Water refill stations ?

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Looking at the weather for next weekend and it’s no shock going to be HOT..are the water refill stations or will quick service places give you water in cups or ?
Can we bring in bottled water soda etc ? ( or outside snacks in general )
Thanks guys :)

There’s both. Off the top of my head, refill stations are at galactic grill, red rose tavern, galxaxy’s edge. Counter service places will give you a cup of ice water for free.

Yes you can bring in outside food, soda, and water. Just make sure nothing is glass. Just today we saw a family walk in with a large Costco pizza.

There’s both. Off the top of my head, refill stations are at galactic grill, red rose tavern, galxaxy’s edge. Counter service places will give you a cup of ice water for free.

Yes you can bring in outside food, soda, and water. Just make sure nothing is glass. Just today we saw a family walk in with a large Costco pizza.
"large Costco pizza" Isn't that redundant? ;-)

I had no idea Disney would let someone bring in a whole pizza, that's awesome! We usually have snacks, drinks, and sometimes already made sandwiches. I've heard Disney won't let you bring in all the makings for sandwiches. They need to already be made.

Great news about the water refill stations! We also always freeze some plastic waterbottles and they are great as they thaw.

Refill stations also at Rancho, the Mint Julip bar, at Galaxy's Edge by the Marketplace, at the first aid station on Main Street, Hungry Bear are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

This seems like a good place to ask. Does Disney let you take in the stainless steel “hydro-flask” water bottles? I have been wondering this lately...

Finding them, outside of Galaxy's Edge is a bit of a problem. Hopefully the water is cooler then the drinking fountain water.

Refill stations also at Rancho, the Mint Julip bar, at Galaxy's Edge by the Marketplace, at the first aid station on Main Street, Hungry Bear are a few I can think of off the top of my head.
When was the last time you saw the one at the Mint Julip bar? About a year ago we went to refill our cups at that location but the machine was gone. I was hoping it was temporary but never checked back on any subsequent trips.

Finding them, outside of Galaxy's Edge is a bit of a problem. Hopefully the water is cooler then the drinking fountain water.
The drinking fountains inside First Aid in either park always have cold water. You are welcome to use those fountains to refill your water bottles. Those fountains are dependably clean, so we will only use them (and no other drinking fountains in the parks) to fill our water bottles. You can use the filtered water spigots at Plaza Inn to fill your bottle -- just use a cup to fill your bottle instead of filling your bottle directly from the soda machine. And you can always request multiple cups of ice water from CS locations (filtered and free!) to fill your water bottles.
ETA: The new filling stations in SWGE (one in the market place and one by Droid Depot) have a design that looks better from a cleanliness standpoint. I hope Disney installs more of these new stations throughout the parks.

Last edited:
The water at most (if not all) refill stations is not cold so get some ice from the counter or from an ice dispenser if there is a soda machine.

One great place for free cold water is White Water Snacks... or whatever it’s called now.

The drinking fountains inside First Aid in either park always have cold water. You are welcome to use those fountains to refill your water bottles. Those fountains are dependably clean, so we will only use them (and no other drinking fountains in the parks) to fill our water bottles. You can use the filtered water spigots at Plaza Inn to fill your bottle -- just use a cup to fill your bottle instead of filling your bottle directly from the soda machine. And you can always request multiple cups of ice water from CS locations (filtered and free!) to fill your water bottles.

Great tip! Thanks! How does it taste? I know there used to be threads about the water tasting bad at the parks.

There is one on Tom Sawyer‘s Island, at Rancho, and another one somewhere in Tomorrowland (not the Galactic Grill one). I hope more start popping up. DCA really needs a few added.

There is one on Tom Sawyer‘s Island, at Rancho, and another one somewhere in Tomorrowland (not the Galactic Grill one). I hope more start popping up. DCA really needs a few added.
Yes! I can only think of the one in Chamber of Commerce at DCA/

Does DL sell bottled water that we can use to refill? Not sure where California is with banning plastics. Thanks!

Great tip! Thanks! How does it taste? I know there used to be threads about the water tasting bad at the parks.
The filtered water (at the First Aid drinking fountains and at Plaza Inn and the CS cups of ice water) tastes fine. We always drink it cold, so I don't know how it tastes warm. Some people bring individual packets of Crystal Light or some equivalent to add to their water bottles, but we find the plain, filtered water to be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter