Walkers Wanna Compare Notes??

JEANNE, YOU HAVE ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER ON THE MILES GAME, THE MAJORITY OF THE TEAM CAPTAINS WANTED TO GO AHEAD AND PUT THE SUBS ON TEAMS SO YOU GOT GATORPHIPPS, SHE CAN KNOCK OUT SOME MILES.

War Panda:hippie:

Thanks for the head-up, Dave! You won't believe what I did yesterday......one of the new people posted on the Ohana thread and I proceeded to tell her she was on the wrong thread!:guilty: I didn't realize we were going over 12 members and I cannot keep up with all the new threads.
Not to worry, I got everything straightened out and we're all good. But I do appreciate you posting it here.....you know this is my home address! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the head-up, Dave! You won't believe what I did yesterday......one of the new people posted on the Ohana thread and I proceeded to tell her she was on the wrong thread!:guilty: I didn't realize we were going over 12 members and I cannot keep up with all the new threads.
Not to worry, I got everything straightened out and we're all good. But I do appreciate you posting it here.....you know this is my home address! :thumbsup2

I realized you didn't know dear so I took care of it. You have a real power house in Gator, people will be whinning about you getting a triathlete but oh well.

Good morning walker friends.:love:

Happy Panda:hippie:

Everyone is up early and chatting this morning. I however, should be getting ready for work:confused3

Have a great day

Kim

Welcome 39Cinderella:welcome:

Morning to all my fellow walkers.

Dave--- I have read most of the Bio's on the teams and it seems I am the oldest person of any of the teams. I am even older than you so can I get some handicap miles or hours added to account for my old age. :rotfl2: Alot of these people could be my children.

Jeanne-- I'm glad you are the captain as I am having even more trouble than you trying to keep up with who is on our team. Beth seems to know the teams better than I do. Of course she is one of those young ones that I mentioned earlier.

Yesterday did 4 miles on TM. Will go to the gym again tonight, but of course the first day of the team challenge is usually my day not to do any exercise. I guess I will have to look if I can at least squeeze in a 30 minute WATP video.

Nancy

Dave--- I don't think I have thanked you for all the hard work you put into getting the team challenge started. You are great. :cheer2:

Your devoted princess. Nancy princess:

Dave--- I don't think I have thanked you for all the hard work you put into getting the team challenge started. You are great. :cheer2:

Your devoted princess. Nancy princess:

Darlin, I'm the one that's blessed. I get to hang out with the pretty princesses and the the cool guys on the WISH. If I can contribute to the fun and fellowship on here I feel honored.

Oh by the way you are not the oldest on here and even if you were the years have been kind to all of you princesses.

Today is Connie's Birth Day, she is another year better. Connie you're looking good Birthday Lady.:) :flower3:

I had the pleasure of sharing Erica's Birthday with her on the day of the Goofy half.

Hakuna Matata Panda:hippie:

Hi Everyone!

I don't know how I'll keep up with all these threads this year, but I'm going to give it a valiant effort!

I am much better than yesterday and the day before, my stomach bug is all gone. Just in time for me to get into the miles challenge! :woohoo:

I am really excited about being on a team, and having a higher goal than "getting a workout". I definitely need that motivation. Last year I did great with the long walks, it was the other training I pretty much slacked off on. Not this year! I will be well-rounded, thanks to Dave!

Dave -- Just to reiterate Nancy's comments -- Thanks so much for all you do for us, we really do appreciate you:love:

Connie -- :bday: Why don't you do alot today so you can rest up tomorrow?:rolleyes1

Nancy -- You are movin', movin', movin' -- way faster than some of us!:cutie:

Kim -- How's your work day goin'? I'm taking a lunch break and catching up online. :surfweb:

Jeanne -- You picked up our team member, no one was left behind, it's all good:hug:

39Cinderella -- Welcome! This is such a great thread. I have learned so much, and everyone is a riot!:lmao:

Robert -- Stop sending the snow this way!:scared1:

Wendy -- Track those miles and get credit! We want Team Ohana to win fair and square, so you have to post everything you do!:rotfl:

Everyone have an awesome, walking day!
Maria

:bday: Happy Birthday, Connie! :bday:

And a much belated Happy Birthday to Erica because I can't remember if I wished her one or not. :bday:

Maria! I am so glad you are feeling so much better today!! No really, I am. It just would be so unfair of me to take advantage of you while you are sick!! :)

I am planning a good long walk tomorrow, if the weather is better. Or at least the wind dies down...otherwise, I will have to get on a bike. Sad thing, that bike riding!! :woohoo: Today, is just an hour of XT!!

Nancy you are NOT old! You are fine...like wine and cheese and all the really important stuff in life! But we will still beatcha!! :rotfl:

Happy belated birthday to those I've missed!

This thread is hard to keep up with!

Question (probably dumb): since I'm not enjoying the TM, does mall walking work? I'm considering getting up early and hitting the mall before opening on Sunday morning for my long day....

Happy belated birthday to those I've missed!

This thread is hard to keep up with!

Question (probably dumb): since I'm not enjoying the TM, does mall walking work? I'm considering getting up early and hitting the mall before opening on Sunday morning for my long day....

Yes mall walking is wonderful. That's where I trained in the winter before I joined a health club and I still walk on Sundays while I'm waiting for Erica to get off. I taught myself to racewalk in the mall.

The mall walking counts as hours and as miles.

Maria, you are a sweet lady, I'm glad you are part of our rag tag little group.

Bill, happy Birthday my friend.

Is everyone ready to log their workouts tomorrow?

Have a restfull night everyone.

Sleepy Panda:hippie:

Morning everyone.

Happy Birthday to Connie and Bill.

:bday: We had alot of birthdays in January.

Didn't make it to the gym last night got home late from work and I didn't want to miss LOST so skipped out on the gym. I have been faithfully following WW but I don't believe I lost any weigh according to my scale I gained 1/2 pound. :confused3 I think I am going to have to start to eat all my exercise points and flex points which I haven't been doing. Made no crab sandwiches this week maybe that made the difference. :rotfl2:

Had some freezing rain this morning, but by the time I went to work roads were just wet. Thanks goodness.

Robert--- How are you doing?

I am subscribed to so many threads it is difficult to keep up, but this is my home thread so will try to post each day.

Have a great day everyone.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy!

Okay, today begins it! I am getting in marathon shape, first stop OKC 1/2 and then on to Disney (I hope). My SIL is willing to go anytime I am ready....Let's just say, I am ready but my endurance isn't quite there, yet! We are planning to do the 5K together and then I will give the marathon a go! Yay, me!

Everybody work hard starting today! It's a new day for each of and our new bodies are just over the horizon! We will all be winners!

Good Morning team!!!!!!

Sorry Bill I didn't know it was your birthday......HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!!!:hug:

Feeling great this morning, got the all clear from the Dr last night.:woohoo:

Time to get into shape.

We are definaltey doing the full at disney next year.

This year, all I have planned is a 1/2 in May and either the full or 1/2 again in Sept. Haven't decided for sure on that one yet.

WHO SENT ALL THIS SNOW MY WAY!!!! We are getting pelted with snow today and yup I came to work, or well......maybe lots of surfing time:rolleyes1
No Robert, I am not on phones:lmao:

How are you doing by the way??? Hope the leg is healing as expected.

Kim

Good morning everyone.

I'm starting the contest still nursing a sore swollen achillies on my left foot, it's still mad from the Goofy. I'm letting it heal proberly though. Robert my friend you need to do your healing smart to. I know you have more courage and determination that most, but you need the proper rest and rehab right now.

I had to get a new pair of work shoes yesterday, the hard leather was hurting my achillies big time, so I lucked into a pair of RocPort soft walking shoes in the clearance of Shoe Sensation. They are black so I could wear with my suit. The relief was instant.

Everyone do good today and survive the crap mama nature throws at us.

Attack Pandapirate:

Hi all:flower3:

I have been trying to digest my post op appt from Weds. I knew what was coming from the 2 min conversation with the surgeon when I was waking up in the recovery room before being wheeled to my room. Linda and all the staff were telling me how great it was not to have the microfracture surgery and it only being a scope. Dr talked to Linda for a while and he brought a different take to her.

When I was waking up Dr told me that he did biopsy of my cartilage to send to lab. He told me he cleaned up area but there was a "defect" afterwards. He said the lab could grow new cartilage(my own) and put back in me. This would require full(no scope) surgery and a very long recovery(like what was expected with microfracture surgery). I asked if it biopsy could last until Jan 09 so could do Goofy again. He didn't know.

Fast forward to post op appt. He showed me pics of knee and everything looked good inside and called it "pristine". Recovery from surgery was going well and able to walk around. The only problem was this "defect" area. I asked option of doing nothing and doing surgery. He mentioned if nothing done, the cartilage could shread again(this is weight bearing area) and need scope. As cartilage goes away, it would become bone on bone with bone spurs and more scope. This would lead to a long term arthritis and knee replacement in about 10 yrs. I am too young for that:eek:

Surgery(Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (ACI)) is a 2 step process that starts with biopsy and removal of cartilage cells(1st op). The lab grows new cartilage cells for 5 weeks. Operation 2 would require an incision on my shin to remove part of the sheath to act as a cover for defective area. They sew it over leaving just one stitch left when they then inject the new cells into the defect. They than close the area. Recovery is long and no weight bearing for 2 months to allow the new cells to grow and fill in the hole. The final product is a new strong original strength cartilage. The benefit over Microfracture is that the drilling of holes in bone and forced bleeding is that the new secondary cartilage is dead and not very stron and durable. ACI will allow for original strength cartilage that should last much long. Recovery to low impact activites is 6 months, moderate activities 9-12 months and high impact 12-16 months. Hooked to CPM unit for 1st 6 weeks and 3-5 months PT. This allows everything to succeed. If interested here is a link to the labs website http://www.carticel.com/patients/whattoexpect/implant-procedure.aspx .

Linda and decided that since I have maxed my out of pocket payments for insurance in 2008 with surgery #1. If insuurance will pay, I hope to have surgery on 3/27/08. With the move and other issues, this is the best time. This unfortunately kills DL 1/2, ToT 13K, and Goofy 09. I might(and might) be able to grandma pace 5K at DL(it would be 5 months). WDW 5K would be 9 1/2 months so no problem going slow there. We still plan for be at WDW for ToT & F&W. Linda will probably do race while I enjoy all the rides to myself.
I will know more on thing over the next week for full confirmation of timing. I will keep everyone up to date as things progress.

Sorry for long post but as I feared the good news of short recovery was blown out of the water.

Robert that is wise to go ahead and get it done. We have a lot more years of racing ahead so a few months of healing and a year of taking it easy will just make you stronger when you return to the racing.

I need to remember that myself. I'm being smart right now and not trying to force the issue with my tendon.

Healing Panda:hippie:

Wow, Robert, I'm so sorry about the news. I know your heart must be breaking that you won't be able to do hardly any events for at least a year. Please keep the larger picture in mind, though. If the surgery you describe is what needs to be done, then by all means, go for it. You need to think of your future well-being and do what is best for that. There will be many, many more Disney races in your future and you will be able to do them with a strong, healthy knee. Being a spectator has its rewards also, so it won't be all bad. You'll be able to sleep in late, eat and drink whatever you want, avoid post-event soreness, etc, etc. And don't worry about Linda.....we folks at the back of the pack will take good care of her.

Sending pixie dust to cheer you up....pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter