• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vintage Fort Wilderness

sweet maxine

DIS Veteran
As I have posted here before, I lost my dad last year to a sudden illness. I will miss him forever.

This weekend, I was given three big boxes of photo albums and various memorabilia from my dad's life by my step-mom. She had been going through all of dad's things, and kept all of this for me. I was beside myself to receive it all!

Here's the good part---

I remembered a photo album-one of those kinds with the peel-back plastic pages-- that had pictures of a visit to Fort Wilderness the year it opened. I also thought there were some leftover tickets with the pictures.

So today, while looking through all of the happy memories, I found that very photo album and the tickets!! There is even a receipt for our stay at Fort Wilderness. The price my dad paid per night in June of 1972 was $10.58 + tax of $0.42. We only stayed 3 nights then, though it seemed much longer in my memory.

I have pictures of the boat to the MK, A & B ride tickets, and the ticket book which states the price for a Junior (I was 13 at the time) as $6.95. The adult ticket is priced at $7.50. This was for 2 admissions, and 14 "adventures" in the Magic Kingdom. I even have the guest IDs we were given for the Fort!! And the vehicle ID for the Fort too!!

After supper, I will try to scan a few of these to share. I just had to post my happiness at finding these treasures!

Wow!

Must really bring back memories. Hopefully enough time has passed to appreciate the memories. My mom died 8 years ago and we finally cleaned out the "lake house" when my dad remarried last Fall. We brought home all the photo albums since my dad's new wife "didn't have room for all that."

Fun to reminisce. We also found some WDW tickets from the 80's. Not as old and cheap as your's but still a shock when you look at the 1 day ticket today.

j

It's funny how the simplest things we do on a vacation, photos and tickets, can bring back such wonderful memories like they had just happened a short time ago. Enjoy :-)

You’re so fortunate to have a step-mother who gave you those memories of your father. Happy for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter