Video Camera with Digital Photo questions

PhillyDisnynut

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used thier digital video camera that has a memory stick for pictures. ? I was just wondering what those photos come out like? and how many pictures you can fix on a memory stick at either high or medium resolution. I was thinking of purchasing a new Digital HI8 video camera . I currently have an anolog hi-8. i want to be able to put the old video's onto VCD's . so i thought the digital photo feature was nice, i currently have a kodak digital camera, nothing fancy, takes nice photos, but some are blurry sometimes.
any input would be helpfull

I have a Sony digital camcorder I bought in fall 2000 before our last Disney trip. I really like the still photo feature. In addition to taking actual still photos with it you can also freeze frames from video for still photos. The number of pictures you can fit depends on size of stick. These little buggers aren't cheap though! The photo quality is good - not as good as my 35 mm camera but good enough that I am putting them in my scrapbooks!

Personally I would not rely on this as my only camera unless the quality has improved a lot since 2000 (which is possible) I also like the ease of use and reliability of my 35 mm. I always carried that with us but only brought camcorder about 1/2 the time. Even though the digital one is small, it is still something to lug around and worry about losing.

We have a Canon ZR45 MC digital camcorder with the still feature. I really like the video quality but the stills aren't as good as what I can take with my Kodak Advantix camera. One problem with the digital is that you need to bring a lot of memory cards or have a laptop to download into.

I have the canon zr65. It has still picture capability. My link at the bottom is a picture that I took OF a picture of my kids with the digital camcorder.

I use a Panasonic Palmcorder MiniDV, and I love it. I use a 32 megabyte Lexar card (about the same size & a little thicker than a postage stamp) and on high res I get a good 200 shots. On medium res I get about 460.

Also, the high quality pic is about 2.5 megapixels & the medium quality is 1.5 megapixels I believe

I have a minidv sony camcorder that has a one megapixel still. The pictures are good but not as good as the stand alone digital camera, especially my 5 megapixel. If you don't have another still camera than the stills on the camcorder come in handy.

Good question. Anyone out there have one of the Sony MicroMV cameras that have Blue Tooth? My husband wants to buy one because of the size, but I worry about the quality of the still photos. I'm tempted to by a separate digital camera just in case.

I don't know anything about these cameras but you might want to check out these two sites they have alot of info and reviews. I like the second one best (Steves digital cameras) but his site is down today for some reason.
1. Digital Photograhy reviews
www.dpreview.com
2. Steves digatl cameras reviews
www.steves-digicams.com
Hope this helps and good luck.
Don :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter