the option to pay cash or at the register, they are just encouraging, very forcefully, to use mobile ordering.

All of the quick services have the option to pay cash or at the register, they are just encouraging, very forcefully, to use mobile ordering.
Does mobile ordering have to be linked to a CC? I have several hundred dollars in Disney gift cards that I ear marked for food back when things were "normal." If I could use a GC on mobile ordering or link to my MB so I could pay my balance with GCs at the resort, that would be much easier.

Does mobile ordering have to be linked to a CC? I have several hundred dollars in Disney gift cards that I ear marked for food back when things were "normal." If I could use a GC on mobile ordering or link to my MB so I could pay my balance with GCs at the resort, that would be much easier.
You can use gift cards in mobile order now 🥳

Others have mentioned saving the gift card number to a note in your phone to quickly copy/paste as the MDE app will not store the GC number.

You still cannot charge a mobile order to your room folio/magic band.

Oh maybe I misunderstood...so can you order a dole whip without ordering from your phone? You know, need to know about the important things lol. I thought the pp meant there wasn't an option to not mobile order??
You could get in line but I mobile ordered mine and it texted ASAP “ready”. Basically I jumped ahead of bout 6 people.
Also it’s a time slot not just a specific time. You pick a slot then when there to get hit the I’m here.

We used MO everyday several times without issues.

Wow! I get that some people don't like wearing masks, but that guy's reaction seems pretty unhinged. Good on his wife for trying to deescalate the situation, but too late at that point. And in front of his kids, too - smh!

I'm glad security stood firm and didn't let the family into the park where another, less prepared, CM might have had even more problems. I mostly worry that people will wear masks properly to get into the park, and then try to dodge the rules inside, but good thing crazy outed itself before they even got in this time.

Mostly, I just don't know what they were thinking going to the park without proper masks for the whole family. By this point, it should be pretty well known that Disney and Universal are being proactive about mask wearing, and guests need to comply or postpone their visits until the rules change.

Wow! I get that some people don't like wearing masks, but that guy's reaction seems pretty unhinged. Good on his wife for trying to deescalate the situation, but too late at that point. And in front of his kids, too - smh!

I'm glad security stood firm and didn't let the family into the park where another, less prepared, CM might have had even more problems. I mostly worry that people will wear masks properly to get into the park, and then try to dodge the rules inside, but good thing crazy outed itself before they even got in this time.

Mostly, I just don't know what they were thinking going to the park without proper masks for the whole family. By this point, it should be pretty well known that Disney and Universal are being proactive about mask wearing, and guests need to comply or postpone their visits until the rules change.
there will always be stupid, entitled people that think they are above rules.

Terrible for the kids. So sad.
Makes me think though, does Disney not offer a mask if you arrive with a non-compliant one? I know many places do.
Maybe Disney worries about liability offering a mask? Not defending this jerk but a cheap paper mask may have prevented this chaos.

Terrible for the kids. So sad.
Makes me think though, does Disney not offer a mask if you arrive with a non-compliant one? I know many places do.
Maybe Disney worries about liability offering a mask? Not defending this jerk but a cheap paper mask may have prevented this chaos.
Actually they do have them available, at least at Disney springs, they also have a vending machine with them. I don't think that would've helped at all, this person would've laushed out either way

Actually they do have them available, at least at Disney springs, they also have a vending machine with them. I don't think that would've helped at all, this person would've laushed out either way
I think you're right. This is the endless problem that will never be resolved. There is always one jerk that ruins everything for all. The great thing about Disney is that it is happens much less often there.

I think you're right. This is the endless problem that will never be resolved. There is always one jerk that ruins everything for all. The great thing about Disney is that it is happens much less often there.
That the public hears. The reason the cm have to wear face shields is because someone spat on a cm when DS reopened, cm get yelled at, spat, physically harassed everyday, we just don't hear about it.

based on the last two months, has anyone taken note to how parks were when the crowd calendars showed grey/yellow dates over the past month or two (meaning one or all parks are sold out for that day for certain groups) i ask because on my Epcot day 9/6 the only group of people that have availability to book epcot at this time are disney resort guests. AP's and Theme Park Ticket Guests are booked up.

I don't know what that will mean for Epcot but i'm not looking forward to it cause i am anticipating some not fun times.....was excited to have the full 11 am to 9 pm to leisurely go through rides and booths. but i don't remember how horrible people said crowds were in July or August when the calendar showed grey (aka like when it reopened)

Ticket question- can I make a five day park hopper (covid extended) a three day ticket instead? Will they downgrade the ticket Due to covid?

Ticket question- can I make a five day park hopper (covid extended) a three day ticket instead? Will they downgrade the ticket Due to covid?
You can ask, but I'd be surprised if they offered a refund of the difference. I assume that's actually what you are looking for. The 5-day ticket can be used for just 3 days; since it was purchased prior to the halt in ticket sales, the last 2 days will carry forward until 9/26/21 in case you can do another quick visit. After that date the 2 days will expire with no future value. Have you priced out new 1-park-per-day 3-day tickets? Losing 2 days plus your hopper is a good chunk of change; if you can afford it, I'd hold those tickets for a future credit and buy new 3-day tickets.

Question about bars in DS like Edison, City Works, Enzos etc or resort bars. Many of them take ADR, but can you just pop in and have a drink at the bar?

Do the resort busses arriving at DS still drop off at same location? Where are the temperature check stations? Is access to all other entrances blocked? Asking since we are planning to dine at Wolfgang Pucks and usually just enter DS thru that passageway down to the left after you get off bus.

Do the resort busses arriving at DS still drop off at same location? Where are the temperature check stations? Is access to all other entrances blocked? Asking since we are planning to dine at Wolfgang Pucks and usually just enter DS thru that passageway down to the left after you get off bus.
You get funneled to the entrance at town center if you're coming on a resort bus. If you're walking from the ds resorts you get checked by the splash pad at marketplace and then if your driving you get checked at the orange or lime garage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter