Vintage resort pics?

I am getting real liberal with the term 'vintage resort pics'. Below are a couple of pics from the beach at Fort Wilderness - I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

Oh, I am the geeky one wearing the complete face mask for swimming in the lagoon. :rotfl:

Connor-173.jpg

Connor-174.jpg

OK, I need ya'lls help. Does anyone know where this is? I don't recognize any of the landmarks. Could it be near the Polynesian?

Connor-165.jpg

The second picture is at Downtown Disney, that is Fulton's Crab House across the lake

I know these dont count as resorts but I just had to share them. They are from the early 80's.

scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

LOVE the old pics!!!!

I went as a child in the 70's but we just drove there (we were visiting FL relatives.)

First time staying on property was my honeymoon at WL in 1995, so not very vintage.

I love these pictures! My first trip was 1995 so I don't have very much to share, but I am really enjoying all of these vintage shots. This just reminds me how important it is to put together outfits for my trip next week that won't come back to haunt me in 30 years!

Wow - just found this thread - I have a ton of old pics...guess Im old.:lmao:
First trip 1978? (I was 9) Will scan some pics tomorrow to share.

Ok I DO have older pics but these are the ones I can locate at the moment -
From 1989 almost 20 years which I think makes them vintage.

When you open this post in your browser if you do a CTRL + you should be able to zoom in on them.

Map - there are like NO rides.
ry%3D480

Cars at entrance (instead of stroller fest)
ry%3D480

Cool signage - no big hat
ry%3D480

PrimeTime Cafe - Smokers - middle pic
ry%3D480

These are GREAT - I love the way the "old" "Disney MGM" Studios looked and that Mary Blair poster on the CR wall is unbelievable!

I'd love to have one of those CR wall maps. I remember reading somewhere that they were removed but only a few were salvaged.

Ok I DO have older pics but these are the ones I can locate at the moment -
From 1989 almost 20 years which I think makes them vintage.

When you open this post in your browser if you do a CTRL + you should be able to zoom in on them.

Map - there are like NO rides.
ry%3D480

I miss the old "giant hidden Mickey" in the MGM map!

Loving the pics, I don't have any so old as it was 1995 when I first went, but I enjoyed seeing the pic of the old park ticket. Does anyone remeber those tickets from the nineties where they put your photo on each ticket in black and white?

I remember those tickets!!!! I think that has to be the worst picture ever taken of me. :lmao: I do believe that my grandma did have 1 day left on hers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter