• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Oh the pressure . . . since we had to cancel our December trip, and where normally I would have been getting the first in the morning whisper of how many sleeps left, I am now getting the countdown to the Big Honkin' Groupie Christmas Meet. I know it is adding to the "Christmas stress" for DiznyDi by not participating, but you all will be in our thoughts on the big day.

Oh the pressure . . . since we had to cancel our December trip, and where normally I would have been getting the first in the morning whisper of how many sleeps left, I am now getting the countdown to the Big Honkin' Groupie Christmas Meet. I know it is adding to the "Christmas stress" for DiznyDi by not participating, but you all will be in our thoughts on the big day.
:grouphug:
I can only offer sympathy from the experience of having to cancel things because of my operation. Right now, our friends are enjoying the NYC to San Juan cruise we all were booked on.

My 12 weeks are over tomorrow, but the foot is still swollen. I have ordered a scooter.

Do what you need to do, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hello:wave2:

I have a question for you guys. I am planning to take my teenage daughters to WDW next fall on our first "mother/daughter" trip. Yup, we are leaving dad at home:lmao:. We own at AKV and I have us booked in a studio there for 7 nights, arriving on a Friday. It's a long, convoluted story, but basically, we'd like to stay elsewhere for 6 nights, since I don't have enough points for 7. So, I'm thinking about doing a split stay. Ideally, I want to split between an Epcot area (BCV preferably) and a MK area resort. BLT, GFV and Poly are out...too many points...so that brings me to CCV and BRV....which brings me to this thread:wave:.

I'm torn between CCV and BRV and I am trying to weigh the pros and cons. Here's what I am looking at so far. The girls will be 13 and 15 when we go. None of us particularly want to share a bed and none of us like the fold outs. With BRV, there are 3 sleeping surfaces...spread over 3 nights, we could rotate and it would be completely fair...each of us spends one night in each bed and nobody has to share. (Incidentally, that's why we'd like to spend the other three nights of our trip at BCV...three beds to rotate between!) The rooms at BRV are bigger, but older, and slightly further away from the "action".

Now, the rooms at CCV are GORGEOUS! The layout of the kitchenette is amazing and looks so functional. The rooms might be smaller, but they look so nice. The foldout sofa should be relatively comfortable, since it is new, but it would still require some bed-sharing. There's also the slim chance that we could luck out and score one of those amazing "alternate" studios...OMG! That would be PERFECT! I saw the video of that room on YouTube and that thing is incredible! How many of those are there anyways? WOW!

As much as I love Epcot during the F&W festival and the fact that we've never stayed at BCV (or BRV, or CCV either) we may just try and get all 6 nights at these two resorts since I simply just can't decide. Can any of the experts here provide some insight on my chances at 7 months? I plan to be online at 8am sharp and I am prepared to wait list and stalk if needed. I don't know which resort has the better chance of being available so I don't know which one I should try first.

Any and all advice is appreciated:goodvibes.

I have a question for you guys. I am planning to take my teenage daughters to WDW next fall on our first "mother/daughter" trip. Yup, we are leaving dad at home:lmao:. We own at AKV and I have us booked in a studio there for 7 nights, arriving on a Friday. It's a long, convoluted story, but basically, we'd like to stay elsewhere for 6 nights, since I don't have enough points for 7. So, I'm thinking about doing a split stay. Ideally, I want to split between an Epcot area (BCV preferably) and a MK area resort. BLT, GFV and Poly are out...too many points...so that brings me to CCV and BRV....which brings me to this thread:wave:.

I'm torn between CCV and BRV and I am trying to weigh the pros and cons. Here's what I am looking at so far. The girls will be 13 and 15 when we go. None of us particularly want to share a bed and none of us like the fold outs. With BRV, there are 3 sleeping surfaces...spread over 3 nights, we could rotate and it would be completely fair...each of us spends one night in each bed and nobody has to share. (Incidentally, that's why we'd like to spend the other three nights of our trip at BCV...three beds to rotate between!) The rooms at BRV are bigger, but older, and slightly further away from the "action".

Now, the rooms at CCV are GORGEOUS! The layout of the kitchenette is amazing and looks so functional. The rooms might be smaller, but they look so nice. The foldout sofa should be relatively comfortable, since it is new, but it would still require some bed-sharing. There's also the slim chance that we could luck out and score one of those amazing "alternate" studios...OMG! That would be PERFECT! I saw the video of that room on YouTube and that thing is incredible! How many of those are there anyways? WOW!

As much as I love Epcot during the F&W festival and the fact that we've never stayed at BCV (or BRV, or CCV either) we may just try and get all 6 nights at these two resorts since I simply just can't decide. Can any of the experts here provide some insight on my chances at 7 months? I plan to be online at 8am sharp and I am prepared to wait list and stalk if needed. I don't know which resort has the better chance of being available so I don't know which one I should try first.

First, welcome to the Groupies thread! We're always happy to have folks drop by, and when needed, ask questions. Glad you thought of us!

I agree with bobbiwoz: for sheer bed enjoyment, that would be the way to go. Further, though CC is closer to the action as you say, it's not as if the VWL (most of us here still call the new Boulder Ridge by its old name) rooms are far away. The Villas building is connected to the main Lodge by a covered walkway that takes all of perhaps a minute to walk--you could throw a stone from one and hit the other. Although older, the VWL rooms were refurbished about three years ago, so it's not as though they're terribly old. At the VWL building, you can ask for a pool view (it's the new pool) and if you got that (about a 50-50 chance), you'd overlook some action from there. Further, if you're on that side of the building, chances are very good you'll be able to see EWP from your room and likely even some of the higher explosions of the evening MK fireworks. With the new CC rooms, you may wind up with a room facing the new pool but with no view of the fireworks and perhaps not EWP. Still, they are nice rooms.

As for the 7-month possibility, you don't mention when you're traveling. If it's for the holiday season next year, then your odds are slim. Beyond that, there are a few select times that might be tougher to get than others; otherwise, I'd say your odds are decent. I suspect others will have more to add.

Again, welcome to our little part of the Disney universe!

As for the 7-month possibility, you don't mention when you're traveling. If it's for the holiday season next year, then your odds are slim. Beyond that, there are a few select times that might be tougher to get than others; otherwise, I'd say your odds are decent. I suspect others will have more to add.

Again, welcome to our little part of the Disney universe!

We are going the third week of October. This will be my 5th year in a row going in October and so far, I have gotten very lucky with my reservations, but I know how difficult it can be to get a studio at 7 months. DH and I stayed at WL for our honeymoon in 2002 (DD15 is our Disney souvenir:ssst::earsboy:) and we have not been back there since then. I love the food at Artist Point and I can't wait to try out the new bar and grille.

So hard to say if either will have availability but I think VWL is the more likely since CCV is only partially declared so I think VWL has more rooms in the rotation. I'd also lean towards it because of the sleeping situation. As mentioned it was refurbed a few years ago and got new sleepers at that time so it's pretty standard with most resorts that way.

The alternate studios? I think maybe there are 4 of them. Couldn't be more than 5 or 6 as they were done because of the particular location of some junior suites in the south wing at WL. The other junior suites there became part of the CCV GV's!

Moose Hump Day, Groupies! Hope the week after Turkey Day is going well for you all. We're still trying to get our last day for June at VGC, hawking the online reservation site and hoping our waitlist will come through. We're booked for a room at Paradise Pier and DL Hotel just in case it doesn't. We're torn between the two since the former has CA views but the latter will likely have two sinks and a separate toilet--those become an issue with Luv and DD, just sayin. . .

Moose Hump Day, Groupies! Hope the week after Turkey Day is going well for you all. We're still trying to get our last day for June at VGC, hawking the online reservation site and hoping our waitlist will come through. We're booked for a room at Paradise Pier and DL Hotel just in case it doesn't. We're torn between the two since the former has CA views but the latter will likely have two sinks and a separate toilet--those become an issue with Luv and DD, just sayin. . .

I've been stalking the availability tool too. So far nothing for the last night I'm waiting at VGC but yesterday I was able to snag a club level studio at AKV for 2/23. :woohoo: I really needed 2/23 & 24 but nothing for the 24th & as I've never been able to try club level at AKV I grabbed it. It's just me so I don't mind moving. I had both of those nights booked at Dolphin but I dropped the first night. I know the chances of another club level studio coming through are pretty much zero but I'm hoping a wait list comes through for the 24th in a savannah view studio at least.

I've been stalking the availability tool too. So far nothing for the last night I'm waiting at VGC but yesterday I was able to snag a club level studio at AKV for 2/23. :woohoo: I really needed 2/23 & 24 but nothing for the 24th & as I've never been able to try club level at AKV I grabbed it. It's just me so I don't mind moving. I had both of those nights booked at Dolphin but I dropped the first night. I know the chances of another club level studio coming through are pretty much zero but I'm hoping a wait list comes through for the 24th in a savannah view studio at least.
Woo Hoo! Hang in there, wishing you that bit of luck on securing the remaining day.
Let us know your thoughts on AKV Club. Although I'm an owner there I keep reserving, then chickening out and dropping the reservation in lieu of making sure I'm able to have my mid morning coffee on my balcony with some giraffe and zebra friends. (Love that Kidani has so many 2nd floor rooms that can fulfill this request.)

Last edited:
In 48 hours I'll be winging somewhere over Utah headed to Florida! So much to do before then!!!!! Have gotten a bit side tracked - came down with cold/flu on Sunday and a temp that while around 101 degrees is not fun as an adult. Ugg! So hoping for miraculous recovery today and tomorrow. Also been dealing with hacked credit card numbers. Tricky thieves doing online purchases on Cyber Monday week. Discover card caught the activity and alerted me. Just had a Chase card showing transactions today that I caught, not them, and it's a card I don't use too often so I'm left wondering where and when the numbers were secured. Grrrrrr. Hope I have something active left to pay off Mickey next Thursday or I may be put to work washing dishes.

Nice on the Concierge room @horselover !!! That's where we'll be this week! :) We'll be having some down time so able to take advantage of some of the amenities. When DH is along I believe he drinks the upcharge in espresso - loves his coffee! :coffee:

Wishing everyone good luck with the VGC reservations! It may take awhile but I've often gotten waitlists filled there. And @sleepydog25 if you're worried about that GV being too empty there are west coast groupies who are happy to help with that problem! hehe FYI - don't know if you're aware but there are 2 GV's there. One faces Paradise Pier (4522 it's HA) and the other towards the pool (4513) so if you want to put in a request I'd use which ever room number you'd like to try and stay in.

We, wdrl and I are on our last day of our 10 day Panama Canal Cruise through the new Clara Agua locks. Boy are those locks big. I am amazed at the size of the cargo ships that can go through them. Our ship, the Caribbean Princess had 25 feet on each side of the ship. I miss the little mules (trains) that pull you though the Gatun Locks, but using two (or more on larger ships) tub boats really was interesting. Tomorrow we disembark our ship at Ft. Lauderdale and drive up to WDW for our stay at BLT. Looking forward to seeing many of you on 12/6 at TOTWL.

Just saw this on Humphrey's facebook page:

"Update:
Operational changes have been made to Geyser Point. The QS window is now a To-Go only option, while guests wanting to sit inside the restaurant must check in and be seated. The bar is still a walk up option. The changes took place the other day, and are in efforts to make things less chaotic for both guests and cast members. To-Go seating is available for guests outside of the restaurant."

We were there they day it started. It worked pretty well. We never had a chance to go to GP at night to see if people were still holding places for hours for the fireworks that evening. I did notice that the foliage is tall and dense so that from most of the seats at GP you couldn't see any fireworks anyway.

We, wdrl and I are on our last day of our 10 day Panama Canal Cruise through the new Clara Agua locks. Boy are those locks big. I am amazed at the size of the cargo ships that can go through them. Our ship, the Caribbean Princess had 25 feet on each side of the ship. I miss the little mules (trains) that pull you though the Gatun Locks, but using two (or more on larger ships) tub boats really was interesting. Tomorrow we disembark our ship at Ft. Lauderdale and drive up to WDW for our stay at BLT. Looking forward to seeing many of you on 12/6 at TOTWL.

We will be on Caribbean Princess in January!!

Did you go to the Visitor Center in Panama? We were on Island Princess 2 years ago. The EBPC on DCLwas something we had to cancel due to my operation, so we booked Princess because I really wanted to see the new locks!

In 48 hours I'll be winging somewhere over Utah headed to Florida! So much to do before then!!!!! Have gotten a bit side tracked - came down with cold/flu on Sunday and a temp that while around 101 degrees is not fun as an adult. Ugg! So hoping for miraculous recovery today and tomorrow. Also been dealing with hacked credit card numbers. Tricky thieves doing online purchases on Cyber Monday week. Discover card caught the activity and alerted me. Just had a Chase card showing transactions today that I caught, not them, and it's a card I don't use too often so I'm left wondering where and when the numbers were secured. Grrrrrr. Hope I have something active left to pay off Mickey next Thursday or I may be put to work washing dishes.

Nice on the Concierge room @horselover !!! That's where we'll be this week! :) We'll be having some down time so able to take advantage of some of the amenities. When DH is along I believe he drinks the upcharge in espresso - loves his coffee! :coffee:

Wishing everyone good luck with the VGC reservations! It may take awhile but I've often gotten waitlists filled there. And @sleepydog25 if you're worried about that GV being too empty there are west coast groupies who are happy to help with that problem! hehe FYI - don't know if you're aware but there are 2 GV's there. One faces Paradise Pier (4522 it's HA) and the other towards the pool (4513) so if you want to put in a request I'd use which ever room number you'd like to try and stay in.

I hope you feel better soon Kathy. Sorry on the credit card hack. Never fun to go through that.

One of the reasons I grabbed that club level room is this trip (and the 1st few days in particular) I plan to do not much of anything. I will happily hang around AKV eating snacks & drinking free booze! :laughing: I do hope a wait list comes through for night 2 at either Kidani or Jambo for a savannah view studio. It would be nice to not have to change rooms plus I've only stayed at AKV once. Most of my trips are centered around some event (usually at Epcot) & I haven't wanted to be out in the AK area. I really do like being able to walk to whatever park I'm going to. The benefits of BLT & the Epcot resorts. I need to walk off all the food & drinks!

I hope you feel better soon Kathy. Sorry on the credit card hack. Never fun to go through that.

One of the reasons I grabbed that club level room is this trip (and the 1st few days in particular) I plan to do not much of anything. I will happily hang around AKV eating snacks & drinking free booze! :laughing: I do hope a wait list comes through for night 2 at either Kidani or Jambo for a savannah view studio. It would be nice to not have to change rooms plus I've only stayed at AKV once. Most of my trips are centered around some event (usually at Epcot) & I haven't wanted to be out in the AK area. I really do like being able to walk to whatever park I'm going to. The benefits of BLT & the Epcot resorts. I need to walk off all the food & drinks!

Thanks Julie! Was just tired today and not focusing real well so tomorrow's going to be hectic getting ready! Oh the problems of going on vacation. :rotfl2:

A resort focused stay sounds like a great way to enjoy Concierge! Hoping that your waitlist comes thru. I'm kind of similar - being next to MK or Epcot tends to be my favorite since we're also often there for particular events like F&W or F&G but I do love the AKL/AKV resort so we sneak in stays there too.

Yep, we've set two different waitlists, so hopefully one of those will come through. We've a long way to go yet, and we also stalk the online reservations site, as well. We'd even be willing to take an extra night in a GV. We put in our request for the Paradise Pier view, but the other GV appears to have a great view of pool area, so it's not like we'd be slumming if we got that instead. If'n we need extra visitors to help fill the room, I'll be sure to put out an APB here on the Groupies thread! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter