VWL Pin

mkkim

Mouseketeer
Sorry to bring this topic up once again (I've read the previous threads)... but I wanted to know if anyone out there has received a VWL pin within the last few weeks or so? I closed on my purchase at VWL at the end of April. I received a nice license plate from the Marketing Dept. (but can't use it here in NJ!). I am wondering if they are still sending the VWL pins out. I know I won't recieve the permanent member card and tote for awhile but should I receive a pin before that? I know it's not the end of the world if I don't receive one, but I collect pins and would really like to have one since you can't buy them. Has anyone out there received a pin lately?

We recieved our pin with our tote. We signed all the papers down at Disney though....I would call and ask your guide....they may have just forgotten to send one.

Their may be someone out there willing to trade you. I asked for a video and got a nice copy. Many nice people here. :pinkbounc

I recieved my pin around a month ago. Have been members since 99.

We closed in late January. About a month later we got a pin. Another month, or so, went by and we got our official membership cards and the tote. No license plate.

We closed on April 18th. We received the new tote and permanent id cards about 1-2 weeks later and just received the license plate (also in NJ, so I can't use it) this week. No pin yet.:D

I think I would call your guide also if you don't see the pins within a couple more weeks. A month after our close I called MS about making sure I was on the mailing list for the member mag. I inquired about the pin and she put me in touch with the Marketing Dept. 5 days later I had my pins. Try them also. Today we received the license plate, 2 months after our closing. If you strike out with the Marketing Dept, e-mail me, I may have the # for the person I spoke with. GOOD LUCK!:cool: :cool: :cool:

I never got a WLV pin either. I finally emailed member services and explained that I had recently purchased a rather large (for me anyway) add-on and never received as much as a thank you from my guide. I received a WLV pin in the mail last week, about 10 days after my email. I never got a reply to my email nor did the pin come with an explanation. I can only guess that the email resulted in my receiving the pin.

Gary

Do you usually get a gift with an add on? We added on at VWL last month. Should I call somewhere? We got the tote bag after our first purchase 2 years ago.

I recieved my pin about a month ago and just like Bill K I've been a member since 99.

We were at WDW last week and stopped in to meet our guide and she gave us VWL pins when we met (we didn't even ask for them). We closed in early May and signed papers for an add-on (already) while we were down there.

We just bought in at VWL about 3 weeks ago when we were actually onsite. The pins were given to us when we got the Tote bag.

I'd ring them.

Penny! :D

We too closed in late April.
We received our permanent cards and tote a few weeks later.
Haven't received a pin or licensed plate though.

Wow... looks like there is no rhyme or reason has how these nice little gifts are distributed. I actually bought at VWL site unseen. A few weeks ago I had an opportunity to actually visit my guide and the property. He was very nice... showed me around the rooms at the DVC HeadQuarters and gave me a bag of cotton candy. I never saw a pin. But.... I made my way over to VWL and a very, very nice DVC staff member gave me a GRAND TOUR and a year 2000 DVC pin but not VWL pin.
Anyway, now I am getting a little nervous it looks like some of you closed when I did and have already received your member cards and totes....looks like a call to MS is coming! Thank you all for your responses! It's nice to know I am not alone.

After reading about the VWL pins and license plates, I sent an email to MS this morning. Already got an email back. Thought some of you might be interested in seeing my email and hearing MS's reply.

Once again, Disney puts the Customer as a top priority.

Dear Member Services,

We recently purchased 200 pts at VWL and became DVC members for the first time in April.
I wanted to make sure we were on the mailing list for the member newsletter, etc.

Also, I have been informed by several other members that they had received VWL pins and DVC License plates recently from the marketing department.
If this is true, are we eligible to receive these materials as well?

Thanks,

Hello Chris:
Thank you for contacting Member Services. I have forwarded your requests to the appropriate departments. If there are any remaining license plates or pins, I am sure they will send them to you. All Vacation Club Members will be on our mailing list. If your address should change, please fax it to us and we will keep it up-to-date.
If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.
Have a Magical Day!
Beatrice

Disney Vacation Club Member Services
Phone: 1- 800- 800- 9800
International: (407) 566- 3800
Fax: (407) 566- 3939
After reading about the VWL pins and license plates, I sent an email to MS this morning. Already got an email back. Thought some of you might be interested in hearing the reply. :D :sunny: :D

Guess who is e-mailing MS promptly! I'll let you know what happens. Thanks so much for your input! I hope this works!:rolleyes:

I also emailed them--we just did add on- no pin-no gift- I do realize they don't have to, but they most know how much those gifts are enjoyed. Also mentioned in email that they should have a larger selection of DVC merchandise and that it should be available online. Does anyone agree there would be a market out there?

I just got off the phone with MS. They are sending out a pin. They told me it would take about 3-4 weeks. No word on the permanent cards or tote. I'll have to wait closer to 90 days for that I guess.

We closed on April 25th. We got our tote bag with the offering plans tucked inside after our initial inquiry. Just yesterday we received our license plate but haven't received membership cards yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter