Walk from Poly to VGF gym?

Adg0428

Mouseketeer
Hubs is beside himself that Poly doesn’t have its own gym 🙄 How bad is the walk over to VGF?

Hubs is beside himself that Poly doesn’t have its own gym 🙄 How bad is the walk over to VGF?
It's a bit of a walk given that the Poly DVC buildings are as far away from VGF as they can be. Getting across Poly property is the biggest obstacle, IMO. Once you've reached the other side of Poly, it's a very pleasant walk.

P.S. - There's always the monorail as an alternative to walking.

It's a bit of a walk given that the Poly DVC buildings are as far away from VGF as they can be. Getting across Poly property is the biggest obstacle, IMO. Once you've reached the other side of Poly, it's a very pleasant walk.

P.S. - There's always the monorail as an alternative to walking.

he hates the monorail so I’m sure he wouldn’t love that lol

It's not a bad walk at all. We were on the resort monorail when it broke down at the TTC. We walked all the way from there, through poly, to GF...my kids even managed it! :)

Im not sure you’d be allowed to use the VGF gym. The Poly and VGF pools are both excluded from pool hopping, which was supposed to be a DVC perk cash didn’t get.

I’ve seen plenty of people on the running trails outside poly.

@RoseGold - That must be new because people at the Poly were always allowed to use the gym at Grand Floridian since Poly is a deluxe resort without a gym of their own.

I actually read my whole poly contract, and I didn’t see that. I guess it’s possible it’s allowed, but it’s not in the poly association documents. We only bought for a room at our home resort, right?

Im not sure you’d be allowed to use the VGF gym. The Poly and VGF pools are both excluded from pool hopping, which was supposed to be a DVC perk cash didn’t get.

I’ve seen plenty of people on the running trails outside poly.
We were just at the Poly eating and they had a sign that said to use to VGF gym for fitness activities.

Just like Bay Lake Tower. There is no gym there, so we’ve been directed to use the one at the Contemporary. At BW V you need to scan your magic band to unlock the door, so I’m assuming a similar thing at GF.

With all the walking you do at WDW, who needs a gym? Just for upper body I suppose.

I used the GF gym multiple times while staying at the Poly in September. I would say it's about 10 minutes, so not bad, but if it's early, it's dark and a little confusing trying to get over there. FWIW, the sign on the door said it opened at maybe 6:00 AM, but my band allowed me to enter earlier than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter