Watching Festival of Fantasy Parade from Train Station?

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
I have two fair-skinned little ones so I'm hoping our family can stake out a spot in the shade to watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade. I've heard the Train Station is a good place to get a shady spot. Is that the case? And if so, how early should we arrive to ensure a good viewing position in the shade? (Other recommended locations and arrival times are welcome!) Thanks very much in advance for any guidance!

Thanks for the heads up. Thoughts on other spots that have a good view from the shade?

Thanks for the heads up. Thoughts on other spots that have a good view from the shade?

We like to get to Frontierland early. The parade starts there so the wait is less. Usually the side of the parade closer to Main Street has many shady areas you can watch from. We usually stake out close to the DVC kiosk.

Thank you Hopper Fan! How early would you suggest arriving to get a good viewing spot from one of those shady places along Main Street?

We like to get to Frontierland early. The parade starts there so the wait is less. Usually the side of the parade closer to Main Street has many shady areas you can watch from. We usually stake out close to the DVC kiosk.

in April we sat on a bench on the porch of the Liberty Tree Tavern for about 45 minutes to an hour before the parade. I stood up on the porch in front of the bench when others started arriving. Husband stayed seated, but I wasn’t letting anyone stand in front of me. It was behind the wheelchair area. Great shaded area!

"How early to arrive" is an ages-old question that cannot be answered "in general" as that can vary with WHERE you want to sit/stand, (with a parade, where you are along the route,) the date, weather conditions and just plain luck.

The operative "truism" at WDW is that it is better to arrive far too early, than to arrive one minute too late.

Sometimes an hour before the start an event will be the "far too early."
But, at other times, that might still not get you the exact spot you want.

It simply changes virtually daily.

I took this photo this past April. The two sides of the Train Station are open to all. Only the middle section was roped off for VIP viewing. Not sure how early you need to get there in order to secure a spot. Also, don't remember if the sides are completely covered for shade.

A968C306-D21D-4DC0-9B6F-414EEB0D4146.jpeg
I have two fair-skinned little ones so I'm hoping our family can stake out a spot in the shade to watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade. I've heard the Train Station is a good place to get a shady spot. Is that the case? And if so, how early should we arrive to ensure a good viewing position in the shade? (Other recommended locations and arrival times are welcome!) Thanks very much in advance for any guidance!

I took this photo this past April. The two sides of the Train Station are open to all. Only the middle section was roped off for VIP viewing. Not sure how early you need to get there in order to secure a spot. Also, don't remember if the sides are completely covered for shade.

View attachment 325185

This is so helpful - thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter