Waffling on my reservation!!

SwimChicSQ

Mouseketeer
I have booked a standard studio at Kidani for Dec 9-14. There will be just two adults so no issues with fitting; but would I be better to book a studio at OKW??

Thanks for any thoughts!

I have booked a standard studio at Kidani for Dec 9-14. There will be just two adults so no issues with fitting; but would I be better to book a studio at OKW??

Thanks for any thoughts!

If you want two real beds, go with OKW. If you will both be in the queen, I would stay with Kidani. Keeping the sofabed closed makes the room seem bigger. Even with a standard room, there are several spots you can go to watch the animals.

Changing to OKW is only going to save you 3 points, but if you need those three for another trip, that would be a good reason to switch. The point about the two queen beds is also a good one, if the two adults do not plan on sharing a bed.

Keep in mind that it can be chilly that time of the year, and at AKV-Kidani, you have inside hallways, a community center, Sanaa/Lounge all with easy access. And with the buses and shuttle van, you can hop over to Jambo for Boma, Jiko and/or Victoria Falls. The OKW dining/lounge options can't compare -- unless you count access to DTD via boat.

I like the balconies at Kidani better, although the standard view rooms sometimes overlook the bus stop. I would suggest asking for a pool view, which may afford you a side view of the Pembe savanna. There are still plenty of places to view the savannas -- even looking out the hall windows.

The bus system from AKV is very good, and the park buses stop at Kidani first, then to Jambo, then to the park. We did not like the multiple stops at OKW when we stayed there in the past.

Certainly, if you have never stayed at Kidani, then this would be a great time to try it. We think the holiday decor at Kidani is really beautiful. No matter what you decide, you will be at WDW during the holidays, which is awesome!

If you are sharing a bed then I would say stay with Kidani. We have stayed at both and while we love OKW 1 bedroom we find the studios to be more like a motel room and less like a high end hotel room. Love the Kidani balconies and the access to views of the animals. Kidani has more atmosphere. However, if your looking for some romance there is nothing like the boat ride from OKW to DTD and back after dark.

I guess I should have said that I am traveling with mom; neither of us mind pullout have slept on them at BLT, SSR and BWV with no real issues.

From the sounds of it I think we will stick with what we've got! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter