WDW APs - To Renew Or Not To Renew? For seniors that may not go in 2021...

In 2019 I bought some family members Florida resident APs as a gift. Little did anyone know what 2020 would unleash. I'm at the end of the renew time for these and although I am very tempted to lock them in a couple people in the group are seniors. Of course I would love for all of us to use them this fall or winter to enjoy the holidays but who knows what things will be like then. I know they will be better but I'm on the fence bringing them into large crowds (they are vaccinated).

I'd be curious to hear thoughts on:
-seniors visiting the parks in 2021 w/ the pandemic in mind
-if I let these expire any idea if they'll be available in the future? (Florida Resident Weekday AP)

I will have to decide by the end of the weekend. Right now I'm leaning towards just letting them expire.
No one knows how long protection from vaccination will last, or how effective it will be against all of the variants. I don't think WDW AP's are a good gift for senior citizens at this point in history, no matter how well-intentioned a gift it may be.

I an not a senior, but I had to decide whether to renew our family's out-of-state APs this past Jan. We had canceled 2 planned trips already due to DH's underlying conditions. Ended up renewing because 1) we take 12 day+ trips, 2) we do at least 1 TS/day so would use discount, 3) we could potentially use room discount as well, 4) I buy a decent amount of park souvenirs, so the merch discount is nice. I figured even if we only use for 1 trip, it's like insurance if it takes a while for other discounts to come back. We may lose a little, but I'd be kicking myself if we went twice and didn't renew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter