VIP Tour Cost

I’ve never heard this before and find it a little hard to believe that if I tip (for example) $300 cash in an envelope, the guide would be expected to count the cash, report the amount to Disney, at which point it would be deducted from his or her wages, if I am understanding you correctly.
Yup. Most of them co report it. They are worried about getting let go.

They also make them claim tips and deduct it from wages…
Yeah- but no more than your waiter.

An employee’s tips are theirs by law, even in FL- but that doesn’t mean they don’t have to be reported to the employer. If the difference between tipped minimum wage and normal minimum wage is not made up in tips the employer has to make it up. If it is made up in tips the employer doesn’t have to pay it (considered a tip credit) and anything beyond that is obviously the employee’s to keep.

$550 an hour for our day. Booked this am.

On the way to the airport if it flies. Also had a tornado there today too.

How far in advance do you need to book a VIP tour? I’m planning a family trip for Labor Day week this year….

We did a tour last October mid week post holiday weekend before Halloween. It was around the 20th of the month. The cash rate that day was $575/hour for a 7 hour minimum, over the 7 hour mark the charge in 15 minute increments with a maximum tour of 10 hours.
We did a tour about the same time last year. I think our hourly rate was $525, and there was one day cheaper; all the rest were more. But seems prices have gone up a lot. We stuck with the 7 hours, but I understood we would be charged by the full hour after. Add to that tip money for the guide.

We’re doing one next Sunday, 11/6. $700/hr, same 7 hr minimum. If memory serves, you can only add full hours. $800+ is more than I’d pay! I dialed our trip back by a day and used miles to book our flight home to help cut costs to make up the difference, but it’s a splurge, no doubt. The most economical pricing is mid-week, but that didn’t work for our timing.
We did midweek to be cheaper. Only way this worked for us is we had another year to save because of Covid. It was a treat to the family for finally being able to go.

How do family's deal with a regular day after doing the VIP Tour? Once you do the VIP tour, I am not sure my kids could ever go back to waiting in lines

How do family's deal with a regular day after doing the VIP Tour? Once you do the VIP tour, I am not sure my kids could ever go back to waiting in lines
With a combination of RD, FP (more recently Genie+/ILL), tours, and visiting often enough to be fine with a “the line’s too long, we’ll do that next time” and “it’s crazy here this afternoon, let’s go back and go to the pool instead” approach, my family got used to hardly ever waiting more than about 25 minutes for anything.

We focus on the A-List rides on our tour day, then use the non-tour days to do shows, B-List attractions, other experiences... Both are great, just different!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter