Was Disney gonna develop a merchandise line for boys in the 2000's

Which is why if you actually read what said, I told you both sides are guilty of confirmation bias. You instead are busy typing attempting to win the argument, instead of fully reading what I typed. You are just as guilty, if not more guilty of not accepting anyone’s views as potentially correct.

I seek info from all different sources on both sides of a debate. I read stuff I don’t agree with all the time to determine if I might be missing something. If I am looking at a topic in news I will read MSNBC, CNN, Fox, and BBC. The truth is normally somewhere in the middle of all of those viewpoints. They all have bias in their presentation of info.

For example if you read this board and most of you on here, you would think Star Wars is a thriving brand and all content being made is making billions of dollars. In reality Star Wars is a somewhat damaged brand trying to find its way after a series of releases that left many fans losing interest. A once collosal toy / merch empire is in shambles compared with years past. George made more on merch / toys than he ever did on movies. Star Wars toy offerings at Walmart today are often less than one 8 ft bay.
Data is wonderful isn't it? I looked it up for you.

1695405789121.png

In the USA an average of 51% women and 70% of men are fans of Star Wars. (That's only a 19% more men btw)
Of those fans, about the same amount of men and women are casual fans, with about 14% more men being avid fans of the franchise.

This is of course only in the USA. And international audiences may vary.

Soooo it's just like we have been saying all along. Yes, in the USA more boys like Star Wars but there are lots of girls that like it as well. It's not just "a boys thing".

I would honestly love to see all the statistics for it including movie favorite by gender considering The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are the highest-grossing "Star Wars" movies of all time and experience tells me lots of women are fans of those two in particular.

But alas, I'm not gonna purchase an account to see them so this will have to do.

Data is wonderful isn't it? I looked it up for you.

View attachment 796186

In the USA an average of 51% women and 70% of men are fans of Star Wars. (That's only a 19% more men btw)
Of those fans, about the same amount of men and women are casual fans, with about 14% more men being avid fans of the franchise.

This is of course only in the USA. And international audiences may vary.

Soooo it's just like we have been saying all along. Yes, in the USA more boys like Star Wars but there are lots of girls that like it as well. It's not just "a boys thing".

I would honestly love to see all the statistics for it including movie favorite by gender considering The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are the highest-grossing "Star Wars" movies of all time and experience tells me lots of women are fans of those two in particular.

But alas, I'm not gonna purchase an account to see them so this will have to do.

Right, and I don't think that anyone was ever saying that it doesn't lean toward boys a little, but the split is not extreme, especially amongst "casual fans" and that Star Wars has always been a more "for everybody" thing than many other action/sci-fi franchises. Like, you could wear a Star Wars t-shirt in the 80's and not get called a "geek" becuase most people liked it. The most surprising thing in the above is how many self-identify as "not a fan."

Also, at the end of the day, what does it matter at all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter