Water temperature (lazy river, pool, ocean)

traveler_t

Earning My Ears
I was excited for our trip to Aulani in early April until I read reports that water in the pool and lazy river were chilly / unpleasant (and also in the ocean but I can live with that). Also Aulani does not publish any promise to water temperature on their web site which is concerning. Can anyone provide an update from the recent days, or from early April last year? I especially want to hear from people used to relatively warm climate (though any response is welcomed of course :).

We were there a few years ago in February and the water temperature was great. But we are Minnesotans who swim at Hilton Head in February (it is cold in February at HHI, even though they do heat the pool). Hawaii is pretty stable temp wise year round, since it sits close to the equator, I don't think you'd find a big difference based off time of year. I doubt they heat the pool at Aulani since the average high is in the 80s year round, and the average low never dips below 65.

We were just there a month ago and while they say the pools are heated, but they still aren't warm enough for us (and we aren't from warm climate). I think the Wailana pool was the coldest one, probably because that pool is in the shade majority of the day. The lazy river is definitely more chilly than the pools. I only went in the lazy river once because it wasn't warm enough for me to enjoy it fully. The ocean water is definitely colder than the pools and lazy river. I can tell you that, I could go into the pools at some resorts in CA when it's 60s and feel okay, but at Aulani, even it was 80 degrees the water felt a tad too cool for me.
It didn't stop us from having a great time though! I say don't worry about it too much, dip your feet in and if it's a tad cold, just jump in anyway! Then move around, get acclimated and enjoy your time there!

We were just there and all the heaters were working except for the one that heats the adult only spa and pool(they are waiting for parts to fix it). We asked a cast member. The other pools and lazy river were fine, not 90 degree F, but probably 85 (based on comparison to my own pool at home). Remember this though: The chairs are more available near the spas and pool that is cold. So grab your chairs by the adult only spa, so peaceful there!

The former adults only pool was warm the other night but a little cold today. The river and other pools are just fine.

We were just there and all the heaters were working except for the one that heats the adult only spa and pool(they are waiting for parts to fix it). We asked a cast member. The other pools and lazy river were fine, not 90 degree F, but probably 85 (based on comparison to my own pool at home). Remember this though: The chairs are more available near the spas and pool that is cold. So grab your chairs by the adult only spa, so peaceful there!
The adult spa wasn’t working last year at this time as well, and that is the exact same story we were told…they were waiting on parts. It took them 5 days to get it up and running. Sounds like they might be too cheap to incur whatever larger expense is necessary to actually solve the problem.

Or, one might think they would buy some extra parts, since it apparently breaks down all the time.

Sorry to continue the adult spa drama but on our last day at Aulani (Thursday 8 Feb) the adult hot tub was not hot. It wasn’t cold, more like the same temperature as the swimming pool. Earlier in the week it was hot.

Sorry to continue the adult spa drama but on our last day at Aulani (Thursday 8 Feb) the adult hot tub was not hot. It wasn’t cold, more like the same temperature as the swimming pool. Earlier in the week it was hot.
This has gone on for years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s really annoying!

Adult spa was running but water temperature was just warm, not hot at all, today (Feb 10, 2024).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter