Victrophics on the Wish

VacationBill

Earning My Ears
What is Victrophics? I have seen it mentioned a number of times and people seems to enyoy it. We will be on the Wish in two months.

Hoping we can get a mod to move this to the main DCL forum since you'll probably get more responses there. I just happened to see it over here in the Trip Report section. (@AquaDame can you help, please?)

Victrophonics is basically Postmodern Jukebox meets Disney. They played Disney hits (and some other things) with a sort of jazzy nod. The musicians were fabulous and there was tap dancing as well. We really enjoyed their performance. They only performed one night but we caught both their performances. They had two singers (male and female), piano, guitar, bass, and drums plus the aforementioned tap dancer.

Attachments

• IMG_7443.jpeg
    IMG_7443.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 22
Good description above, we really enjoyed it last week. Vocalists were leads from the Plays, very talented. Band was great too. Short show, about 30 minutes, highly recommended. Since the vocalists are from the main shows, Vphonics is only offered on one night, 2 performances as mentioned.

Thanks. I will look for it! Is it on the daily activity list?

And thanks to the mod who moved my question.

Thanks. I will look for it! Is it on the daily activity list?

And thanks to the mod who moved my question.
It was in the Navigator app and for us it was on the first night. The show the first night is light on characters/actors which is probably why they can do this instead.

We saw it a few times on our cruise in Nov on the wish when we passed by Luna.

I personally didn't care for it but it seems I'm in the minority in opinion. I have seen several others rave about them on here.

We heard them on our Apr 3rd voyage. I really enyoyed them. They were on the Main Stage. It would be better if they performed in a smaller venue as they were competing with all the noise in the area. Their perfomance time was noted in the Navagator.

We saw it a few times on our cruise in Nov on the wish when we passed by Luna.

I personally didn't care for it but it seems I'm in the minority in opinion. I have seen several others rave about them on here.
I agree, I didn't love the act. I will say the tap dancer was mesmerizing to watch but overall, eh. I saw them, I wouldn't bother going to see them again. The act just seemed like a cheap way to get some entertainment...use the theater actors, acting as a band/group. Sort of a recycled act so they dont need to bring an actual variety act on board.

And I will say they were all very talented, it just wasn't my thing.

Last edited:
We saw it twice on two different sailings on the Wish. One time it was GREAT and one time it was just OK. Performer dependent. It is only done one night as the other nights the singers are in the live plays.

We heard them on our Apr 3rd voyage. I really enyoyed them. They were on the Main Stage. It would be better if they performed in a smaller venue as they were competing with all the noise in the area. Their perfomance time was noted in the Navagator.
Isn't the main stage the theater? How was there other noise around then?

Oh on our sailings they were in Luna soca little more quiet and better to hear
Them. Interesting that they were in grand hall stage for your sailing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter