Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I am interested in the swan or dolphin from Nov 25-dec 1. The dolphin only has a few of the days available. The swan has nov 25-30 available. I booked it but have no where to stay the night of nov 30. Does anyone have any insight as to why the 30th seems to be booked up at a lot of the resorts? And what are the chances the swan will open up for the night of the 30th. I hate the idea of changing hotels for my last day there. TIA for any help you can give me.

Quilt03 keep checking... I have been trying to book a stay 11/16-11/21 since Aug and it just opened today with all the dates.

I have a separate question, how comfortable are the sofa beds for a 12yo and 6yo??

Thanks
Jen

2 questions... is there something going on in January? I'm having trouble with room availability... And how do you go about upgrading a points room to a balcony with more points?

2 questions... is there something going on in January? I'm having trouble with room availability... And how do you go about upgrading a points room to a balcony with more points?
As to your second question, I upgraded by calling the SPG line and asking the representative for the upgrade. It was ~1000 points a night.

I have reservations for April '18 and my 180 window opened up last week. Unfortunately, I didn't get the +10. Every day last week I had to make reservations for the corresponding 180 day mark of my trip. For example, the second day of our trip is 4/22/2018, so on 10/24/17 I was able to make any reservations I wanted for 4/22, but could not make any reservations for 4/23 or beyond. I had to wait until 10/25 to make reservations for 4/23, and wait until 10/26 to book for 4/24, and so on. Fortunately I only wanted two hard-to-get reservations (dinner at CRT and lunch at BoG) so I only had to get up super early one day to get those. The rest I just booked each day when I had a few free moments. I got all the times I wanted except CRT was an hour earlier than I had hoped, but that's not the end of the world!

Wow, I think you did great. Before My Disney Experience I knew it was only the 180 days, but I was hoping if I registered I would be an on site guest.
Guess not:confused3. Anyway you did better than I did for my Christmas trip, got CRT but not BOG for the first time.

I think Jan-Feb are big for conferences. End of Feb I couldn't get 5 nights. Both Swan & Dolphin sold out for Feb 26 & 27. Later I had to call to drop 1 day because the website would rebook me & by then both were sold out for Feb 28 - march 4.

As to your second question, I upgraded by calling the SPG line and asking the representative for the upgrade. It was ~1000 points a night.
Was that on a night paid with by points? I was told I had to check in first and then ask if I could pay for an upgrade.

Was that on a night paid with by points? I was told I had to check in first and then ask if I could pay for an upgrade.
Yep. I booked on the SPG site using points at the standard point rate for a standard room. Then called SPG and asked for the points upgrade to the balcony room with a view. She had to cancel and rebook it, so maybe the deluxe balcony could have been booked straightaway by calling rather than booking online first. When are you going? Maybe it’s an issue of availability?

I think Jan-Feb are big for conferences. End of Feb I couldn't get 5 nights. Both Swan & Dolphin sold out for Feb 26 & 27. Later I had to call to drop 1 day because the website would rebook me & by then both were sold out for Feb 28 - march 4.
Oy. We arrive 3/3 and were hoping for an Epcot fireworks view. This doesn’t bode well. But makes me glad I paid points for the upgraded room rather than taking a chance on an upgrade at check in because of our Gold status.

Yep. I booked on the SPG site using points at the standard point rate for a standard room. Then called SPG and asked for the points upgrade to the balcony room with a view. She had to cancel and rebook it, so maybe the deluxe balcony could have been booked straightaway by calling rather than booking online first. When are you going? Maybe it’s an issue of availability?
Maybe. We’re going from 12/28-1/2.

I think that’s the case. Sometimes when I’ve reserved through SPG, the balcony/view upgrade is availabile at booking and sometimes it’s not.

Is there Starbucks at picabu and the new coffee shop? Are there refillable mugs? Cost? Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I am the only one in our party staying at the Swan hotel for part of our upcoming trip (5 nights out of 17 night stay), if I check out early to go to a park, when I return to collect my luggage to move to SSR, I am being collected by a family member. My question is - when they come to collect me from the lobby will they have to pay for parking? They won't be leaving their vehicle as I will be waiting for them.

Has anyone else ever e-mailed the Swan about a problem, and if so, how long did it take to hear back?

I e-mailed Disney about the lack of benches (was told they are always working on improving the parks), which is pretty much what I expected. E-mailed the Swan on the same day and have heard nothing.

Unfortunately, I am the only one in our party staying at the Swan hotel for part of our upcoming trip (5 nights out of 17 night stay), if I check out early to go to a park, when I return to collect my luggage to move to SSR, I am being collected by a family member. My question is - when they come to collect me from the lobby will they have to pay for parking? They won't be leaving their vehicle as I will be waiting for them.
First of all, the Swan will transfer your bags to SSR, at no charge (but, a tip is appropriate). My personal experience is that it only takes a few hours for the bags to be received at the Disney resort, if I drop them at bell services at the Swan first thing in the morning).
The driveway to the Swan's main entrance is open to everyone - there is no fee.

First of all, the Swan will transfer your bags to SSR, at no charge (but, a tip is appropriate). My personal experience is that it only takes a few hours for the bags to be received at the Disney resort, if I drop them at bell services at the Swan first thing in the morning).
The driveway to the Swan's main entrance is open to everyone - there is no fee.
We use the baggage transfer option every year but I didn't realise it was available at the Swan and Dolphin as it's technically NOT a Disney hotel. This will make my life so much easier (and cheaper!). I have only just found out about the resort fee (never heard of such a thing before - why not just include it in the room price if it's non-negotiable?!), so with that on top of parking (again, something we are not used to in Disney resorts), it will bump up the cost, so another party member will keep the car and just drop off/collect me daily rather than the other way around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter