Visa card promotions

HatboxHaint

GrimGrinningGhost
Has anyone ever tried canceling their Disney Visa to see if you receive offers to apply again that come with promotions?

Yes. I had one in 2011 that I got with the $200 promo.. Canceled it after our 2011 trip... then in 2014 applied for another one and got it. I got my $200 GC last summer and will be using it on this trip.

word to the wise.... opening and closing credit lines a lot looks bad on your credit report.

word to the wise.... opening and closing credit lines a lot looks bad on your credit report.

Not necessarily. We did it all the time throught the 90's whene we got balance transfer offers with very low rates. Never affected us getting loans for anything.

Hmm. Why would anyone cancel their Disney Visa then steal a $200 gift card....

How is accepting an offer stealing in your book? I think this is taking the knight-up for disney standard a bit far... but good effort on your part.

I wouldn't say it is stealing if she waited three years to reapply. Personally I'd rather keep it and have a long standing open line of credit but accepting a promotional offer for establishing a new line of credit three years after closing a line isn't stealing. It is perfectly legal.

If you read the fine print when applying it says you need to wait 2 years to open another one to be able to qualify for the promo.

Also they offer the Premier card for a $49 annual fee. Two times points on Disney purchases, gas stations, and grocery stores (which include Wal-Marts and Targets that sell groceries and many convenience stores). I signed up for that when they waived my first years annual fee. Then I went back to the regular card. After 6 months received offer to upgrade and receive 50 bonus points which essentially made it free again. Now I am back to the regular card hoping for another offer. This in no way affects my credit (same line of credit, same cc #'s, only received new cards for each time I changed the options). I hope no feels I am "cheating" Chase out of those extra points!

The last referral I got to refer a friend for the$200 GC stated on the back that it was not for previous card members. I don't know if that's new or if they state that but you can still get around it? Maybe they don't really check or maybe it was just my specific rules when referring a friend?

Instead of cancelling your card and reapplying, why not just use the card for 2 years and accumulate Disney dollars to apply towards the cost of your trip? It won't hurt your credit score, and you can likely earn way more than $200 bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter