• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Careful when booking AP rates. I'm playing around with dates in June and I noticed when I priced out 1 night vs 2 nights they very kindly charge the higher cost night to every night when booking 2 nights resulting in a $45 surcharge to the 2 night booking vs 2, 1 night back to back bookings- which is super annoying as I want to pay that second night with a gc and I'm not sure if they can reverse your deposit and use a different payment method on arrival...

Careful when booking AP rates. I'm playing around with dates in June and I noticed when I priced out 1 night vs 2 nights they very kindly charge the higher cost night to every night when booking 2 nights resulting in a $45 surcharge to the 2 night booking vs 2, 1 night back to back bookings- which is super annoying as I want to pay that second night with a gc and I'm not sure if they can reverse your deposit and use a different payment method on arrival...
Ugh!

Fun update- went to book this afternoon and now it priced both nights at the cheaper rate of the first night. Fine with me lol!

Does $637 a night, refundable with fees seem like a fair price the beginning of Feb 2025?

When the rooms were first released, they were around $425 a night. I don’t know why they went up so much in price this far in advance. I searched and don’t see

Does $637 a night, refundable with fees seem like a fair price the beginning of Feb 2025?

When the rooms were first released, they were around $425 a night. I don’t know why they went up so much in price this far in advance. I searched and don’t see
Seems very high compared to last year. Not sure why rates are so high, but I noticed there has been a big jump for December 2024. I booked a King Alcove Resort View room for early December a while back. Now the lowest price room (AP rate, No View, 2 queens) is much more than the rate I was able to book the king alcove room for the same dates. Not sure what’s going on with rates. I would hope rates would decrease in a few months.

Last edited:

I wouldn't pay that much for S/D, personally. With Disney discounts you can get a lot of the deluxes for under $450. Then of course you can rent DVC in the $225-400 range pretty easily. My limit for S/D is around $400 (after tax/fees), but in reality I try to pay $350 or less. I was able to get to $350 for Thanksgiving this year. Otherwise I will just rent DVC if I can be flexible enough to book early. I like S/D but the only appeal for me is paying less than Disney deluxe, so if it's that expensive it's just not for me.

Does anyone know if they offer any bed rails or something similar to help prevent a wiggly toddler from falling off the bed while sleeping?
In the past they have had them, you can see the conversation in this post from 2018. Since things change I would grab the Swan Dolphin Mobile App and use the Text feature (upper right) and double check they still have them available.

I know the rooms do not have microwaves, but I'm seeing conflicting things. Are there microwaves on each floor by the ice machine? On some floors? In Fuel or other quick restaurants?

I had asked while planning my trip so I thought I'd report back. I used the bus from the Swan Reserve to Animal Kingdom for early entry 5/1. I went outside at 6:25 and a bus pulled up at 6:35 with two people already onboard from either Dolphin or Swan. We went directly to Animal Kingdom from Reserve. It felt like we were being dropped in the middle of nowhere in the parking lot but it was right by the ride share area and a short walk to security. There's two security areas and when I arrived the one closer to us was quite a bit shorter so that was nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter