VIP Tour-4 parks questions

Great info, we’re hoping to do one in November with a large group. Staying at BWV so will probably skip Epcot as can park hop there easily. I’m confused about which park you need to reserve that day. Does it matter? Can you meet your guide outside park entrance for 1st park if you don’t use them for transport, and if so do you still need to have a park reservation for the first park?

Great info, we’re hoping to do one in November with a large group. Staying at BWV so will probably skip Epcot as can park hop there easily. I’m confused about which park you need to reserve that day. Does it matter? Can you meet your guide outside park entrance for 1st park if you don’t use them for transport, and if so do you still need to have a park reservation for the first park?

You do need a park reservation, for whatever park will be your first park. We started at DHS and needed to change our previous reservation (from MK) to DHS. The CM making the VIP reservation was able to go ahead and do that for us. I think she also confirmed we had park hopper tickets.

When we said we wanted to meet the guide at DHS, we were told to meet at Oscar’s service station just inside the gates (where they have strollers and ECVs). By meeting inside the park, we had already done security and tickets, saving time when we started the tour. I think that would be particularly helpful with a large group, because everything is going to take longer.

Does anyone know where you enter for AK for the tour? We only want to do Avatar.

We drove to a backstage lot near the safari, then our guide moved the car to be just behind Dinosaur for our exit. If it's not your first park, you'll probably be brought in through whatever backstage lot is closest to Pandora.

The more I read on this the more I want to do it, and the more questions I have 😊

I’m curious on the 7 hour window...if we meet guide at DHS to start, end at MK and use guide transport back to the Boardwalk, I assume the transport time also needs to fit within the window?

Also, if we do the tour (Nov) it wouldn’t be our entire party (ages 20’s-70’s), but only myself and 8 of the younger folks (20-somethings & millenials). Purpose would be to do the headliners only, and we would skip Epcot. However we’re also hoping to have a large gathering in our Grand Villa that evening as it’s the only night that we are all overlapping. Thus I’m concerned about the 7 hour timeframe, and people’s energy levels going into the evening. For folks who have done this - do you think 6 hours would be enough to do the headliners in those 3 parks if we met at first park, and took 1/2 hr for a QS (realizing that I would still pay for full 7) . Also, does anyone know the earliest time they‘ll start the tour?

Finally, any recommendations for great guides for that age group? Many thanks!

The more I read on this the more I want to do it, and the more questions I have 😊

I’m curious on the 7 hour window...if we meet guide at DHS to start, end at MK and use guide transport back to the Boardwalk, I assume the transport time also needs to fit within the window?

Also, if we do the tour (Nov) it wouldn’t be our entire party (ages 20’s-70’s), but only myself and 8 of the younger folks (20-somethings & millenials). Purpose would be to do the headliners only, and we would skip Epcot. However we’re also hoping to have a large gathering in our Grand Villa that evening as it’s the only night that we are all overlapping. Thus I’m concerned about the 7 hour timeframe, and people’s energy levels going into the evening. For folks who have done this - do you think 6 hours would be enough to do the headliners in those 3 parks if we met at first park, and took 1/2 hr for a QS (realizing that I would still pay for full 7) . Also, does anyone know the earliest time they‘ll start the tour?

We did the tour in March with my son and his family, my son paid for it! My husband and I are 68 and 70. We did 7 hours in all 4 parks starting in MK. We did quick serve lunch in AK. Our guide’s name was Sam, he has done the tours for 22 years and was fantastic! My son gave him a list of the rides everyone wanted to get done in each park and Sam led us in the most efficient was to get the rides done ending where we would exit the park where our van was parked backstage to go on to the next park. You are driven on back roads to the parks and enter backstage near the rides you will be doing. In AK we wintered near Pandora,, did the rides there then drove to the other side of the park to do more rides. In Epcot we parked near Test Track and did that ride then parked between Norway and China to ride Frozen, the drove to the back side of Soarin to ride that. We also found out our guide could have made dinner reservations for us. We ended our night in Epcot where my son and his family ate, my husband and I returned to our hotel with our youngest grandson to eat there. My son said it was the best money he ever spent at Disney and will get a guide every trip now. Sam always found my husband an me a shady spot to sit while waiting for the others to ride. They ended up on 21 rides that day!

We did the tour in March with my son and his family, my son paid for it! My husband and I are 68 and 70. We did 7 hours in all 4 parks starting in MK. We did quick serve lunch in AK. Our guide’s name was Sam, he has done the tours for 22 years and was fantastic! My son gave him a list of the rides everyone wanted to get done in each park and Sam led us in the most efficient was to get the rides done ending where we would exit the park where our van was parked backstage to go on to the next park. You are driven on back roads to the parks and enter backstage near the rides you will be doing. In AK we wintered near Pandora,, did the rides there then drove to the other side of the park to do more rides. In Epcot we parked near Test Track and did that ride then parked between Norway and China to ride Frozen, the drove to the back side of Soarin to ride that. We also found out our guide could have made dinner reservations for us. We ended our night in Epcot where my son and his family ate, my husband and I returned to our hotel with our youngest grandson to eat there. My son said it was the best money he ever spent at Disney and will get a guide every trip now. Sam always found my husband an me a shady spot to sit while waiting for the others to ride. They ended up on 21 rides that day!

Wow, 21 rides, that’s amazing! I was hoping for 10 to 15! You forget how much time we all spend getting from point A to point B! Very helpful info, thank you.

Wow, 21 rides, that’s amazing! I was hoping for 10 to 15! You forget how much time we all spend getting from point A to point B! Very helpful info, thank you.
The thing is the guides know the mist efficient way to do the rides so you can get the mist done in your allotted time period. This is where a seasoned guide comes in.

Yes, whatever time the guide is with you counts toward the window. So if you end with transport back to Boardwalk, that will count.

When I said we wanted to meet the guide at a park, I was told that the earliest time to start was the park's opening time.

We had Dave (Aussie Dave), who was great and had a high energy level. It seemed like he knew most CMs we ran across and they knew him!

It depends on what rides you want to do, too. If we had tried for RoTR at DHS, the ride itself would have been 20 minutes. And the safari was over 20 minutes. The coasters are much shorter.

Another thing to keep in mind is that at MK and HS, the tour guide can only park at one spot, whereas at AK and Epcot, they can drive you backstage to several spots. We once did 4 parks, but that was exhausting. We’ve since switched to 3 parks only, cutting out Epcot (at least until new attractions open up). My tweens couldn’t walk as fast through the parks as my husband and I, so a good chunk of the time is spent walking between attractions. We always start at HS so that we can try to get the second set of boarding groups for ROTR after our tour ends. It’s worked out well for us several times that way.

Another thing to keep in mind is that at MK and HS, the tour guide can only park at one spot, whereas at AK and Epcot, they can drive you backstage to several spots. We once did 4 parks, but that was exhausting. We’ve since switched to 3 parks only, cutting out Epcot (at least until new attractions open up). My tweens couldn’t walk as fast through the parks as my husband and I, so a good chunk of the time is spent walking between attractions. We always start at HS so that we can try to get the second set of boarding groups for ROTR after our tour ends. It’s worked out well for us several times that way.
Thanks! I was thinking about this for ROTR but that means you’d still need to be in DHS at 1pm to try for 2nd boarding group right? If so, what time did you start there, and what time did you finish at the other parks? Might be too late in the day for us to do that way as we have evening plans.

plans.

Just a warning for all the first timers on a VIP tour. 1 your trips will never be the same, 2 your gonna be exhausted! 5 tours ago, I said never again…. Now it’s to the point where I’m saying only if we get 1 tour days, lol. Next one scheduled in 2 weeks!!

We did 4 parks on March 26th. My son booked the tour for his family, my husband and I tagged along! I did a review of it somewhere on here. My grandchildren are 11,9 and 6. We did not feel rushed at all. You move at the pace you want. You make a list of the rides you want to do, the guide will tour the park in the most efficient way possible. we Met our guide at the MK, because we were staying at the Grand Floridian. We scanned into the park had our temp checked and never scanned into another park. We entered all other parks from backstage. Most of the time from different areas depending on the rides we wanted to do. It was so worth it and my son has decided it is the only way to tour the parks now! Any other questions I will be happy to answer them

Hi KerryCM~

Did you and your family focus on rides w/height limitations since your Grandchildren were with you?

Do you think the Ultimate Disney Classics Tour is worthwhile for the little ones? Are the lines for rides focused on young children shorter, making it an unnecessary expense?

Appreciate your feedback!

Hi KerryCM~

Did you and your family focus on rides w/height limitations since your Grandchildren were with you?

Do you think the Ultimate Disney Classics Tour is worthwhile for the little ones? Are the lines for rides focused on young children shorter, making it an unnecessary expense?

Appreciate your feedback!

We’ve done several Semi-VIP tours before and LOVED them (never this one though). If you have little kids and don’t want to spring for a private tour it’s really your only option as the others go on rides with height restrictions. They aren’t running right now, but if they were, I wouldn’t pay for one as several rides like Tea Cups and Dumbo are walk-on currently, but Pre-Covid even Dumbo had long waits. That being said, the queue length is relative because a lot of the attractions on the list aren’t known for the longest waits, but they still have waits and with little kids, getting to walk on all of them would be amazing. There is also usually food or snacks included. If FPs come back, I always felt like the tours were worth it because I could use my FPs for rides that weren’t included on this tour. For this tour, several rides that were never really “worth” a FP but still have annoyingly long waits are included, so I think it would be a nice addition if you had a second day (or 1/2 a day) to focus on other rides at MK.

They also used to offer a pre-opening ofter paid event in Fantasy Land that would have been worth it with little kids. I hope Disney brings these options back!

Last edited:
Thank you for the insight. What was the pre-opening event? (In hopes all things return to normal)

We are looking to visit WDW in Feb, so I am anticipating the parks will be more crowed than ever? I’m guessing FP will return (hopefully).

I’m trying to determine how to tackle MK with preschoolers and no breakdowns....

Actually my grandchildren are 11,9 and 6. They chose the rides they wanted to do and they passed the height requirement, except the 6 year old. My husband and I sat out with him while the others rode. It was no big deal to him as he didn’t want to ride anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter