~~~ Water in airport???

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
We plan to bring refillable water bottles to the airport...should we dump any water that is left in them out in the gutter by the curb before we go in through security?

I know we can't bring them on the plane filled but am unsure where exactly they are allowed, if at all while in the airport.
We're flying out of Philly.

The only restriction is that you can't bring any liquids (other than what can go in the 3-1-1 bag) through security. You are free to carry around a full water bottle outside of security and refill it as soon as you clear security, and you can take them on the plane full too.

Just dump the remains before you head to security. Then, once you get through the security area, you can refill your bottles. The refilled bottles can go on the plane with you..no problem.

Really...we can bring filled ones on the plane?? I thought that was a big no-no!

Really...we can bring filled ones on the plane?? I thought that was a big no-no!

Yes, you can and always have been able to bring filled water bottles, soda bottles, Gatorade, sun screen, whatever onto the plane. You just can't take them through security, which means you have to buy or fill them after you clear the screening area.

Yes, you can and always have been able to bring filled water bottles, soda bottles, Gatorade, sun screen, whatever onto the plane. You just can't take them through security, which means you have to buy or fill them after you clear the screening area.
Well, no, you haven't always been able to bring those things on the plane. There was a while after 9/11 that you couldn't bring anything liquid either through security OR on the plane. This was relaxed when they brought the 3-1-1 rule out. If you haven't flown in a few years, your last experience could have been during the time that liquids weren't allowed on the plane.

Well, no, you haven't always been able to bring those things on the plane. There was a while after 9/11 that you couldn't bring anything liquid either through security OR on the plane. This was relaxed when they brought the 3-1-1 rule out. If you haven't flown in a few years, your last experience could have been during the time that liquids weren't allowed on the plane.

Well, no, your memory is a bit hazy. In fact, liquids were even allowed through security immediately after Sept. 11 and the big outrage expressed by passengers is when they were asked to take a sip from bottles they were carrying, according to news reports at the time.

There was a brief period between August 10, 2006 and September 26, 2006 when no liquids were allowed through security and no liquids purchased after security were allowed on the plane. If we accept that the OP's last flight experience occurred during this very brief period or you can produce a citation to support your initial claim, then your point stands, I suppose.

I don't believe there are bathrooms between checkin and security at PHL. I usually wait till I am past security, as the lines there can be long (but typically move quickly).

The bottles must be empty before you go thru security. You will notice large garbage cans with confiscated liquids at the security check point. After you are thru the checkpoint, feel free to fill your bottles to your hearts content.

Enjoy the Cruise! We had a great time 3 years ago when we went

I don't believe there are bathrooms between checkin and security at PHL. I usually wait till I am past security, as the lines there can be long (but typically move quickly).

The bottles must be empty before you go thru security. You will notice large garbage cans with confiscated liquids at the security check point. After you are thru the checkpoint, feel free to fill your bottles to your hearts content.

Enjoy the Cruise! We had a great time 3 years ago when we went

Actually, there are restrooms between ticketing and security at PHL.

Did you ever wonder why TSA would heap all those hazardous chemicals they have travelers voluntarily surrender because they aren't allowed on an airplane in a trashcan? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter