Walk time from PBH?

Tigerlilypad

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

What is the approximate walk time from PBH to CityWalk and then to IoA? Have been to US a couple times, but this is my first time staying on property. Very excited! Staying in Club Level room at PBH thanks to AAA discount!

If you walk along the water (along the path) it is about 15 minutes. If you take the short cut it is under 10.

Here is the short cut. Walk out the road and to the Hard Rock Driveway. When you see the parking lot on the right go in there. Turn left and walk all the way to the end of all the parking lots. There will be a road on your right, follow it all the way and you will end up at the same place the other path lets you out.

Thanks for the info, esp the short cut. How about water taxi time. Am starting to have second thoughts about PBH due to the distance. It looks like a beautiful resort and am excited about staying there, but am concerned about the distance to the parks. Would it be better to stay at HRH or RPR? Four adults, no kids?

Thanks for the info, esp the short cut. How about water taxi time. Am starting to have second thoughts about PBH due to the distance. It looks like a beautiful resort and am excited about staying there, but am concerned about the distance to the parks. Would it be better to stay at HRH or RPR? Four adults, no kids?

Water taxi is about 2 minutes longer than from HRH.

I wouldn't let the distance deter you. It is my favourite hotel. If you take the shortcut it is the same distance as from the RPR. The biggest difference is that the RPR walk will get you closest to IOA and the other two hotels get you closest to USF.

No kids? I would definitely chose the PBH especially if you want to use a pool. There are three pools at PBH and one of them is more adult themed with poolside service and cabanas available. The kids usually prefer the larger pool with the slide which on the other side of the building. Near the harbor there is a bar that was always very quiet when we were there (in July) and another one inside the hotel. The walk to the parks is not that bad and if you stick to the regular path it is actually quite pretty and relaxing. You can always take the water taxi and there were pedicabs available at the dock.

PBH is our favorite resort. You will love it! The walk to the parks/Citiwalk never seems as long as the walk back when I am exhausted! What is nice about PBH is that you walk by the boat launch to get to the walkway so you can see if a boat is coming or just left to see if walking is quicker in the event you are tryihg to get somewhere at a certain time.

As to the shortcut, DH and I tried it last summer and got lost and then it stormed, soaking us. I printed out Damo's instructions and will let DH take the lead this time!

I took step-by-step pictures of the shortcut through the HRH parking lot to the parks.

Walk past the boat dock and bear right at the split. Unless you'd like to take the long walk, do NOT follow this sign. (After passing the 'garden walk entrance', I turned around to take a picture...facing the hotel.) Once you get to the corner, you can turn around and look behind you toward the hotel. This is the view crossing the street to HRH. Walking up toward the HRH....turning at your first right (before the hotel) into the self-parking lot. You can clearly see you are heading toward the old HRC (in the background). Just before you would exit the parking lot (to the access road), follow the parking lot and bear left. This is more self-parking. (See the Studios in the distance?) Walk through the parking lot, until you spot a 'break' in the trees/bushes on your right. There is a pathway hidden at parking spot #627. A short path to the parks. The path actually comes out near the bus stop.

eta: the first time we took this way, we actually took the access road next to the parking lot. stopping to take pix of old HRC, it was exactly 11 min. So, w/ cutting THRU the HRH parking lot, figure about the same amount of time or close to it.

I took step-by-step pictures of the shortcut through the HRH parking lot to the parks.

Walk past the boat dock and bear right at the split. Unless you'd like to take the long walk, do NOT follow this sign. (After passing the 'garden walk entrance', I turned around to take a picture...facing the hotel.) Once you get to the corner, you can turn around and look behind you toward the hotel. This is the view crossing the street to HRH. Walking up toward the HRH....turning at your first right (before the hotel) into the self-parking lot. You can clearly see you are heading toward the old HRC (in the background). Just before you would exit the parking lot (to the access road), follow the parking lot and bear left. This is more self-parking. (See the Studios in the distance?) Walk through the parking lot, until you spot a 'break' in the trees/bushes on your right. There is a pathway hidden at parking spot #627. A short path to the parks. The path actually comes out near the bus stop.

eta: the first time we took this way, we actually took the access road next to the parking lot. stopping to take pix of old HRC, it was exactly 11 min. So, w/ cutting THRU the HRH parking lot, figure about the same amount of time or close to it.

OMG! Great instructions. I am a visual person so the pictures are very helpful. Will definitely try it again this summer. Thanks for posting!

I love the second to last picture with your husband and kid staring back at you. Its apparent that you are being very annoying and getting on their last nerve. :)

Wow! Great photo details. Very helpful. I am definitely a visual person. And thank you all for your reassuring comments on PBH. Am really looking forward to the trip!

I love the second to last picture with your husband and kid staring back at you. Its apparent that you are being very annoying and getting on their last nerve. :)

:laughing: not really. They are used to me taking pictures of EVERYTHING for this board (& our own memories). They know that if we are all walking along and I'm suddenly not there, they stop and turn around to look for me.

Mof...my DH is REALLY wonderful about me taking all sorts of pictures on our vacations (i think we took just over 600 pix on a 4 nite Disney cruise! :lmao:...HE even reminds ME to take food pix!)

Lemme think....I have a pic from our group on Spidey....a pic of some of us on MIB, on Dudley, some of us on Jaws, Poseidon, from the queue and instructional part of Simpsons.... Oh...have lots of pix from being ON Popeye....

I'd have to skim back thru my TRs to see all what I have.

I keep my camera in my pocket so it's always handy
:thumbsup2

Thank you Bubba's Mom for taking the time to help us newbies navigate our way. This thread should be a sticky.

nah...doesn't deserve a sticky.

but i remember being a noobie around here. To this day, I'm still very good friends with the first few ppl who really helped me.

I always try to remember to put pictures in my TR or mention things I see people posting about.

I will never forget how helpful people were to me...I'm just stickin around and paying it forward. :teeth:

besides....all the pix & info help US remember our trips in greater detail too.

Bubba's Mom, I want to thank you again for taking the time to post the pictures. :goodvibes Even though we ended up staying in HRH, it turned out to be a very useful shortcut for us as well. It definitely cut 2-3 minutes off the standard scenic path. One time we went for dinner off site after leaving Universal Studios. We headed straight to our car and we estimated it was short 4 minutes walk. Awesome!

My DH was impressed. I don't think I will hear any more complains about spending too much time on disboards :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter