Walmart cancelled e-gift card...you tried to tell me!

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
In spite of all the posts with people having issues with this I stupidly thought, oh no it won't happen to me. Wrong.
The purchase went through and within minutes I got a cancellation email, due to unusual activity. Say what?
I called them immediately and they are investigating it further and will get back to me.

Here's my problem. I used a Chase 10% off offer. I already got an email from Chase saying I used my offer. The charge from Walmart is pending but also shows a refund of the purchase amount. Has anyone had any luck negotiating this with Chase so they will allow me to use the offer on another purchase once Walmart resolves this. I fear they will say I already used it so tough darts (paraphrasing of course).

If anyone has had this experience I so would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

It’s gone. There is no negotiating on offers with Chase so let it go this time and go in store next time.

I am sorry this happened to you as it was a good offer but rarely worked. I hope you get it all sorted and your refund. They pending charges usually fall of in a week or so.

In spite of all the posts with people having issues with this I stupidly thought, oh no it won't happen to me. Wrong.
The purchase went through and within minutes I got a cancellation email, due to unusual activity. Say what?
I called them immediately and they are investigating it further and will get back to me.

Here's my problem. I used a Chase 10% off offer. I already got an email from Chase saying I used my offer. The charge from Walmart is pending but also shows a refund of the purchase amount. Has anyone had any luck negotiating this with Chase so they will allow me to use the offer on another purchase once Walmart resolves this. I fear they will say I already used it so tough darts (paraphrasing of course).

If anyone has had this experience I so would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

I had an order of a gift card with a different online retailer cancelled. Meanwhile I had also received the 'used my offer' email from Chase. The 10% discount showed up in my Chase account, even though there was eventually no purchase. I kept waiting for it to be corrected but that never happened and eventually I just used the credit when I used the card again. It was only $5 off $50 gift card so not the end of the world if they eventually want their money back.

I re-ordered the gift card from Walmart but it was the physical card and had no issues. It arrived today. I've never had a problem with them cancelling a physical card. The only reason I tried the emaiI gc was that the other was out of stock. I should have just waited as it became available a week or so later. I learned my lesson for sure. I will never ever order an email gc from Walmart again.
I didn't get the Chase credit from the cancelled one so am optimistic it will work on this one.

I re-ordered the gift card from Walmart but it was the physical card and had no issues. It arrived today. I've never had a problem with them cancelling a physical card. The only reason I tried the emaiI gc was that the other was out of stock. I should have just waited as it became available a week or so later. I learned my lesson for sure. I will never ever order an email gc from Walmart again.
I didn't get the Chase credit from the cancelled one so am optimistic it will work on this one.
I am usually leery of ordering eGC for promotional offers as they are often handled by a third party and charged as a "different" merchant. I know this wasn't your issue, but it's usually better to get physical GCs, unless there is a shipping charge for those.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter