Visiting dis hotels ok if not staying there?

2xcited4wrds

Mouseketeer
We are going the week of may 18th - 24th & staying at CBR with ds 4, dd 9, & dd 8. Can we go & visit other properties without having dinner there? For instance, can we go watch the Electric Motor Parade from the Poly or check out the Animal Kingdom & see the animals? This would also help me to convice DH of a different property next time. Can we do the amenities at the FW after we see Hoop Dee Doo? Just don't want to break any Disney "rules" per say? Thanks for your input!

Can't wait to go!:Pinkbounc

You can most certainly watch the parade from any of the hotels it passes as well as visit the petting zoo etc. at Fort Wilderness. As far as Animal Kingdom goes, it is a restricted resort. My understanding is you can only go there if you are a guest or have PS for one of the restaurants. Apparently this is for the safety and well being of the animals. I'm sure you know this already, but just about the only thing you can't do at any resort where you're not a registered guest is use the pool. Have a fun trip.

I stayed at the Polynesian on my last trip, but resort hopped as well to check out the decorations and the resorts. Also did a quick walk through of the BCV demo room to see if it would be something my family & I would be interested in. I stayed in the main areas and had no problems.

We were able to freely visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge in December (and, in fact, were able to walk in and get seated at BOMA, which was awesome). It's a beautiful resort!

Visiting other resorts is one of our favorite things to do. We spent three entire days visiting resorts on our December trip, and had a great time. Each one has something different to offer.

Beth

As far as Animal Kingdom goes, it is a restricted resort.

I believe that was only when they first opened, since so many people wanted to see it. We have visited it freely, and in fact did a tour of it for a friend at the end of January. We love checking out other resorts..and getting ideas where our next stay may be.
Doris

Hi there...

Earlier posters are correct - AKL is no longer restricted as when it first opened...

But the few times I taxied back to the hotel from other places - the guard does stop the taxi and ask why we are arriving there.

When I arrived from the Airport - they checked my name on the clipboard when the driver said I was checking in.

This also happened at the GF when we took a taxi over for the Pirate Cruise - it makes you sort of feel unwelcome! Like you have to explain yourself.

But the resort bus service - no one asks or cares.

>>^..^<<

Thanks for all the answers! I am really looking forward to visiting other properties as this is our first on-site experience. I just wanted to be sure before the whole family got somewhere & then were told that we couldn't. That would be a bummer. Thanks again.:)

Hey 2xcited4wrds - We will also be at CBR May 22 - May 27, me and my DD (11)!! I'm so excited I just booked really lousy airfare, the rooms are paid for and I rec'd my tickets from Central Florida Reservations last week. We have never stayed at CBR - but are looking so forward to it. Also you can see the fireworks from Epcot from our resort. COOL!!!
Regarding your post we've stayed at AKL and loved it - if you can get a PS for an early evening dinner at Boma then go out and walk around and look at the animals, they are more prone to be out early mornings and early evenings. (thats how it was when we were there November '01). Hope to see you there.

You sure can check out the other resorts...we plan on doing just that on our upcoming December trip...I want to see how they all are decorated for Christmas! Have a great time! :D

Visiting the resorts is one of my favorite things to do. We always include one no-park day and spend it touring ALL of the resorts. If you plan to do that, be sure that you research everything there is at each of the resorts. With kids, I'd suggest WL (the animals are awesome), and Boardwalk. Some of the resorts are connected by boats, so take advantage of those too. I especially like the boat from FW to Contemporary, and from PO to DD. They're fun. And yes, as long as you are staying at a Disney resort, you can take advantage of the amenties at FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter