VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

What would I be doing? Sitting on the balcony (or in a rocking chair), wine in hand, listening to the Lodge music. Nothing speaks to me more than hearing the Lodge music. I especially like the chirruping of the crickets at night, piped in or not. pirate: Then, it would likely be off to eat somewhere around 5-5:30, say, Sanaa or Jiko. Whatever I did, it would be relaxing.

Will the Lodge have Easter Eggs on Display? We are staying at GF for two nights in April because I absolutely love seeing Easter Egg displays. Then we head to BCV and I make the rounds there.

I never went to the WL to see Easter Egg displayed. Are they any?

From Contemporary last year
1676323428175.jpeg

Will the Lodge have Easter Eggs on Display? We are staying at GF for two nights in April because I absolutely love seeing Easter Egg displays. Then we head to BCV and I make the rounds there.

View attachment 739466
I believe the egg displays are kept to the resorts with the large confectionary kitchens such as Boardwalk, Contemporary and the Grand Floridian.

Didn't know the Beach club had a display.

View attachment 739466
I'm fairly certain I've seen something there in the past but did not visit last year. Only took in the GF display and the few at CR.

Disney-valentine.png

Here are some from the Yacht Club and the Beach Club last year.
I believe the egg displays are kept to the resorts with the large confectionary kitchens such as Boardwalk, Contemporary and the Grand Floridian.

Didn't know the Beach club had a display.
1676489145632.jpeg1676489213612.jpeg1676489260404.jpeg
1676489442723.jpeg

I hope someone here will mention if they’ve ever seen any at WL.

Ok groupies. Just back from my trip and I have to say GoTG is awesome.
Envious! 😂
I suspect GotG (and Tron) will be like Frozen Ever After with me... I'll get around to it when the new factor dies off. That should be around 2034.

I saw there were Tron previews for DVC owners staying on property. Sadly I had cancelled my trip which would have qualified me for that, but I had gotten in on the Remy previews some time back when those happened, so that was my turn at getting in on something special.

Last edited:
Envious! 😂
I suspect GotG (and Tron) will be like Frozen Ever After with me... I'll get around to it when the new factor dies off. That should be around 2034.

I saw there were Tron previews for DVC owners staying on property. Sad I had cancelled that trip but I had gotten in on the Remy previews back when those happened, so that was my turn at getting in on something special.
Oh no - don't wait!!!
Happenstance made me very lucky. I was doing Disney with my great niece so lots more Dumbo than anything else. :laughing: But on an Epcot day I decided to do the virtual queue and after dinner when she was under her mom's care I made the mad dash across Epcot from the IG - arriving 2 minutes before 9pm. Whew! Just a walk on at that point. However it also was a late hours night for Deluxe guests so I had also made a virtual reservation for that too. Off GoTG and right back in line. Now by that point the people I had pushed thru who were waiting for the extra hour spots before 9PM had already filled in the queue but it was only 20 minutes or so and I was on again. Final ride was on the Epcot Moonlight Magic night when I did the same thing with my virtual queue - walk on right before 9pm. I could have ridden a second time but little Miss needed last rides on Nemo and Figment. :teeth:

Tron is the one I thought I was waiting for but reports leave me wondering. I hear it's a very short ride.
Google results show it's about the length of Peter pan (2 minutes). Have not watched any spoiler videos though so cannot confirm.

Cosmic Rewind is shown as 3:20.

Silly, but I'm excited for the water areas being built in EPCOT. The imagineers have put a lot of thought into the design. Curious if they'll need to cordon off the area and give limited access at first. I'm sure one of the complaints is going to be that there's no shade (but that should keep people moving along).

Last edited:
Some brief things from the trip:
LOTS of restaurant availability during the stay. Chef Mickey's was available for reasonable times every evening. (I didn't look for breakfast). So was the Storybook at Artist Pointe and Cindy's table - even saw some Ohana. Ate at several restaurants for the 1st time - Citrico's and Flying Fish were highlights.

Genie+ bookings were easier to get than Oct which had been easier than last April. I guess that's at least in part due to them not selling it at the time of ticket purchase. Didn't want to be slow in trying to book GoTG virtual queue but was never shut out. RoTR and Remy also showed availability for a long time. Slinky Dog kept top spot for hard to get. Purchased Genie+ for my own piece of mind for lines with a busy toddler. haha On a park note - I do love going to MK on days it closes early - it's avoided by many.

SSR - was in same Grandstand location as we were in Oct except 1st floor. Very convenient but could hear too much from the occupants above us. It's my beef about carpeting being removed although even that wouldn't have mattered for some of the noise. I sadly forgot my ear plugs. Will try to not repeat that mistake!
BCV - non-refurbed room but it was in good shape. No complaints at all other than it was the room just to the left of the BCV entry so if you went out on the patio you were saying hi to everyone. ;)

CM's were friendly and helpful. Staffing seems to be getting closer to where it needs to be and it shows.

No visit to the lodge. We were waiting for the boat when nap time hit so I changed plans. Plan is a stay there in late April though which I'm really looking forward to!

A nice video of the 1BR refurbishment in this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/boulder-ridge-refurb-has-begun.3893489/post-64618639

I may not ever get a lakeside request met at VWL :eeyore: but I have had one of these 1BR's that has the extra window in the master bedroom. It makes it nice and bright! A couple other notables for me -it looks like they installed faucets and fixtures with the same finish (the previous refurb had mixed in silvers with the bronze. Perhaps a little OCD of me but geez - it's not that tough to select bronze in an order instead of silver). And they kept the laundry doors with the leaf cut outs. :goodvibes

Hello, after watching the video above about the one bedroom renovation at Boulder Ridge, we decided to switch from Copper Creek. We based it off of comments that DVC is only issuing renovated rooms now and the family room works so much better for my family.

We are a bit concerned, has anyone received a non refurbished room recently? We are heading to Disney the last week of April.

Thanks anyone for the feedback.

A nice video of the 1BR refurbishment in this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/boulder-ridge-refurb-has-begun.3893489/post-64618639

I may not ever get a lakeside request met at VWL :eeyore: but I have had one of these 1BR's that has the extra window in the master bedroom. It makes it nice and bright! A couple other notables for me -it looks like they installed faucets and fixtures with the same finish (the previous refurb had mixed in silvers with the bronze. Perhaps a little OCD of me but geez - it's not that tough to select bronze in an order instead of silver). And they kept the laundry doors with the leaf cut outs. :goodvibes
Thanks for sharing, I hadn’t seen this video yet. I can’t wait for someone to do a 2 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter