VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I have been lurking on VWL Lovers site for a while and am so glad to hear that once you post you’re a groupie forever! Well count me IN! We stayed at the Wilderness for the first time in 2014 then again in 2016, then 2017...Love, Love, Love it there! Planning a trip for 2019 and can’t wait!
:tinker:

I know I speak for all Groupies when I say...

Welcome to our home.jpg

Anyone who puts triple "loves" in their description of WL is certainly more than qualified to join in the fun!

We hope you stick around, share some memories of your past stays and let us know how your 2019 trip planning is going. For instance, when do you think you are going in 2019?

I know I speak for all Groupies when I say...

View attachment 337340

Anyone who puts triple "loves" in their description of WL is certainly more than qualified to join in the fun!

We hope you stick around, share some memories of your past stays and let us know how your 2019 trip planning is going. For instance, when do you think you are going in 2019?

Thank you so much!!❤️ I always love to talk about our trips “home”! We are trying to decide between March or May next year. There are five of us. My sons are older so this my be a last full family trip for a while. My daughter is 15 so she still is always in for a trip. My oldest will be 25 on Sunday and is probably the most excited if the kids, his last visit was 9 years ago( he was too “cool” to vacation with the family after that. Lol, now he’s looking forward to spending time with us again! Can’t wait!
You know I was bummed when they removed the quiet pool my younger son and daughter and me would stay out there swimming and catching up on each other’s lives till like 2 in the morning some nights. But I do love the new pool... zero entry and the ring it’s just beautiful!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome & the responses.
I have read that photos are encouraged - I have two.
First is from our last VWL trip in 2007. Second is from last year.
View attachment 337342
View attachment 337343

Great photos! I love seeing the old "2 mountain" DVC logo, and of course our favorite Mickey topiary in it's old spot. :thumbsup2

And fun to see your daughters 10 years later still loving their WDW visits! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Thank you so much!!❤️ I always love to talk about our trips “home”! We are trying to decide between March or May next year. There are five of us. My sons are older so this my be a last full family trip for a while. My daughter is 15 so she still is always in for a trip. My oldest will be 25 on Sunday and is probably the most excited if the kids, his last visit was 9 years ago( he was too “cool” to vacation with the family after that. Lol, now he’s looking forward to spending time with us again! Can’t wait!
You know I was bummed when they removed the quiet pool my younger son and daughter and me would stay out there swimming and catching up on each other’s lives till like 2 in the morning some nights. But I do love the new pool... zero entry and the ring it’s just beautiful!

I can't remember if you said you are a DVC member or not? If so, March will be moving into the 7 month category pretty soon so you'll want to be sure to book before that! You'll love the new WL campus...different but exciting in its own way. :)

I can't remember if you said you are a DVC member or not? If so, March will be moving into the 7 month category pretty soon so you'll want to be sure to book before that! You'll love the new WL campus...different but exciting in its own way. :)
I am a newbie DVC’er actually just closed resale last week and waiting for my Welcome booklet and finally membership number and points! I’m watching the calendar like a hawk!

Dropping back in. We'd stayed in the main Lodge a couple of times, and loved it. (Hubby is from Seattle and grew up in a log home, so it truly feels like home.)

Bought resale in 2016, and finally stayed in VWL this month. Absolutely amazing. Peaceful and so convenient to the pool, the new restaurant, etc. Already in contract to add on more points at VWL. :) We can't wait for our next stay! Loved it more than copper creek. Just feels like we belong. And we love the checkerboard area by the fireplace. So cozy and homey!

Dropping back in. We'd stayed in the main Lodge a couple of times, and loved it. (Hubby is from Seattle and grew up in a log home, so it truly feels like home.)

Bought resale in 2016, and finally stayed in VWL this month. Absolutely amazing. Peaceful and so convenient to the pool, the new restaurant, etc. Already in contract to add on more points at VWL. :) We can't wait for our next stay! Loved it more than copper creek. Just feels like we belong. And we love the checkerboard area by the fireplace. So cozy and homey!
Yep, there's just something about the feel of the Lodge. . .:thumbsup2

HEY . . .AllDay . . . WELCOME to the Groupies! So glad to see you decided to jump out from behind the trees and let us know about your love of The Lodge! We love to be energized by those new to The Lodge, or those that have finally decided to jump into the fun here on this thread after years of enjoying the atmosphere The Lodge offers. Let us know how we can help you with any of your questions about The World in general, specific holiday or event happenings, or how to do things never tried before. The knowledge about The World found here is wonderful! Again, WELCOME to the GROUPIES! party:

. . . . . Just this week, I removed myself from a FB group, which used to be very friendly, but turned south rather quickly. I have enough pessimism, negativity, etc. in my everyday walk through work. We all need escapism. Isn't that why we all go to WDW in the 1st place? :D

So this place is my retreat in the AM, before the day starts. Its a safe haven, as I know I won't be blasted by a naysayer who may judge me because my life needs lifting up for whatever reason. But its also a place to celebrate life pleasures too, including the the love of the Lodge, along with many other things that we all enjoy and know we can share the joy here, again, not being blasted for being happy. Sad that others can't be happy for us in our happiest times, but would rather tear us down.

We are a unique group indeed, and one I am proud to be a part of!

Jimmy . . . as I may have stated before in this thread, because of such negativity in the world, DiznyDi & I do not have cable or satellite TV; do not get a newspaper or magazines; don't "do" Facebook, nor do we Tweet, Snap, Chat, Quack, or Pop; we watch no commercial TV, but watch Netflix often. Somehow we survive, still knowing what is going on in the world, and enjoy our family and friends more.

But let me say, that there are two discussion boards I participate in; this thread is one (sorry, I no longer visit other DISboard threads) and one hobby discussion board. Both are wonderful in there own right. This thread feeds my love for The World, while the other feeds my need for improvements in my hobby. Both are filled with great people that are understanding and concerned for the others participating. Yes, Jimmy, Safe Havens. But we also need to remember that although we are safe in these environments, that is not what we were made for . . . . now get to work! :teeth:

Congratulations on your first VWL stay. We're happy to hear that it was everything you hoped for. Feel free to drop in any time, and if you want to share any pictures of our home, we won't object! :)

Granny, how about the original 3 mountain logo?

1DisneyVacationClub.png

3 was first, apparently 3 of anything is "bad" luck or a no-no in some parts of the world so they removed one. Not sure why 3 trees was okay.

I thought that the 3 mountains came after the 2? It was the other way around?

3 was first, apparently 3 of anything is "bad" luck or a no-no in some parts of the world so they removed one. Not sure why 3 trees was okay.

Bill...thanks for the blast from the past! :) I agree, 3 mountains logo preceded the 2 mountains logo which lasted until the globe logo. And thanks for the info on the "3" issue...I hadn't heard that but it is hard to think of anything else that would have caused them to go from 3 to 2 mountains. I think the 2 mountain logo came in shortly before we joined DVC in 2001. I'll have to go back to my ownership materials to see what was on them. :)

Last edited:
Just one more rumor . . . I was told that the logo went to two mountains because it used less ink to print. I always thought that was a lame excuse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter