VWL - here now...am I a terrible person?

I would just agree with them that VWL should have bought better sleepers. I would not even acknowledge that you are considering switching. I bet as they get more tired they will sleep better from exhaustion lol. Maybe you can even mention that next time you all go together you'll either have to combine points for a two bedroom or just get two studios.

Not a terrible person. This is also what we do. Our points=we get the master. Their points=they do.

I was in a similar situation at Boardwalk last October. We had a car and my mother bought an egg crate at WalMart for $15 or so. It made enough of a difference to make the pull out fine for the both of them. The resort may also have them to borrow, but they were cheap enough to buy. I spent the year before on the pull out and gave them the bedroom at AKL and the pull out there was not very comfortable. It really does depend if you are a soft mattress or firm mattress person I guess.

As someone in your parents' generation, I'm surprised that your parents would complain, having known in advance what the arrangements were going to be. They are the ones who should have taken their physical condition into consideration when they agreed to the arrangements in the first place. It's kind of rude to first accept a gift of an accommodation, and then hint around once you get on property that you want a free upgrade. That being said, I think it makes sense to help them find a way to make the pull-out as comfortable as possible. An egg crate or aerobed is a great idea.

Very simple. They are your parents. You make them as comfortable as possible. Even if that means letting them have the bed.

This was the way I was brought up. The elders (parents or grandparents) in the family get the better bed. They have the right to refuse it and often did. Now that I am getting older, I realize you just have more pains as you age and good bed is important. I did not have these problems with a bed when I was younger. But we often stay in a hotel we book so we don't displace any family.

If you feel guilty that they are uncomfortable, would it make you feel better to give up the king bed? If not keep the set up you have. If your parents want a bed they can book a non-DVC reservation for the rest of the stay or even go off site.

Have to say that since the bed toppers seem to have been removed from most of the beds, everything is a harder surface to sleep on so they'll have just as much trouble with the king. Leave the arrangement as is.

If you have any access to a car it might be worth hitting the local Walmart/Target and buying toppers for both :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter