victoria+ mike's 10-21-07 pj/tr+hm tr-pavilion-boardwalk-disney cruise 7day west

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes go with mens warehouse. but i have to say that carolynn allens is a great choice also. the photobooth was 1000 but we had the long package and it waws sososo woth it!!!

Congratulations! Everything was beautiful! I loved the look of your reception, how fun! You said you had a kids table? I am having kids at my reception, we thought of a candy "bar", did Disney do your candy centerpieces? And what "stuff" did you have for your kids table?

Congratulations! Everything was beautiful! I loved the look of your reception, how fun! You said you had a kids table? I am having kids at my reception, we thought of a candy "bar", did Disney do your candy centerpieces? And what "stuff" did you have for your kids table?

thank you. i do like how it turned out! yes i had a kids table. it had parchment paper on it and i bought crayons and coloring pages also bubbles and these disney rubic cubes for fun.. also yes disney did the centerpieces. they did a great job. i am sure they can do a candy bar for you. and it was not that pricy

checking for an update! :cloud9:

hay long time no hear eheh. i am so busy i am sorry i have not updated. but i finally got all the pics i needed back so i will be hopefully finidhing my tr tomorrow. and i will do my honeymoon next weekend. thanks for keeping intrest. i will hear from you tomorrow :)

I haven't read your whole report, but I just caught a little bit in there about having problems with After Hours. I will second that. Loudly. With a HUGE AMEN! Our wedding was on October 29th. The sad part is - they got all the guys tuxes right in general, and could have had a great review from us, but.... the service and the attitudes and the time it took and..... well, you name it. I would NEVER use them again. Which After Hours did you use? We went to the one in Kissimme, at the Loop. I don't know if it makes a difference which one you go to, though with what the problems were, I think ANY of the stores would have been a problem.

The thing is... I don't know about Men's Warehouse being a better choice, unless there have been recent reviews saying they are good. After Hours was bought out by Men's Warehouse last year, and changing over to the systems for Men's Warehouse was evidently at least part of the problems we experienced - and they really didn't care that we had made arrangements to have tuxes for a wedding, that took precedence.

I don't want to T/J here, so I think perhaps I should start a new thread about this to let people know.....

Congratulations to you both! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together.

I just loved your Mom's Dress, do you the name of the designer or where she purchased it? Thanks, Lori:cutie:

I know this may have been answered before but what was the photobooth??

we got out photobooth from party booths .com they were great! i have 90 pages of 4. they come and set it up it looks just like onw you would see at a boardwalk or even sometimes in a mall. let me know if you want anymore info

I haven't read your whole report, but I just caught a little bit in there about having problems with After Hours. I will second that. Loudly. With a HUGE AMEN! Our wedding was on October 29th. The sad part is - they got all the guys tuxes right in general, and could have had a great review from us, but.... the service and the attitudes and the time it took and..... well, you name it. I would NEVER use them again. Which After Hours did you use? We went to the one in Kissimme, at the Loop. I don't know if it makes a difference which one you go to, though with what the problems were, I think ANY of the stores would have been a problem.

The thing is... I don't know about Men's Warehouse being a better choice, unless there have been recent reviews saying they are good. After Hours was bought out by Men's Warehouse last year, and changing over to the systems for Men's Warehouse was evidently at least part of the problems we experienced - and they really didn't care that we had made arrangements to have tuxes for a wedding, that took precedence.

I don't want to T/J here, so I think perhaps I should start a new thread about this to let people know.....

i too used the loop after hours. ahh just the thought makes me turn red!

Congratulations to you both! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together.

I just loved your Mom's Dress, do you the name of the designer or where she purchased it? Thanks, Lori:cutie:

thank you! :) my moms dress was labelle.it was so beautiful in person as well. it sparled and was great quality definatly look into that brand!

Sorry this is taking me so long. but here goes.

Friday two days beofre the wedding. thankfully all of the family had arrived and was in threre hotels not problems. they all had revieved there gift bags and were hapy.
Me and my dad and mom went to breakfast at spoddles and then me and mom were off to pick up my dress and the men were picking up the tuxes (uy yu yi)

Ok so me and mom went and got the dress no problem. after that we went to ivy trellis to get out nails done and my grandma and cousing had there hair cut. they did a great job. The men were noe done with tuxes (so i think) and they were going out for the bachelor party. they went to dinner at all star/ min golf and to jelly rolls.

here are some pics.
cake266.jpg

men getting tuxes
cake016-1.jpg

me and mom and grandma and aunt at dinner
cake015-1.jpg

me going to b party!
cake008-1.jpg

me at nail salon

alright so this day truly was for the most part un eventful untill... all the men go off to have a grand time.me and the women are done with dinner and me and mom go back to the hotel so i run into the rooms to see the tuxes i was so excited this made thigs feel real you guyes understand. i open the closet and was speachlss. the shirts were all white and the rb ivory they had the pleats on them. then o man then the grooms tie was ivory and vest white and the fob vest was brown like the gm . i wanted to scream. so i call the store which is closed. what am i going to do.
tomorrow was the rehersal breakfast/rehersal/ welcome paryt. ok i figure i will cll them and they will let us pick it up in the afternoon. to be conitnued..

alright where was i. So saturday morning i wake up. and today is the day of the rehersal breakfast/rehersal and welcome party. To my dissapointment it was raining. I was upset but new that disney would still make my welcome party work.
At 9 am both families meet at my parents room to exchange the gifts we had bought for them. they all loved them. it was then off to the rehereal breakfast. we had it at 1900 park fare. they fod was great and it is such a fairy tale resturant. it was a nice way to break the ice before the rehereal.
we then at 11:30 walked to the pavilion. i was so excited but in the back of my mind i had rain and tuxes but i wanted to make sure i enjoyedeach moment so i pushed the worried aside. when we arrived at the pavlion michelle the planner was there and told the family to go inside and wanted to talk to me and mike. she went over a few things and wanted to let us know that it was our choice but she thought it woud be best that we move our welcome party from the beach to inside. i was dissapointed but agreed. i would have hated people to be uncomfortable or to be stuck in the rain. after that we started the rehersal.
i have to say i enjoyed it and rev kev was amazing i felt like i knew him for a long time. and everything went smooth.

it took about an hour. and we were on our way back to the hotel to call after hours and to check int my suite for the wedding morning. yea. so in the bus i call after hours and this is where the fun begine :-)() i call and i tell them what the problem is. i figure them to say ok come on in and we will make the corrections. Not! they told me they were sorry but they cant fix it. umm no. I then told them that they have to try to fix it especially the fob vest. i figured let me focus on the most important thing. They then said they will call me back if they can help. o man this is not going to be good. so as i waited for the phone call (mind you it is 1:30 and my welcome party is at 5:00) i decide to call around to other tux places to have a back up. carolynn allens and one other which for the life of me i cant remember said that they could bring ivory vest. so i kept that in mt head. It is now 3:00 and no call from ah so i call them. they say we are sorry we cant fix it. i was so angry i cried. i decided to call carolynn and let her know to bring some ivory ones even thought it was not what i wanted i needed someting to make dad stand out it is only fair.
i then called my planner she was apaled by what happen. and said she will handle it. one hour later about 4:30 i recieve a call from ah that they will have a vest for me but i have to pick it up. umm i cant i have to go to my welcome party after a little back and forth they agre to bring the vest not any of thr ****rs or the grooms tie but i had given up at this point. they said they would bring it at 10:00 sunday. yes two hours before photos. so then rush off to get ready for the welcome party.

The party went off great we were moved into the yb ball room. it was nice and the decorated great, they even got us a cd with steel band music and the food was so great.
the mikey pops were such a hit! and everyone mingled with our game. it really was a nice start to a great weekend.

after the party the party did not stop all of us i mean all 60 of us went to the boarwalk bar and mingled more. that was so much fun.

at about 11:00 i said good bye to mike for the last time unmarried and went to my room. with my moh she stayed with me so i would have company. when we got back we ordered pizza and pakced the wedding bag. it was a good time. then i went to sleep and dreamed of tomorrow.

here are some pics..
cake023.jpg
cake022.jpg
us giving presents!!
cake025.jpg

side note this was my dad the whole weekend he took pics of wverything. even when we alked sown the isle it was so funny. he tood 500 pics. so if anyone wants to see more pcis i sure have them

cake036.jpg
cake043.jpg

cake047.jpg
cake026.jpg
cake302.jpg

breakfast!!

cake061.jpg
cake066.jpg

cake069.jpg
cake080.jpg

rehersal!

cake085.jpg
cake087.jpg

cake090.jpg
cake094.jpg

cake097.jpg

o yea we also had two prizes for the welcome party. we put a hidden mickey on two door knockers and those poeple won boardwalk pillow at the welcome it was a fun little addition.

cake101.jpg

cake122.jpg
cake126.jpg

cake130.jpg

the after party- it was so fun

next the wedding day... that will be a long one so it will take me about a week i want oto make it good.

after reading all the after hours drama on this board, i will NEVER use them. it was so nice of your wp to help you out that, that's disney for you!!! even though your welcome party wasn't as planned, it still looked super fun! you did a great job with the table decorations! i can't wait to read more!!!

I've viewed your TR several times, and I just wanted to say "Thank You" for providing such a detailed account of everything. My DF and I are planning to have our ceremony at the WP with our reception at the BW. Reading your TR has given us a good perspective on both locations.

not a problem. i am gladi have helped. i will be looking for your pj. i just loved my locations anything they do will be wounderful!!

hi everyone!
i am so excited i recieved my video today from a moment to remember company.
i got the bronze package and i was very happy with the outcome.
the end result is 45 minutes long edited to music of my choice and the raw footage is 3 hours!!
me and dh watched it last night and we laughed and laughed.
i told dh that everything that day seemedto go in slow motion and in a blur so to see it in the ral light was quite diffrent.
unfortunalty i have no way of posting the video. ideas anyone.
it was so great though. for anyone who is debating a video and is tryting to cut cost do not skip this. i am so happy i am able to relive my wedding. i would definalty find a way to fit atleast something in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter